Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
@Eonwe: Leading by denial #guildleader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

I was thinking of just taking Eonwe's signature and MS painting my name over it, but I failed at doing even that. :(

I'll make you one but you need to come with a nifty #fishpact to use next week.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

It was entertaining, but a lot of good was accomplished in many ways:

1) Forum Rules changed for the better, hopefully a reduction in slurs and other lovely posters
2) #1 racist put on final notice
3) CEO takes strong public stand for equality
4) lovely tryhard guild horrifically shamed
5) Moderator in said tryhard lovely guild publicly reprimanded

Today was a good day.

I want to say the the public demoralizing of the mod, who was really rather douchy was the best win of the night.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 25, 2015

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Here is my referral link as well: https://albiononline.com/?ref=UPED54CMQY

100% gold refund to you or the guild (your choice). Do God's work!

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Eonwe posted:

my avatar returns to its former glory

Hmph. You said two weeks... it has not been two weeks... I want my money back.

loving.gewn

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Lastgirl posted:

I hope AwfulCitizen is aware :allears:

Hi~ :wave:

btw what is the general plan? Probably should ask on slack later, nvm.

Hi~ :wave:

The plan is on the forums...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Das Gray posted:

story of my life

at least he wasn't an rear end on the game forums like someone else.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

jhorphear posted:

I've gotten my $50 worth of entertainment from the tears that have been harvested off the forums. Everything else is just a bonus.

:captainpop:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Das Gray posted:

Actually I have more of an interest, for some reason likely traced back to my dad issues, in crowfall. Tbh I haven't had a guild for a few mmo's now worth a drat. I've heard of this place for a long time and realized I was able to lurk a couple months back. Started lurking, enjoyed some of you guys' humor and stumbled upon Albion. I'd already recognized a handful of you from your cfall shitposting.

Typical Goon Spy Opsec...

quote:

I'm sadly always down to throw money at mmo's so I declared gently caress It and subbed to a community for a change. Yes I would like to play Albion and learn of your plans so that I may take part in them directly. I evidently haven't been playing the initiation game well but gently caress it I can always laugh at the cock jokes around here if you dudes aren't feeling it.

Typical Gewn behavior.

quote:

Bottom line is a desire to shoot the poo poo and play games with goons.

Lurk more, and survive 3 months... although in order to be a true goon you need to get probated or banned at least once... It's a right-of-passage in SA.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

a random pubby found us on the fame boards or whatever for kill stats and whispered me to join. i explained i needed collateral to let him in.

on top of that, he moved from the east side of the map and sold everything he had to lighten the load

That pubbie is quitting the game and never playing with goons again.

Good Job, you are doing God's work.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

maximo833 posted:

Can someone help e out with the slacker? im having issues

Sure um PM me what your issues are with slack I mean.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
A Black Cock dude scammed me by giving me his Ox and a full load of Exceptional rare mats to refine and he didn't pay me.

If you want to read the epic story on how Space Violence got tricked by a sad Black Cock named Virtus, read here:
https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/13985-Black-Cock-are-not-to-be-trusted/#post154308

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 7, 2015

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

HENGRY BUNG posted:

is scamming allowed in this game?

It is, a quota thing. You need to scam people in order to get kudos, other wise goons laugh at you.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

vrath posted:

So I'm in the beta, found this thread, but I'm failing at the signup portion of this...I made a forum account but I'm failing at linking my SA account. Can someone help me remove my finger from the outlet?

Hi, we welcome you to our community. You are now a Goon. In order to be a real Goon, a member of the famed Gewn Squad, you need to post a little bit more so we are certain your fit in with our rather colorful troupe. Post a little, lurk a little more, check the rules, blend with the crowd and in 3 months or 600 posts you should fit in just fine.

If you survive this trial period, you may play with us for the Albion Beta...

Unfortunately there is no way around this. This is our way to make sure you REALLY want to be Gewn and not just a goon. It would probably help more if you get your forum sig in place as well. You need to Schmooze a little, blend some more... etc. Have fun!

Tempus Thales
Space Violence Recruiting Officer #830

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 7, 2015

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

vrath posted:

Understood, I know about goon squad, I used to play eve so I'm aware of posting requirements, I just wasn't aware it applied to albion as well. Guess I'll have to hit you guys back around the closed beta launch.

then how come you haven't added your forum sig yet?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

not only allowed but encouraged

don't try to get him banned, you know it's not allowed, we PUNISH scammers...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
I got scammed again, this time by the low lyfes of [IV] Deutsch Orden in Albion Online. I am about > . < this close to quit this game. I demand an audience with Bercilak to see what he is going to do about this Ruffians. I am starting to lose my faith in Eonwe and #guildleader as well because this continues to happen to me...

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/14156-IV-Deutsch-Orden-cannot-be-trusted/

This guy gives me his exceptional mats for refining and his ox, and he then doesn't pay me. I kept the refined mats and Ox as escrow for my troubles.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

Stunning news: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/14050-Announcement-BRAZZUKAS-is-leaving-the-OHGOD-Alliance/?pageNo=1

Apparently the AO pubbies have a SPY on our SOMETHING AWFUL FORUMS THREAD.

They have infiltrated our publicly viewable thread through, I assume, some form of sorcery or elite hacking skills.

seriously through the AO forums are a goldmine. :toot:

Prepare ship for ludicrous speed! Fasten all seatbelts, seal all entrances and exits, close all shops in the mall, cancel the three ring circus, secure all animals in the zoo!

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Blazing Zero posted:

you wasted :10bux: to see absolutely nothing at all :ocelot:
:eyepop:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Pixelslol posted:

There's video of this roam I can upload if anyone is interested. The night ended with us pissing off too many people and a huge amount of some guild of bads zerged us down. I think SoJ got away. I who like to pride myself on never dying got away, forgot to unflag and actually read some SA forums while in a red zone and was found and then I had a merry chase for a long time before I finally ran out of cleanse pots and speed pots and horses and died :gbsmith:

Zabala from Sandbox Interactive PM'd me and said:

"Hi,

Our PR guys wants to get some footage of cool fights to post and show what players are up to. This could be GvG's, outnumbered 1vX fights, group fights, ganking, roaming world pvp etc.

We'd love to get some well rendered files uploaded (to http://mega.co.nz/ for example) of a players perspective with no editing done on the video. Just the fight and that's all. This would need to be rendered in at least 720p but preferably 1080p and ideally 60 fps.

The other way to do this is that you guys give me your Skype so I can add you and then you can ping me on Skype when something is going down and I can go there to record it. This is best for planned GvG's.

So if you want your guild featured in videos send us your cool fights :thumbsup: "

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Carol Pizzamom posted:

he should still take some time to eat, shower, go for a walk, pet a dog etc

or get a GF / BF.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

radioactivedan posted:

You all have been amazing and make me smile everyday with your forum posting and in game activities. I feel so bad that Blazing got scammed twice...

Lets get one thing straight. The only one who has gotten scammed here is me... when people give me their mats and Ox and then dont pay me... I have to keep all their stuff as escrow.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Sludge_McBain posted:

And the worst aspect of this is that you can't even use the high end materials that you hold in escrow, so you had to give them to me.

I give them to Goonunism.
All Hail @Eonwe #guildleader.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

Aaaaand now we're getting double teamed on our precious forest. :O

man sandwiched and we are the meat

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Grogsy posted:

Two t5 horses...
Join Goondor and Awfulcitizen today

Goondor Skunk Ops

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCEJQPkAWF4

1. Find a pubbie selling T5 Horses in /global
2. Offer to buy 2 horses for 100K silver if he brings them to you in Sleetisle
3. Accidentally a Gank Squad murders him
4. Tell him it was an accident and if he comes back you will pay him 300K for his trouble
5. Murder him again.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jul 12, 2015

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

Navraz, AwfulCitizen, and I have been calling out this terrible guild we've been dealing with since the beginning of Alpha: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/14603-Paradox-abusing-bugs/?pageNo=1

Enjoy for both excellent entertainment, but also Awful and Nav fighting the good fight.

Just doing God's work.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Green Knight posted:

Why you need multiple accounts my clean friend?

For the same reason Dworf has 6 (or more) active accounts. Which is totally wrong, but since you asked.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/14889-A-warning-about-Paradox-and-Dworf/#post161306

A warning about Paradox and Dworf.

Per our great #guildleader, Eonwe who has declared:

quote:

dont say racist/sexist/homophobic poo poo, because if we take a stance on stuff like that (which we should IMHO its bad stuff), then people can use it against us pretty easy.

All hail his infinite wisdom.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FormerFatty posted:

Learn to harness the power of pubbies instead of scamming them.

First it's not called Scamming... Scamming is prohibited within Albion Goons. It's called Item Repurposing.
Second, I dont do Item Repurposing on 100% of the pubbies. I do more 30% Item Repurposing.
Thirdly, I never tell them to join Something Awful. Instead I tell them to donate :10bux: to our god Lowtax, so they get basked in his light.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

SumYungGui posted:

I still have the paper work for Goon Squad Auxiliarius in my google.drive. One of the few genuinely funny and useful things to come out of Archeage. I was given some title like PR and recruitment manager or something. Pubbies interested in joining were put on 'probationary' status in our alt guild. Points were awarded for things like attendance, donating materials for the castle, recruiting other people to the alt guild (and you got a percentage of all materials gathered by your recruits added to your total).Every two weeks a winner was chosen that was a really cool dude who you would swear was a goon at heart since day one.

Edit: And fishing. Points were awarded for fishing and paying for chum. I suppose in some ways that makes me a terrible person given what happened.

Can you PM me the link for that ?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

FormerFatty posted:

Sure, you got the potential for spies but you have that anyway(to think all goons are loyal is foolish).

Lucky for you, that I distrust every single goon out there. Except a handful that have earned my trust.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

forge posted:

Let me sum up this experience for everyone.

WE HAD A TON OF FUN
FORCED TO FIGHT A 5v5
ENTIRE GUILD QUITS

pretty much sums it up.

Well technically the 3 minute GvG bug made us fight the 5v5 and lost two territories and test is over.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

DirtyTalk posted:

So - idk if anyone has logged in lately, but I did for the first time in a week yesterday and my whole char + bank was cleared out. Not sure if there was some sort of wipe or I got hacked? By who, no idea.

Open a Support Ticket.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Frog 1.0 posted:

I've been reading the Albion online forums for a bit and i'm getting the vibe that people are very afraid of having just one guild dominate the whole map and ruin their gaming experience somehow. From what I understand this game will be one shard only and if let say the game is unsuccessful to the point that you average 10 000 players online at all time it still a hell of alot of people.

This means alot more teritory to conquer than current Alpha which mean a single guild cannot dominate the whole thing. I can see regions being owned by big alliances "a la" Eve but these mega-alliances are more frigile than your regular joe casual gamer guild. The game is very resources hungry. Just the fact that you always have to use the previous tier to get your finish material is just insane at the higher tiers. The end game will be all about resources control and just focusing on that will remove the urge to try and "dominate" everybody.

This is not counting traveling and resources hauling. The ammount of logistics that it took to go through 3-4 zones was not always easy, imagine having to go through 5 to 10 zones.

All this non sense to say that people are freaking out on nothing.

I'm looking forward to the close beta.

I am debating what would be better, either a Gigantic Goon Guild or Several Hundred people Goon Guilds in one massive alliance. We could possibly do the same from one big guild, I just wonder if there is any benefit of running a massive alliance full of gewns.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Brendan Rodgers posted:

You're gonna fit right in friend. I suggest you talk to Tempus Thales aka Awfulcitizen in game, he is our Recruitment Officer, for Crowfall as well.

Wait I got promoted? From Public Relations to Recruitment Officer? Do I get a higher pay too?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

SumYungGui posted:

My ways may seem cruel but I do it for their own good. Lessons learned hard are lessons learned best.

Also, it's funny.

Goon mentality has changed. We need to embrace those who participate of the community... The way I see it is, if they pay their tribute to Lowtax and bend the knee for Eonwe #guildleader as long as they post (intelligent posts) and participate in the community, then I don't mind helping someone who j4g'd. It's the dumbasses that NEVER post or those that want to poo poo higher than a goon's head, that piss me off, those, yeah send those to FYAD, and troll on them all you want.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

life is killing me posted:

Just to chime in, uh, I think Eonwe and Pixelslol were referring to the Debate & Discussion subforum, which is a known cesspool of zealous, extremist fucktards and commie pinko bastards. Never go there

DUDE! you had to piss on everyone cereal...

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales
Space Violence Guild Recruitment Now Open!!

https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/15451-Spice-Violins-Guild-Recruitment-Now-Open/

Application Form: https://www.albiongoons.com/join/

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 22, 2015

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Forgotton posted:

Send a bunch of PM's to our Guild Leader Eonwe and he will get you sorted out.

yeah PM here too... the more annoying you get the more possibilities of getting added before alpha ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Eonwe posted:

dont PM me trying to get in btw

i cant help you get authed because i have no privileges on the site

dude you are so loving humble it humbles me. Course you do... you just wave your thingy and the auth lets you do whatever, at least that is how Bio coded it for you, because #guildleader.

• Locked thread