Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:
Racism sucks can we stop being racist please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Charming Goat
Sep 5, 2012

Being called a racist is worse than being a racist in 2015

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
you know this would be alot easier if we just killed all the white people hth

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

Racism sucks can we stop being racist please

they just ended racism in alabama

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Six Flags gonna be Five Flags and a Pole

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

ahahaha

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

What it boils down to is the Confederacy should be villified in history and not some mythical group of idealists that did the right thing against a tyrannical US government. They wanted to own slaves, they wanted to spread slavery to the western states and weren't allowed to so they rebelled, that's it, end of story. They weren't in the right no matter how much revisionism is attempted. They shouldn't be heroes and idols they were on the wrong side of history, the states opposing integration were on the wrong side of history, and those opposing the removal of memorials for both of these events will be on the wrong side of history.

hahahaha to the West? You're thinking way too small

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_of_the_Golden_Circle

hell yeah proto-nazi slave empire

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

In addition to this former Senator and potential 2016 POTUS Candidate Deomcrat Jim Webb came out today urging caution in attacking the Democrats' beloved flag.

Sorry Jim, the long, drawn-out war is finally over. Across the South, the GOP has eviscerated your trash party and now we're gonna trash your rebel flag too.

Lincoln won the first battle for the GOP against the Democratic Party, now 150 years later we're carrying on and cleaning up what's left of the America-hating, slavery-loving, treasonous, racist, Democratic Party. The south is rising again, to a better tomorrow, free from the stain of Democrats.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Prorat posted:

Does that pic make Clinton and Gore white supremacists or people that used white supremacist propaganda to get elected?

Yes, it does

May the Clinton empire crumble into the sea as well

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Or it's both. HTH.

Maybe burning a flag can be burning a symbol, which includes invoking your right to do so, as a thought experiment.

IDK, maybe if you thought about your dumb statement for 2 seconds you wouldn't be so dumb online.

And yes you can pick and choose flags. Flying the nazi flag over the White House means something different from flying the US flag. poo poo's chosen as gently caress, idiot moron.

Love that Mitt Romney and the unelectable republican candidates threw themselves under the bus by saying the confederate flag should be taken down.

Now the base is fired up as hell.

10/10, excellent political maneuvering from the GOP.

Upside: they drove demand through the roof and now ammo "shortages" has driven the price of ammo up 200 - 300% depending on caliber/manufacturer. And gun prices are up on average 20%. They're pricing themselves out of their own "hobby".

Downside: sane people like me can't play with guns at the range because gently caress $25 a 50 box for .45s.

Bonus: idiots will think the confederate flag is being outlawed entirely and will pay $100 for a Big Dogs t-shirt with that flag on it, when really it's just the state house flag maybe coming down.

LOL at republican rednecks forever.

We should help people and feed them and provide shelter etc. to help them live.

We shouldn't do the opposite and kill them.

Dumbass liberal logic. Always drawing different conclusions for different things with consideration for context. What a bunch of idiots.

It's because they're racists. HTH.

seriously brah are you just a bot that harvests DnD keywords and outputs them in select threads.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
The other day when a news story came on about the debate over taking the Confederate flag down my dad starts going, 'what do the blacks WANT???? what's their endgame?' and my mother answered, 'enslaved white people?' in all seriousness and I kind of wanted to murder them both.

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

Born, raised and lived my entire life in Alabama. I think the Confederate flag is an attractive design. That said, any person I've ever encountered who actually flies that flag is an ignorant, racist fuckhole.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Astrofig posted:

The other day when a news story came on about the debate over taking the Confederate flag down my dad starts going, 'what do the blacks WANT???? what's their endgame?' and my mother answered, 'enslaved white people?' in all seriousness and I kind of wanted to murder them both.

lol your parents are racist and ignorant

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Astrofig posted:

did you yell "NO DAD YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP"

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gaunab posted:

lol your parents are racist and ignorant

I wanna hear what he said while sitting in the back seat.

e: ^ gently caress

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

fun fact: states rights wrt the Civil War is bullshit either way, because Southern states were more than happy to wield the power of the Federal government re: the Fugitive Slave Act to violate the sovereignty of Northern states in their hunts for escapees

hypocritical shitheads since 1850

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chris Christie posted:

In addition to this former Senator and potential 2016 POTUS Candidate Deomcrat Jim Webb came out today urging caution in attacking the Democrats' beloved flag.

Sorry Jim, the long, drawn-out war is finally over. Across the South, the GOP has eviscerated your trash party and now we're gonna trash your rebel flag too.

Lincoln won the first battle for the GOP against the Democratic Party, now 150 years later we're carrying on and cleaning up what's left of the America-hating, slavery-loving, treasonous, racist, Democratic Party. The south is rising again, to a better tomorrow, free from the stain of Democrats.

You sound just like him!

E yor username

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe

Astrofig posted:

Instead of murder you should just steal any siblings you have and raise them with non-idiot beliefs, to spare them a fate worse than death: being pants-on-head retarded and wrong about anything important.

Although for real, in a country that is repeatedly criticized for the close relationships between media, big business and government, why does anyone think this is anything other than a distraction? America has had repeated high-profile cases of racially-motivated murder that seems to support the views of a great many white elites, especially in the south, and more people are drawing connections between the whole thing.

"A black kid has drugs and he gets shot, a white kid shoots up a church and they take the fucker to Burger King?? It's like the state government and police forces are tacitly endorsing white supremacy! Better vote those fuckers out or do something about it."

I mean it's starting to get embarrassing how obvious the bias is, so instead these groups do what they've always done when trying to prevent a domestic change: make all the poor people loving hate each other.

"They're taking away our symbol of identity!" "Your symbol is inherently racist and must be banned!" "But I don't use it in a racial way why" blah blah blah, but at neither point do these talking points lead to some kind of synthesis, i.e. "Well the history of this symbol is clearly racist and shouldn't be used on government buildings, but people should have the right to express themselves so long as we are taking real action against racism in this country/state." It's just dick waving over something that is deliberately chosen based on its subjectivity, so that the arguments can be loud and no one can show up with conclusive evidence saying "this flag is racist/not-racist because of X"

So if you're powerful and you don't want people talking about changing the status quo you throw them controversial, immediately pointless identity wars like this, because if you're rich or powerful enough to influence society then your identity is loving solid, you have no investment in these issues, but all the lower and middle class people who think it's important will go out of their way to show how right they are.

This thread is an excellent example of that. The opposing viewpoints are not mutually exclusive, they're contradictory interpretations that are both legitimate. This was the symbol of a break-away state founded on the principles of white supremacy and land-based wealth made possible through chattel slavery. In modern times people can use it without appreciating it's symbolic importance to others, in the same way that very few French people are decrying their flag as the engine for the Great Terror or the Napoleonic Wars. Both can exist without banning anything, but it would require investments in public services and a change in the popular discussion about race, which is not a popular sentiment among those who benefit from things as they are.

I am sorry for caring about this, gently caress

Eumenides fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 25, 2015

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Eumenides posted:

Instead of murder you should just steal any siblings you have and raise them with non-idiot beliefs, to spare them a fate worse than death: being pants-on-head retarded and wrong about anything important.

Although for real, in a country that is repeatedly criticized for the close relationships between media, big business and government, why does anyone think this is anything other than a distraction? America has had repeated high-profile cases of racially-motivated murder that seems to support the views of a great many white elites, especially in the south, and more people are drawing connections between the whole thing.

"A black kid has drugs and he gets shot, a white kid shoots up a church and they take the fucker to Burger King?? It's like the state government and police forces are tacitly endorsing white supremacy! Better vote those fuckers out or do something about it."

I mean it's starting to get embarrassing how obvious the bias is, so instead these groups do what they've always done when trying to prevent a domestic change: make all the poor people loving hate each other.

"They're taking away our symbol of identity!" "Your symbol is inherently racist and must be banned!" "But I don't use it in a racial way why" blah blah blah, but at neither point do these talking points lead to some kind of synthesis, i.e. "Well the history of this symbol is clearly racist and shouldn't be used on government buildings, but people should have the right to express themselves so long as we are taking real action against racism in this country/state." It's just dick waving over something that is deliberately chosen based on its subjectivity, so that the arguments can be loud and no one can show up with conclusive evidence saying "this flag is racist/not-racist because of X"

So if you're powerful and you don't want people talking about changing the status quo you throw them controversial, immediately pointless identity wars like this, because if you're rich or powerful enough to influence society then your identity is loving solid, you have no investment in these issues, but all the lower and middle class people who think it's important will go out of their way to show how right they are.

This thread is an excellent example of that. The opposing viewpoints are not mutually exclusive, they're contradictory interpretations that are both legitimate. This was the symbol of a break-away state founded on the principles of white supremacy and land-based wealth made possible through chattle slavery. In modern times people can use it without appreciating it's symbolic importance to others, in the same way that very few French people are decrying their flag as the engine for the Great Terror or the Napoleonic Wars. Both can exist without banning anything, but it would require investments in public services and a change in the popular discussion about race, which is not a popular sentiment among those who benefit from things as they are.

fag

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Entropic posted:

cowardice of the first water

Did this line have something to do with that Kevin Kostner movie which was just like Mad Max but in an ocean instead of a desert?

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
Sorry that last post was really rude from me. I'm just really angry and lash out constantly

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
" Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

So yeah you can have slaves if they are convicted of a crime. Surprised no one has done this...

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
People_Who_Trot_Out_FREE_SPEECH_Never_Understand_What_It_Means.jpg

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Prorat posted:

" Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

So yeah you can have slaves if they are convicted of a crime. Surprised no one has done this...

It's part of why withered old white people love Joe Arpaio

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Prorat posted:

Let me tell you about the North American and Eurasian black markets and the wonders of human trafficking.

also Qatar

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lord Binky posted:

Sorry that last post was really rude from me. I'm just really angry and lash out constantly

It's okay to be a rudeboi

Cowardice of the First Water is the name of my antifascist prog rock band

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
All that the flag bannings will do is embolden the people who were against it.

Southern Rock embraced the Confederate Navy Jack because it was a symbol that was against the ruling authority. It's not going to go away because it's out of sight and out of mind.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

lol at everyone who thinks the south lost the civil war

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

Fun Shoe

People_Who_Trot_Out_FREE_SPEECH_Never_Understand_What_It_Means.jpg

Obviously gays are gross so hwy would we want to see their butt flag God, they didn't even try killing people to solve their problrms

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Im getting radicalized by internet sites where people write bad things about the Black people.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Also what about the Jolly Roger?

Skull and bones meant rape, slavery, and death, triple loving header right here. Privateers/Pirates would do all three to people and they would profit form it.

They also told the crown to gently caress off regularly.

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

Fun Shoe
I dunno what world you're in but we murder the poo poo out of pirates, but they don't use the flag so it's okay.

Racists can use a racist flag for real and thus they must burn

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
if that flag wanted to be flown it shouldnt have shot those people in that church

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Eumenides posted:

I dunno what world you're in but we murder the poo poo out of pirates, but they don't use the flag so it's okay.

Racists can use a racist flag for real and thus they must burn

Pirates actually kill and rape each other far more than other people nowadays. But a few hundred years ago things were different, before global warming caused the massive decrease in piracy.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Daedra posted:

if that flag wanted to be flown it shouldnt have shot those people in that church

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Daedra posted:

If you want to reclaim your flag and the words white power you're going to have to change a lot of people's minds. It might be easier just to let go of the tainted symbols for the greater good.

This Charming Goat
Sep 5, 2012

Eumenides posted:

This thread is an excellent example of that. The opposing viewpoints are not mutually exclusive, they're contradictory interpretations that are both legitimate. This was the symbol of a break-away state founded on the principles of white supremacy and land-based wealth made possible through chattel slavery. In modern times people can use it without appreciating it's symbolic importance to others, in the same way that very few French people are decrying their flag as the engine for the Great Terror or the Napoleonic Wars. Both can exist without banning anything, but it would require investments in public services and a change in the popular discussion about race, which is not a popular sentiment among those who benefit from things as they are.

Is anyone surprised that it took a mass killing of black people in a church for 'not' racists to admit things are kind of hosed up? The right wing press couldn't call the victims 'ghetto', 'thugs', 'aggressive' or 'threatening', there were no PhotoBooth pictures of the victims smoking weed or wearing 'hip hop clothing', none had criminal records, all were the type of fine, upstanding black citizens America claims to love because they are 'the good ones'. One woman lived through the civil rights act. One was a senator ffs. Then the war on religion motive didn't stick because Bowlcut was by all accounts a good Christian boy and he's still alive to tell all and sundry why he actually murdered them and hasn't wavered from his story. They were already on 'it was like, sad, or whatever but we should just let it go now' mode before this.

The flag thing WAS literally a distraction and a quick and easy one compared to police reform so cops don't barrel roll onto suburban streets and kneel on 100lb 15 year olds' spines (she should have just done what the cop said!) or gun control (psst white people in poor rural states shoot each other too) but I appreciate they are making that gesture for every black person who has felt their stomach plummet when some fat guy in wraparound sunglasses comes waddling down the street in his 3XL t-shirt with the loving thing strained and distorted over his gunt. Its a gesture to a community that has been repeatedly been shown for the past two years that black lives don't matter, that if you're black civilians and police officers alike can shoot you in the street, get off and return to a sweet crowdfunded payoff for your heroism. Its MUCH better than nothing.

Astrofig posted:

There is no 'war on whites'. Your parents would probably balk at the idea that they are racist but they literally subscribe to the same ideology that led Dylann Roof to murder nine people hth.

You should tell them you read Al Sharpton said white slavery is actually what all black people want. It is revenge for wage disparity and the return of actual lynching. They might put it on Facebook.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Blue Raider posted:

idk why people think the secession was treason. anything not specifically forbidden in the constitution is seen as legal on that scale even if it is socially verboten. the secession was a lot of things but it wasnt an act of treason. thats not even what treason means
the confederate states were never a sovereign nation, just a bunch of pissed of racist dipshits who couldn't eat a poo poo taco when it was their turn, waged war on their countrymen for the awful cause of slavery, then lost because they were pussies

this is the official policy of the Union, every foreign state, and the undeniable stone-carved annals of history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cubone posted:

the confederate states were never a sovereign nation, just a bunch of pissed of racist dipshits who couldn't eat a poo poo taco when it was their turn, waged war on their countrymen for the awful cause of slavery, then lost because they were pussies

this is the official policy of the Union, every foreign state, and the undeniable stone-carved annals of history

and 200 years later the Democrats haven't changed.a bit. They just moved up north.

• Locked thread