Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful
I'm looking forward to being dead in pvp area come monday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

pixaal posted:

Can we get tabs for mail?
Like player mail, basic player mail

Auction mail, messages about auction status. This is preferably a stop gap until you make a better UI for auctions such as...

Split into another screen that is just the last 50 buys and sells per market along with a summery of your auction activity the day week month, all by market. You can even make this a success perk! (The market summery, not the messages being moved) Summery could be as simple as you have purchased 318 buy orders in Easterly for 3290 silver and sold 120 auctions for 25670 silver.

I do thousand of auctions transactions a day, I doubt this is great for your game servers that I have this much unread mail.

3rd tab for system messages, the founder mail, any news about an event like the 4th of July, Christmas or whatever else you want to run. Also throw war declarations here instead of a popup message.

I've never understood why game mail systems don't incorporate some of the standard features we've come to expect from normal email clients. This could easily be handled by allowing users to create subfolders/tabs of their own and custom rules (Email From auction house, move to folder Auctions, Email from GuildLeader move to Junk). If this adds too much overhead processing wise then your suggestion of static tabs/folders for certain things that everyone deals with makes sense as well.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

grumplestiltzkin posted:

This question is kind of tongue in cheek, but did the :10bux: for membership get written off as a business expense? Because that'd be loving hilarious. Aside from that I played for a little bit last night and the only two annoying things I noticed were all the founder statues being like right by the entrance to the bridges (making movement a bit annoying) and the unmoveable camera making moving through trees a bit annoying. Given that this is still in alpha, thats pretty good. I look forward to actually PVPing someday:allears:

I get why the camera isn't movable, but they should at least put an orb of visibility around our own characters when roaming through trees and other things that block our vision.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

I've been playing off and on the past week kinda solo. Not sure how much longer the Alpha lasts, is it even worth it to join the guild at this point?

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

I barely play and I can gather enough resources to keep me in T3/T4 gear constantly.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Any of you have thoughts on throwing daggers? Thinking of branching out from my typical bow and axe usage.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

The multiple accounts thing only really makes sense if they are shared among a guild... there's no reason to think you have to focus on crafting with one character and fighting with another because your limited resource is time. If I have 5 hours to play in a day and I split it 2.5 hours to one character (fighting) and 2.5 another (crafting) that's the same as a single character doing 2.5 hours of fighting and 2.5 hours of crafting.

But if you share the crafting account with others you can spend 5 hours fighting and the crafting character becomes a resource dump and is constantly getting used to make stuff.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Rafzakael posted:

As fun as Albion is (and it really is fun) I'm finding it hard to get motivated to do things since all progress is gonna get wiped. I got what testing I wanted to out of this, but still, not sure what else to do

That's been why I've held off over the last several days. My only motivation now is to try different weapons, but even that requires too much crafting/gathering to really keep my interest

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Blazing Zero posted:

im stoked to see what happens myself. im not convinced that they will add varying capture mechanics for territory but a man can dream. i really dislike the idea that only 5 out of 200 people determine the outcome of such important conflicts

It just makes me sad because I'll never be one of those five.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Goon toll roads. Pay the toll or the 50 of us stomp you. At the very least it'd rally others to come stop us and we could have some real battles instead of stupid 5 on 5

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Eonwe posted:

its good, but the game is going to get wiped, and then wiped probably at least two more times before launch

i cant speak for other people, but I had my fun, I learned what I needed to learn, and I don't want to play it hardcore till it comes out mostly

This!

Why would I invest a bunch of time into a character that is going to be gone in a week.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Bluddwolf posted:

In the next alpha, I'm going with a straight Ranger build = Leather chest, hood and feet; Bow; Gathering: Skinning, Lumberjack, Mining, Cotton; Crafting: Leather; Bows; Tools; Accessories (Pack and Cloak).

This is basically the build I did for most of this alpha. Leather chest is great for soloing with the self heal. By the end I was bored and started playing with other weapons.

What's everyone's thoughts on the weapon situation as it stands now?

Of all the ranger weapons, to me, right now, bow was the only one that made sense to use long term... but I didn't get higher than tier 4 so no clue if throwing axes or anything might be better.

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Mantees posted:

I could translate my question in: how playable is PvE in yellow zones in solo?

I did plenty of pve in yellow zones solo, you just have to be a little more aware of your surroundings

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

Do what I said earlier; round up a pack of Goony murderhobos and point the slobbering horde in the general direction of whatever pack of pubbie retards has been the most loud mouthed poo poo heads to get attention on the forums. (Probably whatever deluded fools Dworf can surround himself with) Pop a squat in the zone of idiots dumb enough to put up with the beyond-ridiculous 5v5 bullshit, play loud music outside their window and poo poo on the porch while playing horde of locusts with their resources. Once you've insulted their E-honor they'll come out and helpfully donate their slightly-used gear to us.

This assumes we'll have enough of us to be "locusts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Ruggan posted:

Does anyone else ever think about how Albion Online sounds like "I'll be online"? Food for thought

I am now... thanks a lot rear end in a top hat

• Locked thread