Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
wow not even third post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

christ

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

App13 posted:

Bought the $50(?) pack a few months ago, played a mage for a few days and had a blast. Really scratches that Ultima Online itch for me.

welcome bud

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/11827-Changelog-since-Winter-Alpha/?postID=134774#post134774

changelog since Winter Alpha

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

a slime posted:

Please don't post in this thread until I can play the game again. Thank you for not posting

:firstpost:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im just going to pretend i have a pink elephant avatar

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

I'll give this game a go!

I saw it when it was first announced, glad to see they have made some progress. Any game where I can drown in pubbie tears is a good game to me.

#nofishingpacts

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bercilak is p cool imho

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol he is funny

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad of it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FormerFatty posted:

Gauntlet...

Can anyone speak to how the grind is in this game? It appears you can max out every skill? Thats giving me nightmares of Darkfall all over again.

If you want to be combat effective, the combat is not bad, and you can't exactly 'grind' currently. From what I understand in the current implementation of the game you are capped so you can't have a guild funnel one dude all the mats and have him do tier 8 by the end of the first day. I don't think most people are expected to be great at everything, because there is a lot of depth in the tree.

You can be really good at crafting tier 2 leather armor and make the effectiveness of it better than a higher tier set of armor.

I played Darkfall too, and the grind compared to that is basically nothing.This is more "pick what you want and get good at it and have fun," Darkfall was just "you literally can't have fun until you've macroed forever"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FormerFatty posted:

Well, looks like I'll be trying out the Alpha with you ;)

im glad of your thread on the albionforums

between our recent message board outings and you just making a post there its gonna really upset some people

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
goons, glutt uo goons/pubbies, mh

im glad of it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my avatar returns to its former glory

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the reason this could be good is this game isnt as bullshit as darkfall was about grinding

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
glutt, you can hop on our slack, which you can get to from albiongoons

btw

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
got a new sig

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/11707-Goonswarm-Vacation-Home/?postID=141684#post141684

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
darkfall was a fun game at its core but had a lot of unfun bullshit you had to do to get to the fun

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
someone needed to know how to add sanderistas to their avatar so I gave them a tutorial

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so das gray how did you find out about SA, it seems as if you just really mostly joined to play albion goons with goons

if you admit to wanting t o really just find out our plans I can probably arrange yfor you to join our forums since we dont have a lot to hide

so whats the gameplan, did you like SA and want to join, did yo uwant to play games with goons, or did you mostly want to find out what we are doing in Albion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
das gray, I think there is a 3 month minimum period for people to be in the guild without a sponsor, so just stick around and you'll make it in

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Orv posted:

Always all this backend work for a game that maybe twenty goons will see the release of.

I know you want to play, friend

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FormerFatty posted:

Ugh -- hate games with no skill cap... the grinder go the spoilz :/

It does in fact have that, just not low tiers

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I should not have to sell ALL the stuff I've collected just to be able to go out and collect more. That's slave labour and offers no advancement.

from reddit

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Awesome job guys

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Green Knight posted:

Just FYI: The lags have nothing to do with the huge amount of players. It is a simple memory leak thing which sometimes just takes time to be taken care of. I am pretty confident we have sorted them out by Friday.
And yes its more grindy then your other games, but more content coming with each major phase!

Game owns thanks so much

Couldn't play much yesterday or probs today tho :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they did tho

every part of the game feels way better than winter alpha, to me, at least idk

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:eyepop:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think towns would be really useful if everyone wasn't so starved for silver constantly. I just can't see myself buying a town plot because repairing a single piece of t3 armor is around 250 silver, and a regular NPC kill is like 30-40 silver because the silver return time is so low. I would like low tier weapons and armor to have essentially negligible repair costs and then have Tier 5 and up can have whatever. Considering carrots cost 2000 silver to plant not even a full farm (you get 8 seeds and farms have 9 slots), and carrots are basically constantly needed to maintain a territory at the start, its pretty pricey and makes territory upkeep kinda grindy. I get that higher tier food supposedly makes territory upkeep a lot better, but I think it pretty much drives off anyone who isn't being bankrolled by a guild to farm food.

I guess I wish that farming was a lot cheaper, food was decoupled from territories and made purely silver upkeep, and finally repair costs were cheaper for lower tiers. This would make it so newbie people weren't completely silver starved early on, and provide actual sinks for the silver to go into. Making farming that expensive for such little gain is probably my biggest gripe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks again for joining btw

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Green Knight posted:

sorry for double post!

You don't have to worry about that stuff here friend, post to your hearts content

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like number 2 a lot even tho its probably a bit late in the dev cycle to have it in

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
by the way guys im around but i felt like the goon guild was going pretty well and im honestly still learning at my new job so im pretty much focusing on that for the time being

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:justpost:

I think a few people have joined to play and they've been kinda awol since then

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

vrath posted:

A little nervous I guess...I quit reddit after the storm on there last week and decided to join SA as an alternative. I'm still adjusting to the change in environment.

uncle eonwe will give you posting tips

1: always post
2: never dont post
3: reddit is loving terrible, but so is SA
4: never, ever, ever loving read or post in Debate and Discussion

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Enemu posted:

You will be sorely disappointed :colbert:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SumYungGui posted:

Why you gotta piss in my cheerios?

Oh lol I didn't even read your post sorry :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kylra posted:

Some very important silver changes today (and an important horse safety change):

We're on everyone. Get your gathering skills up again because I think silver is going to stop bottlenecking.

E: And the chef fame bug should be fixed.

owns

• Locked thread