Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.
I shutdown my account 5 years ago because I realized my insatiable need to argue with dumb people was counter productive to the amount of time I had to spend on other hobbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Never had one and my social life hasn't suffered because of it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

c0ldfuse posted:

I shutdown my account 5 years ago because I realized my insatiable need to argue with dumb people was counter productive to the amount of time I had to spend on other hobbies.

what are your hobbies? :-)

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

facebook is mostly used for uninformed arguments about Obama, people posting pictures of their faces and their bastard children, and people having public meltdowns when they get divorced

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
facebook makes me feel isolated from people, so i dont use it

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

People become addicted to likes and only post Disney approved status updates

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Deleted as soon as the .edu email address restriction was lifted, so like 2006 or 2007? I used it because from 2003 until they opened it to everyone, it was the secret, college-kids-only club where we could post about how much dick our prof probably gobbled on the weekend, and how great those mushrooms were the other day. All of the sudden you're getting friend requests from grandma and potential employers are combing through every pic that some idiot with default privacy settings has tagged you in even though they only met you once and you're in the background, but you have a 24" bong up to your face and you're wearing the goriest Cannibal Corpse shirt you own and just gently caress, no, deleted.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I have this one dude on my friend list who posts several pictures of his baby every single day

The baby has more pictures than everyone I know

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
Baby pic folk, quiz takers, lunch update people etc... you just either unfriend them or hide their asses.

Then you have a pefectly ok social media platform to interact socially on.

What ungodly kinds of people do you socialize with, if you really need to exit facebook? I've got about 500 friends. Approx 300 of those are IRL friends and acquaintances of various degrees and the rest are just some random ppl I've added for some games, about 90% of them hidden from my newsfeed (I kept a couple who did cool poo poo and I had stuff in common with). I dunno, just about everyone I know has got Facebook. It's a convenient way to post poo poo and know what's happened and what's happening. I'm 40 and European.

Fried Watermelon posted:

I have this one dude on my friend list who posts several pictures of his baby every single day

The baby has more pictures than everyone I know

Yup, I'm not bloody interested in your sprog, aight? She's adorable, I get it. Now ixney on the babay! *hand hovers over the 'hide' icon* :tipshat:

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Like 30 or so? I dunno, I'll accept any friend request but I try to keep it to people I actually know.

I find Facebook still pretty decent for knowing things like when a local band is going to play or if some social event is coming up. I'd rather check there than every bands website individually or poo poo like that.

Nevermind, facebook deleted me. I signed up under the nickname everyone knows me as and after 7 years of use they decided I was a fake person and deleted me. My biggest suggestion is dont "use facebook to log in" to loving anything cause if facebook makes you an unperson it gets hard to get those other accounts back.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Facebook's true use is as a retard safari, don't use your real name like an idiot and touch the poop erry day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
IT IS THE END OF THE HUMAN RACE

• Locked thread