Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
All I really recall from the first season is Renge and beautiful countryside. I am so ready for the second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

dotJPG posted:

The video in the op is wrong, please change it to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGd-GkkQQwU

Yes.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
So boring. So good. I feel the tension draining out of my body when I watch this show.

I hope the brother at least has a halfway internet connection, the poor bastard.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love the long scenes of folks walking in the countryside with nothing much happening. This show is so loving boring.

Did we not see the beginnings of Hotaru's crush in the first season?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

unpronounceable posted:

Chiaki is a better teru teru bozu.

I don't know who this is.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I also like Hikage, it's a shame she doesn't appear so often.

I don't know who this is.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This was a good episode, as always. The frog song was the best, but the terrifying monster was also very good, and Renge drawing of herself feeling things made me want to draw how that made me feel.

So I did.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Chiaki is from Minami-ke. Also has a triangle-shaped mouth.

Hikage is the second sister in the Miyauchi family. The one who goes to high school in Tokyo.

Ah yes, OK. I do know who these friends are. I agree with your sentiment, but disagree with unpronounceable's.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I loved seeing all the water mishaps brewing in the background.

nielsm posted:

NNB has been great at phoning in the punch line from the start and still make it work. Right from the "this is the countryside??!" of first episode.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
gently caress I love this show.

Sakurazuka posted:

Holy poo poo that 'firework'.

It was great. I mostly just smile constantly and maybe giggle a bit while watching NNB, but that made me laugh uproariously.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
NNB always makes me want to go camping.

Unfortunately it's summer and I'm in Texas and no way.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I settle for day hikes along the greenbelt.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
As long as it was Heartcatch, that's OK.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

.jpg posted:

I have two Non Non Biyori questions:

1. how does this series relate to the first one & should I watch it

2. does the band that does the OP do other good stuff, because I like the singers voice

Those are the Non Non Biyori questions.

1. As has been said, it's more of the same, and good, and yes you should.

2. Nano Ripe apparently did the ED for the notoriously boring (in the bad way) Glass Lip and other things, and yes, she does have a good voice.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

My ocd is flipping out at the thought of watching the second season first.

Everything's so self-contained that it'd probably work out just fine. I mean, it's still very, very wrong, but I don't think there's much beyond a character introduction or two that one would miss, and that sorts itself out pretty quickly in this sort of show.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm suddenly not sure I've seen the OVA.

Me neither, but I'm going to find out tonight.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I'll do you the favor of not quoting your actual text so that you can fix this atrocity.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

Yeah, the nano ripe singer has a certain rawness and intensity and authenticity that appeals to me. No overproduction, just guitars and drums and a singer belting out a song.

Also they were one of the best parts of Sankarea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h2UIeHrLPI

I can't imagine that there are other good parts.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Renge was in top form this episode. Hikage didn't stand a chance. I didn't care for Crunchyroll's translation of "nyanpasu," though. Have they always done that?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
No, no, I don't like this. It's nyanpass.com, not meowning.com.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It's a nonsense word. I don't think it needs a translation.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
There has been about one にゃんぱすー click per person in the United States.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It occurred to me that sometimes one is out and about and has little or unreliable internet service, and nyanpass.com is unavailable. For android users, I have addressed this problem.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I didn't care for the baby bit so much, but everything else was fantastic. I now really want a Renge plushie.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

It was boring, then it was magical, then you were a monster, then it was magical again.

A++, 5/5, ★★★★, would watch again.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The ghost Hotaru at the end slays me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

CuLT posted:

every loving episode sure tugged the heartstrings.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I have finally watched this episode. It might be my favorite. Candy Store + Renge is the cutest, sweetest, most heartwarming thing.

I wish I had a new episode of this to watch every night before bed.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

snivell posted:

Jesus this season is boring so far.

:yeah:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Terrifying.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
If I hadn't watched it, I could have eternally lived in a world were I still had Non Non Biyori to watch. I've been so shortsighted. :negative:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Stumbling Block posted:

Well, it's gone now for some reason.

Yes, I don't know what I'm doing, so when I attempted to update it, I did something wrong and got the app suspended. I've yet to address this issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
:dance::dance::dance:

• Locked thread