Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jintor
May 19, 2014

between s1 and s2 i moved to a small country town in Japan so I am excited to see which parts of my experience are faithfully replicated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Dan7el posted:

This is the best "show don't tell' anime out there. Not once do they have to explain anything. They simply show it.

I am a bit confused though. Are we in for a whole season of repeating what we saw last time except in a different viewpoint?

I'm going to WWOOF in Japan one day. I am.

what's wwoof.

i don't think this is repeating right? It's probably a gap fill season.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

heck i might go back and rewatch s1

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Namtab posted:

I would prefer if this thread was called 2 non 4 biyori

i can get behind this

so true to my word i started watching s1 again and i forgot how irritating hotarun's crush is

however, the height jokes remain amazing

also crunchy stutters like a... person with a stutter and i don't like it. please stop crunchy. i'm paying you money.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

i was really into the joke that hotaru accidentally out-was-a-grown-up to her without even trying or being aware of it

Jintor
May 19, 2014

nii-san is amazing

Jintor
May 19, 2014

oh

the other day just before term ended I played eraser table fighting with some kinds in art club

the anime is coming truuuuuueeeeeeeee

Jintor
May 19, 2014

goddamnit i'm getting slightly emotional over a fictional child caring about fictional taphole shrimp

drat you anime

Jintor
May 19, 2014

amazingly the video is blocked in japan

/edit the facial reactions at the end of the baby renge saga were pretty amazing

Jintor
May 19, 2014

nii-san is the best

doesn't he have anime figures

yo is he like the only guy his age around?!?! good thing he's got that computer i guess

Jintor
May 19, 2014

i'm sure he'll move to the big city and get a spin off manga about him silently going through life without speaking through a hilarious series of contrivances

Jintor
May 19, 2014

kid nacchan and kocchan have permanently taken the end credits intro

how loving adorable was nacchan. i thought that stupid cliche 'she was pretty all along' joke wouldn't work on me. NOPE. TOO ADORABLE.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

She's pretty funny especially once she gets off her 'lol im a big city kid' horse

Still. Nobody can out-Renge Renge.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Parallax posted:

the shot when Renge is riding away out of frame and Candy Store is just watching her is so great. show really knows how long to let things play out

yeah the... i guess it's still cinematography, right...? The way the camera just lets things say things without having to necessarily use words is really amazing

if you're talking about the shot in the sun as it goes down and it's just silhouettes, that is some loving masterful work.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

was not prepared for how god drat amazing the renge skit was. the hotaru skit was pretty great too.

wasn't super into the komari skit but it was okay. My inaka isn't so goddamn inaka you can't get signal... actually, there's only one place around I know for a fact you can't get signal around here, a mountain pass I go through on the way to the school I have that is by a river in the middle of some rice paddies.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

the bit about maccas breakfast was pretty funny i admit

oh the third thing i thought was hilarious was hotarun's nyan-komari stuffed toy. Just like. That she made it.

amazing

Jintor
May 19, 2014

teared up at the extended ED. holy poo poo

both seasons going on my GOAT list probably slightly under planetes. what an amazing show

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Renge is powerful. Hotaru is great. Komaru is?

Adult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jintor
May 19, 2014

The Devil Tesla posted:

Now that we know that she's secretly spoiled her whole persona clicks together.

yeah it makes it seem a lot less creepy and more childish instead

childish with unlimited funds to buy sewing gear

• Locked thread