Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
The "coordinating their social life" is lame but understandable. What I don't understand is when people like my little brother (little meaning late 20s) and his girlfriend sit in the same drat literal room, completely silent, yet post to each other on facebook so their friends can see them posting to each other whilte occasionally giggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Do you people not have cell phones???

Oh what so I'm literally gonna picture text everyone I know what food I'm eating or a funny cat video am I, no loving way just facey b that poo poo and everyone gets the pleasure all at once.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
~2007

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I think u must be mentally challenge if u cannot understand why Facebook is super convenient and fun to use for people with friends or several groups of firends, maybe u need to get a life or not be a huge idiot who is shamefully stupid??

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i just keep mine up so my friends don't try and tell me about their bands in person

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
SA is definitely "my facebook" and that fact alone makes me really relate to fb users. (I can't do both regularly, it's too much)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I.N.R.I posted:

Did all of your facebook friends wonder where you went?

no they have my phone number op

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
have facebook, use it all the time.

note however: not very popular, still very goony

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
recently i unfriended my aunt because she was pissing me off by saying stupid poo poo on my "quit smoking x days" posts

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I got rid of the app because it was getting bad in terms such as bullshit notifications like birthdays and somebody else liking some dumb bullshit. I check the website but only quickly so people don't think I'll be there to chat.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
in 2008 i finally broke down and registered an account, a few weeks later my work decided that "we need to be on facebook" and they asked each of us to friend the company account. I told them I didn't have an account and deleted it

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
i use twitter

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I just block dumb political poo poo and it's pretty good once you do that. Grandma is a sweet old lady again.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Stoic Commie posted:

i use twitter

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Stoic Commie posted:

i use twitter

naturally, and i don't dig around in the gutter for tasty leaf matter any more, I just dive straight into the sewere with an open mouth

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Hammerite posted:

naturally, and i don't dig around in the gutter for tasty leaf matter any more, I just dive straight into the sewere with an open mouth

what does this mean

HCFJ
Nov 30, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.
I have a lot of friends who are hobos or weird off-the-gridders and oddly enough they use facebook as their primary mode of communication/organization. You'd figure they'd be afraid of the NSA but they've accepted it like everyone else.

Flo Cytometer
Apr 20, 2015

by Ralp
Not soon enough.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Like 30 or so? I dunno, I'll accept any friend request but I try to keep it to people I actually know.

I find Facebook still pretty decent for knowing things like when a local band is going to play or if some social event is coming up. I'd rather check there than every bands website individually or poo poo like that.

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp
FCUUUUK :D

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp
OKCUPID>>>>>>>> Failbook

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it's not deleted but I refuse to use the app, gently caress that noise

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
what the gently caress is wrong with people that the thought of a bare five minutes off a facebook is unendurable

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I get that facebook is whatever but it is kind of annoying when people arent on there at all like what do you think youre better than everyone cause youre not

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
I keep facebook just so I can keep poking a friend that pokes me, and maybe message a few people. Pretty much no interest in the feed at all.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i honestly can't spare a thought for people i don't already see on a regular basis, and i cant be bothered to pretend i care, so facebook is useless to me

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8rcp32eHrQ

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I didn't but my friend count is none of your business.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Deee-leted since I got doxxed in fyad and my wall got plastered with manga.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
If you've had it for any length of time you should most definitely go through and prune the more colorful posts of your youth. Even if you think you're pretty much the same person you were in 2011, scroll through your entire timeline and whooa delete delete delete

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

thathonkey posted:

I get that facebook is whatever but it is kind of annoying when people arent on there at all like what do you think youre better than everyone cause youre not

some people just dont want their real life and the internet to mix, i dont know why people take it so offensive.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

deleted my account january last year, had as many as 150 friends but whittled it down over 90% because it turned out i actually loathed the vast majority of my friends

people are actually more tolerable irl because on facebook they seem to ignore personal filters so they say whatever the hell stupid poo poo they want regardless how idiotic it makes them sound, while during personal face to face contact they have a little thing called decorum and common sense

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Titus Sardonicus posted:

deleted my account january last year, had as many as 150 friends but whittled it down over 90% because it turned out i actually loathed the vast majority of my friends

people are actually more tolerable irl because on facebook they seem to ignore personal filters so they say whatever the hell stupid poo poo they want regardless how idiotic it makes them sound, while during personal face to face contact they have a little thing called decorum and common sense

you should have told them their postings are very triggering to u and could you please refrain :)

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

JakeP posted:

no they have my phone number op

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

BeefThief posted:

i honestly can't spare a thought for people i don't already see on a regular basis, and i cant be bothered to pretend i care, so facebook is useless to me

this but unironically. if i haven't seen you in a decade i really couldn't care less what yr doing w yr pathetic life

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm an antisocial jerkoff pc gamer that never left his home town, so why would I need a Facebook account?

:smug:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i got one in i think 2005? when you had to have a .edu email to join. i've never used it. i also have a wow collector's edition that i got on release day./

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

opus111 posted:

some people just dont want their real life and the internet to mix, i dont know why people take it so offensive.

i have news for people that are alive in the year 2015: your real life and internet is almost certainly mixed whether you use facebook or not.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Tyson Tomko posted:

The "coordinating their social life" is lame but understandable. What I don't understand is when people like my little brother (little meaning late 20s) and his girlfriend sit in the same drat literal room, completely silent, yet post to each other on facebook so their friends can see them posting to each other whilte occasionally giggling.

relax grandpa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

david... posted:

relax grandpa

why I outtaaaaaa

I'm all over snapchat so yeah it's pretty wild

• Locked thread