Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Retail Slave posted:

Doesn't every season look like that, though?

It's because this season is making a point of having twists every week. It's disappointing coming off of BBCAN3 which was ruined by twists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

So Jace and Austin are getting the Bill & Ted music cue.
For some dumb reason it makes me laugh.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Robnoxious posted:

So Jace and Austin are getting the Bill & Ted music cue.
For some dumb reason it makes me laugh.

Yeah it got me too.

Also, I was only half paying attention, who were the two other people picked for the Fast Forward? I didn't care enough to rewind it, since I mostly just read the feed thread anyway.

Steve is going to be a goddamned cringe fest, isn't he? Now we will know if the editors are truly sadistic or not. Of course, the internet can always just make its own Steve Cringe supercut from feed footage even if the editors decide to show mercy.

Also, given that we got a TAR twist, I am fully expecting a Survivor BB Takeover that involves a hidden immunity idol.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Every single season has at least 6 players who at some point say something along the lines of "I just want to prove to the houseguests that I'm a competitor, and I'm here to play".

I have never understood that mindset...

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's one of the Big Brother cliches. Along with "blood on my hands", etc

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Bucswabe posted:

Every single season has at least 6 players who at some point say something along the lines of "I just want to prove to the houseguests that I'm a competitor, and I'm here to play".

I have never understood that mindset...

Well, some people respect competitors, and to win the game you have to be able to list moves you've made and comps you've won. Talking about how much of a competitor you are the first week or two of gameplay is pretty dumb, though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, its the balance of proving yourself as an asset to alliances and a player worthy of winning vs making yourself too big a target. Some people just go too hard, too fast. Some people will over game, some will compete too hard.

ToastyPotato posted:

Also, given that we got a TAR twist, I am fully expecting a Survivor BB Takeover that involves a hidden immunity idol.
I'm pulling for Survivor Week, Price is Right Week, Thursday Night Football Week, Bold and Beautiful Week, Under The Dome Week, CSI Week, and Big Bang Theory Week.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, its the balance of proving yourself as an asset to alliances and a player worthy of winning vs making yourself too big a target. Some people just go too hard, too fast. Some people will over game, some will compete too hard.

I'm pulling for Survivor Week, Price is Right Week, Thursday Night Football Week, Bold and Beautiful Week, Under The Dome Week, CSI Week, and Big Bang Theory Week.
When does Colbert's Late Night start? I could see that happening and it's almost a lock James Corden will get a takeover. He needs as much help as he can get with Dave off the air and his lead in being reruns of CSI.

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
Personally I can't wait for CBS Sunday Morning with Charles Osgood week.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

STAC Goat posted:

Let's Make a Deal week could own.

Or CBS Evening News, Big Brother edition.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 30, 2015

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ToastyPotato posted:

Yeah it got me too.

Also, I was only half paying attention, who were the two other people picked for the Fast Forward? I didn't care enough to rewind it, since I mostly just read the feed thread anyway.

Austin (wrestler) and I Dunno Some Chick.

I'm surprised by how much I don't hate the cast yet. It's nice not to have any ridiculous alpha males like Devin from last year, so the self-involved idiots are on more or less equal ground and the game might be decent, if the twists don't ruin it completely.

Speaking of twists, there are now SIX people with full immunity for the rest of the week. That's insane.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

7. You forgot the HOH.

It was Austin and Liz. She's the blonde one.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

With so many people being put on the block, and so many people immune, it seems as if the first week has been designed to get the houseguests to start "playing the game" sooner. Everyone knows "you have to lay low for the first few weeks", but that's boring TV. So perhaps production are trying to force everyone to start playing harder sooner.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

I hope that involves a comp where the HGs have to put together a dissected cow puzzle.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Whoops

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 30, 2015

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wrong thread.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Had Deadpool update the thread title to make this more clearly for episode discussion. Thanks Deadpool!

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Day's DRs are amazing.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Day is crazy. Wtf.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Mahoning posted:

Day is crazy. Wtf.

Audrey's not exactly stable.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

Audrey's not exactly stable.

I agree. Audrey is worse, but Day totally created a fight out of nowhere and then lied for no reason to make herself look more like a victim.

I certainly don't understand why they were sketched out that Day went into that room, but Day blew it way out of proportion.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is John loving deaf? Jesus Christ

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is John loving deaf? Jesus Christ

They all yell in the diary room. Jackie does too. But he does talk really weird too.

It's odd because in the house (on the feeds) he doesn't talk much at all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A common theory is that John is aping Dan Gheesling. So lay low, stay out of drama and game, be well liked and funny, and SCREAM IN THE DIARY ROOM!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

John is my least favorite because he yells and he is just eerie.

Jeff and Clay really suck at "damage control." Clay especially.

Audrey sucks at alliances.

No one is a racist yet, though, so that's nice.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

blue squares posted:

After last year, this should be the tag line. "Tune in tomorrow at 9, 8 central. No one is racist yet. "

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Steve making the classic mistake of the superfan, letting everyone know you're a crazy superfan. He's already been told he "gives off an Ian vibe", and yet he responds in 0.5 seconds that no, the longest word ever spelled in BB is "understanding" by Brendan. Someone demonstrating that level of knowledge of BB should set off alarm bells. That he also slaughtered everyone in the veto competition may come back to haunt him.

Also, Audrey playing waaaay too hard too fast. Waking everyone up at 5am? Hahaha.

Day is way too emotional to play the kind of strategic game she wants to play. She created that situation herself and made herself look bad. Clay's "damage control" was laughably bad though, he went in there with a way intense demeanour that made it clear he was looking for a fight.

Jace is gone for sure though, regardless of his chance of beasting through challenges he's just way too annoying to live with for any extended period of time.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Steve should be fine for awhile. I agree with your point but there are so many other bigger targets now that Steve should stay off of most people's radars.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

blue squares posted:

Well, there's only like 2 non white people in the house, maybe 3.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'll be so glad when someone OTHER than loving James is the HOH

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I really hope this proposed alliance fails, because while watching Derrick steamroll the entire house was fun, his game was the only interesting thing to watch after Zach and Donny left.

However, the way yesterday's episode was edited, it doesn't appear like it will.

Also, yes, John sounds exactly like Bobcat Goldthwait. Well, his stand-up voice.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its the terrible thing about BotB. It encourages a massive house alliance and discourages anyone going against it for any reason because they'll just get steamrolled. Even if someone on the outs wins HOH they can just lose it in BotB and then its back to the usually scheduled program.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

STAC Goat posted:

Its the terrible thing about BotB. It encourages a massive house alliance and discourages anyone going against it for any reason because they'll just get steamrolled. Even if someone on the outs wins HOH they can just lose it in BotB and then its back to the usually scheduled program.

BotB is the worst, but it seems like it's probably just part of the show now. :[ Julie called it a fan favorite, but I don't buy that at all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm holding out hope that the BB Takeover gets rid of it tonight. I'm fine with it in like Week 1 because it really lights a fire under the game by forcing people to align quick and start gaming right out the gate. But then it does the exact opposite and stagnates the game by killing the entire thing that separates BB from Survivor - the ability for the minority to upset the majority with a couple of key moves.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
First eviction tonight, Jackie VS Jace.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Previously on Big Brother....

I think I saw Frankie in the front row so the night is off to a terrible start.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

loving Frankie in the front row. Goddammit.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Audrey is the worst player haha

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This edit makes Jaces plots almost seem coherent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hey guys, I think Steve knows.

• Locked thread