Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I thought Black Desert Online was releasing in the US Q1 2016 as well. Might be wrong about that.
Is that the Snail Games game? If so lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
played bdo it was literally the shittiest possible p2w piece of poo poo on earth
pathfinder is basically a scam

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Das Gray posted:

Actually I have more of an interest, for some reason likely traced back to my dad issues, in crowfall. Tbh I haven't had a guild for a few mmo's now worth a drat. I've heard of this place for a long time and realized I was able to lurk a couple months back. Started lurking, enjoyed some of you guys' humor and stumbled upon Albion. I'd already recognized a handful of you from your cfall shitposting.

Typical Goon Spy Opsec...

quote:

I'm sadly always down to throw money at mmo's so I declared gently caress It and subbed to a community for a change. Yes I would like to play Albion and learn of your plans so that I may take part in them directly. I evidently haven't been playing the initiation game well but gently caress it I can always laugh at the cock jokes around here if you dudes aren't feeling it.

Typical Gewn behavior.

quote:

Bottom line is a desire to shoot the poo poo and play games with goons.

Lurk more, and survive 3 months... although in order to be a true goon you need to get probated or banned at least once... It's a right-of-passage in SA.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
I've never been probated or banned am I a fake goonperson? :smith:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Literally a Stupid Newbie.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
just be a part of the forums, friend das grey. you already have an avatar so that's cool. go and find some forums you enjoy and post! we love posters, posting and people who love to post. :justpost:

slutcannon
Jan 18, 2005

Trier posted:

I've never been probated or banned am I a fake goonperson? :smith:

probably took me around the time youve been here to be probated, spy.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Carol Pizzamom posted:

more like das idiot.. lmfao.. Ahahaha

Recked bitch!!!

GOT 'EM

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Meh, The Repopulation will get the SWG audience, Shroud and Shards will take the UO audience, guess this has its own niche since it's PVP-centric. but it would still be smart to get this out the door while they can get away with murder due to a lack of really anything remotely similar (without requiring the usage of MS Excel).

I thought Black Desert Online was releasing in the US Q1 2016 as well. Might be wrong about that.

Haven't paid attention to the Repopulation but is it full loot?

Shards never heard of. Seems far away from launch, is it even full loot?

Shroud is still so awful but as an old UO fan, yeah, maybe. Some areas will be full loot so this is a competitor in my eyes.

Black Desert Online looks beautiful and looked promising but they are just ruining the pvp more and more making it just awful if you want to kill people so that's no competition imo.

I think a lot of people are coming into Albion because it has full loot pvp (that's why I'm here) so with that feature I think it can manage among even the much bigger titles.

FormerFatty
Jul 18, 2006
there is much power to be gained by harnessing the sweat of pubbies

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Pixelslol posted:

Haven't paid attention to the Repopulation but is it full loot?

Shards never heard of. Seems far away from launch, is it even full loot?

Shroud is still so awful but as an old UO fan, yeah, maybe. Some areas will be full loot so this is a competitor in my eyes.

Black Desert Online looks beautiful and looked promising but they are just ruining the pvp more and more making it just awful if you want to kill people so that's no competition imo.

I think a lot of people are coming into Albion because it has full loot pvp (that's why I'm here) so with that feature I think it can manage among even the much bigger titles.

Repopulation has full loot ruleset. If you've been waiting the last nine years for the SWGEmu to release, Repop is the game for you.
Shards is another isometric sandbox MMO where it's really similar to Albion and UO, but it's also a platform for isometric sandbox MMOs where you can create the ruleset, implement your own gameplay mechanics, create your own terrain/quests.
BDO i've heard is generic but beautiful looking Korean MMO with housing mechanics, it has even less sandbox elements than ArcheAge and the current business model is extremely P2W I've been told.
Shroud is shaping up, played about four hours tonight and with a substantial amount of polish, it'll be great I think. Their deck system is awesome.

Anyways, getting back on topic, what armor tier is reasonably obtainable/replaceable but also decent for full loot PVP area purposes?

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Repopulation has full loot ruleset. If you've been waiting the last nine years for the SWGEmu to release, Repop is the game for you.
Shards is another isometric sandbox MMO where it's really similar to Albion and UO, but it's also a platform for isometric sandbox MMOs where you can create the ruleset, implement your own gameplay mechanics, create your own terrain/quests.
BDO i've heard is generic but beautiful looking Korean MMO with housing mechanics, it has even less sandbox elements than ArcheAge and the current business model is extremely P2W I've been told.
Shroud is shaping up, played about four hours tonight and with a substantial amount of polish, it'll be great I think. Their deck system is awesome.

Anyways, getting back on topic, what armor tier is reasonably obtainable/replaceable but also decent for full loot PVP area purposes?

Tier 4 is super easy to just hoard imo and tier 5 is a bit more annoying to lose a lot of but if you play a lot you can easily supply yourself with a lot of T5 especially if you're in a guild and can farm with friends and whatever. Last alpha I would go out in T5 for regular pvp and when i wanted to be fancy id use t6 but losing t6 was a bitch.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

this alpha, t4 self sufficiency will be fairly easy to accomplish. after release i think t5 will be the standard with tryhards going to t6 self reliance. t7 and t8 will be guild and alliance efforts.

e: as always, the bottleneck remains refining. if you want to be beloved by all, be a refining master

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
Looking forward to try and make a bear shaman from age of conan. Medium armor, mace swinging, heal on contact fighter. If that's even possible. I wish someone would throw up a destiny board so I can nerd out on the unlocks but alas I get to see it live on Tuesdee. Back to tending my Carol Pizzamom inflicted burns. But hey if it leads to learning secrets like trash bears and mystery ghosts then so be it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What the poo poo D&D? Back in :corsair: MY DAY:corsair: you'd catch a week to a month probation or a straight up ban for an intro post in D&D and all it would say is 'lurk more'.

loving kids these days.

Get off my lawn.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
So a pair of you have already tried to get me potentially perma banned. Glad I've made a great impression. From the looks of how recent new people got sponsored I guess I need to just gimmick + shitpost all over a game's forums? I'll pass on that one.

Stepping off the lawn put the guns down sir just taking a walk.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Das Gray posted:

So a pair of you have already tried to get me potentially perma banned. Glad I've made a great impression. From the looks of how recent new people got sponsored I guess I need to just gimmick + shitpost all over a game's forums? I'll pass on that one.

lol

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Das Gray posted:

i mean you already shitpost on these forums

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

Is this the real life

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

a slime posted:

Is this the real life

I this just fantasy?

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

pixaal posted:

I this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
no escape from reality~

Hi I'm an eve nerd and I want to play another game where I can make people's lives miserable. How buggy is this so far? Some of my space violence friends have said that the alpha was fun as gently caress but I've got very little patience for buggy poo poo. If I do decide to be an idiot and piss money away for the right to playtest someones uncompleted game, is there some sort of "go here, do this" type guide for newbees so that I'm not just flailing ineffectively? Also, how long does the alpha last? If its gonna be like a 2 or 3 week thing then loving :laffo: at the idea of spending 50 bux for it, especially if the game is f2p later on. OH, and are there multiple servers, or is everyone on a single shard?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

grumplestiltzkin posted:

no escape from reality~

Hi I'm an eve nerd and I want to play another game where I can make people's lives miserable. How buggy is this so far? Some of my space violence friends have said that the alpha was fun as gently caress but I've got very little patience for buggy poo poo. If I do decide to be an idiot and piss money away for the right to playtest someones uncompleted game, is there some sort of "go here, do this" type guide for newbees so that I'm not just flailing ineffectively? Also, how long does the alpha last? If its gonna be like a 2 or 3 week thing then loving :laffo: at the idea of spending 50 bux for it, especially if the game is f2p later on. OH, and are there multiple servers, or is everyone on a single shard?

This Alpha test should last 4-6 weeks by most people's reckoning. It begins tomorrow. Everyone says the game is fun, and the community is very sensitive and tear filled which is wonderful. I mean it's an Alpha though so expect weird mechanics, bugs, crashes, etc, just like literally any alpha game. But if you can accept that and have fun with other goons, you should have a good time.

Chucullinn
Dec 9, 2008
Definitely considering playing this game since I need a good pvp game again, but I have been burned by lovely hardcore pvp games like Darkfall and the like before.

Is pvp quite easy to gear up decently for with minimal effort? The time I can throw into this game will be limited enough.

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
I've signed up on the albion goons forums and slack.
LET IT BEGIN!!!
:sludgepal:

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.
Golly gee poo poo duck.

Why does this game have to look so fun? Why am I stupid? Why did I just spend dollars?

I am a broken, dumb human.

I look forward to being disappointed tomorrow. It'll be great.

Tilda
Jun 27, 2013
I'm signed up, forum'ed up and slacked up.
Bring me some pubbie tears!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

The last alpha was six weeks of solid fun killing people and taking their loot. If you are on the fence, this game should full release (and be f2p) probably summer 2016? Probably sooner. We started late last alpha and had a ball. This time, we've got a competent plan and are starting at the beginning. :getin: Check the OP and read the offsite forum or be in mumble when the servers are up for our plans.

lashawna
Jul 8, 2013

"Yes, I'd like to be king of all Londinium and wear a shiny hat."
Man I was on the fence, but if pixaal is playing then I gots to get in on this. Point me in the direction of the asteroid belts so I can mindlessly farm for the guild.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
If your going to play use the referral links in the OP

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
The only reason I will be playing is that I spent :10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux: on this back in February. And it's pretty fun.

It better not cut too much into my ArmA 3 gaming. :rant:

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

forge posted:

If your going to play use the referral links in the OP

The only referal link in the OP is the one hotlinked to Forgotten's account. Should probably move the list that was posted afterward into the OP, so we can get more folks with donkeys. Which is kind of useless for us folks with yaks (or whatever those things were).

So yeah, the hotlink points toward that post. :blush:

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I had faith you would figure it out.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

forge posted:

I had faith you would figure it out.

I am not a smart man.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish
Buying a legendary founder pack and playing tomorrow at 4 am will be the nerdiest thing I have done since spending new year eve 2000 playing Everquest. :(

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

lashawna posted:

Man I was on the fence, but if pixaal is playing then I gots to get in on this. Point me in the direction of the asteroid belts so I can mindlessly farm for the guild.

Pixaal is a person to be trusted just look at how well stronghold kingdoms goons went! I know I sure as hell didn't spend a large quantity of dollars in years past over goons tricking me with promises of foreign language tears! I will deposit my $50 into this piece of poo poo tonight while cursing you all.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

It's a good game. I'm glad I spent money on it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Fat and Useless posted:

Pixaal is a person to be trusted just look at how well stronghold kingdoms goons went! I know I sure as hell didn't spend a large quantity of dollars in years past over goons tricking me with promises of foreign language tears! I will deposit my $50 into this piece of poo poo tonight while cursing you all.

Don't need to worry about me loving up diplomatic issues out I'm not really leading anything, except maybe some drop PvP raids.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?
Well, I'm in. I was debating picking this up to supplement those periods of complete goon inactivity on ToL, buuuuuuut then I got laid off.

NOW I HAVE ALL OF THE FREE TIME

I'll figure out the forums and voice or whatever we're using later tonight. See you on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lashawna
Jul 8, 2013

"Yes, I'd like to be king of all Londinium and wear a shiny hat."

Fat and Useless posted:

He lured me in, on one of our wow raid nights, into his private vent server with the promise of Popsicles.

• Locked thread