Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

I had a lot of fun playing a year ago during the summer alpha, but I haven't really played since then. I enjoyed the pvp aspects of killing people who weren't necessarily ready to fight, but I hated how you couldn't 'stick' people and prevent them from running away even if you had multiple guys. Is this still a problem? Or was it never a problem and I'm just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

:yikes:

Did we make him that mad?

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

The moment at which a smaller number of players has an advantage over larger number of players, a game loses it's sandbox status. That's not to say better, smaller groups of people shouldn't be able to win against larger, less organized groups, just that they should always have the innate disadvantage of having fewer guys. With that said, I've always had a hard on for small groups of people winning against larger groups.

I hope people don't accomplish too much in the 24 hour headstart for legendary donors.

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

DirtyTalk posted:

dont play this game unless you have multiple socks to excrete fecal matter into.

or if you have an andriod tablet with over 2MB memory so you can bring it with you to the pooper.

I looked at the google play store and didn't see Albion Online anywhere, is it not available yet?

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

pixaal posted:

App is on their website.

I downloaded it and I can't get it to install.

All I want to do is secretly play albion at work :negative:

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

FormerFatty posted:

Is this true? :( x 1000 if so.

It's hard to get to the best of the best stuff, but if you're content just killing nerds in the economical pvp gear you will find that the grind isn't that bad, it didn't even feel like a grind the first time I went through with it.

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

:shobon:

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

I had a lot of fun last night, but I want to mention a couple of things I found interesting.

There is no silver tax for crafting Tier 2 items in cities.
The closest city to Goontown doesn't have any buildings to craft or refine goods.
The zone Goontown is in and the adjacent ones have very few if any Tier 2 resources.

It might be useful to tell newbies and people just starting out to complete all their Tier 2 stuff (it doesn't take that long anyway) before coming to Goontown, because the resources are much more plentiful in green and yellow areas, and some towns even have a good amount of Tier 2/3 resources on the edges where nobody goes. It's helpful to only have to walk thirty seconds instead of ten minutes between trips, especially if you don't have a horse.

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

FormerFatty posted:

Im going to be trying this game out tonight or tomorrow -- does anyone have like a "first 10 things you need to do after logging in" guide setup so we can get PVP ready as fast as possible?

1) Do the little tutorial thing in the tutorial zone right away, it needs to be done before you can progress and all the resources and buildings required to do it are in very close proximity to each other so it's easiest to do it there.

2) Kill 15 Fame's worth of creatures to get access to T2 pvp gear. Using the T1 Leather Chestpiece and T1 Broadsword you were made to craft during the tutorial, you should have no problem killing foxes as long as you heal up to full using your spell in between battles. Wolves are possible to kill but aren't really worth it because they can kill you and slow down your five-minutes-to-pubbie-slaying plan.

3) Either craft yourself a set of T2 pvp gear or have another goon do it for you and you're ready to hop into the swarm and kill mans.

HENGRY BUNG fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jul 1, 2015

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

Stormgale posted:

What is the envisioned purposes of the towns, why would I want to spend effort crafting there as opposed to just setting it up on my personal island or my guilds territory (considering to get high end crafting I need to range out into territories anyway)?

You can charge a fee of silver for having people use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HENGRY BUNG
Jan 15, 2015

is scamming allowed in this game?

• Locked thread