Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

SweetJahasus posted:

Soooo what're the odds that Audrey picks up that 7th call, courtesy of Grodner? I feel like the deal is pretty sealed.

What I'm curious about is why Jace had such a lovely exit interview. Are they all afraid to say bad things about Audrey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'd say that's 80% just who Jace is, and 20% being sensitive to how his beef with Audrey might have been portrayed.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I haven't read or seen anything from the feeds, so I am not sure of the answer. My assumption is that Jace's blow-up at Audrey happened shortly after he was nominated, but once he figured out he cooled down and realized he was going home, he understood that it's just a game and all that. However, it still didn't stop him from getting in a few shots at the 8-person alliance working against him.

I like that it was too non-"alliance" players who won the HOH, just because it will stop a team from steamrolling through until only they are left. Although, I think for that strategy to work, it would need someone like Derrick to continue steering the ship. Judging by the first five episodes, there is no Derrick in this group.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't want to say too much because I don't want to ruin something that might appear on the show but basically a lot more happened than you guys saw on TV and Jace realized that his eviction was a lot deeper than just Audrey.

Also, by the time he went out he had mostly chilled out and made peace with most of the house. He's a big, volatile, rear end but he also seems decent at his core and didn't seem the part who would just attack people for the hell of it. He also didn't want any of it to blow back on Austin and Liz. I won't say he never made any personal attacks but he apologized for all the ones he did made and seemed sincere.

Also he genuinely likes Audrey and was very interested in her story. Its a big part of the reason why he was so upset that she played him.

Twin Cinema posted:

I like that it was too non-"alliance" players who won the HOH, just because it will stop a team from steamrolling through until only they are left. Although, I think for that strategy to work, it would need someone like Derrick to continue steering the ship. Judging by the first five episodes, there is no Derrick in this group.

Shelli's in the alliance.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

The cast seem decent enough, but BotB is awful and the constant twists are even worse. There's already enough luck in the game, they don't need to add anymore. Do people really tune into BB who wouldn't otherwise just because they are excited about "twists"? Random twists that reduce the affect of strategy are the worst part of Big Brother. It's no coincidence that the seasons people talk about as being the best are seasons that don't have completely random twists that destroy houseguests by pure chance.

Arcanen fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 3, 2015

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
I won't spoil this thread because there's still a chance the next episode uses a lot of footage that's already dated... simply because it's great stuff.

Just suffice to say you show only watchers really didn't see anything in terms of what was actually going down. It was the most chaotic first week ever.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Shelli's in the alliance.

Oh right. It's difficult to keep track of this stuff, especially in a house of 16 (well, 17) people when a few haven't had much camera time.

Spiky Ooze posted:

I won't spoil this thread because there's still a chance the next episode uses a lot of footage that's already dated... simply because it's great stuff.

Just suffice to say you show only watchers really didn't see anything in terms of what was actually going down. It was the most chaotic first week ever.

I wish we got some of that, then, because this week played out fairly boring on TV. Or, at least, that's how I felt.

James315
Dec 17, 2006

315 [Mp 40] everyone

blue squares posted:

People not in the majority alliance win HoH and you're unhappy. So hard to please!
Even when a floater/wildcard(s) wins HoH, the Battle of the Block twist kind of ruins it in at least three different ways:

1. The two HoHs tend to work together on nominations, which moderates any weirdness that a floater HoH would normally bring to the table. The odds are good that at least one of the two HoHs is hooked into an alliance, so the non-alliance HoH is heavily influenced.

2. The biggest problem with the twist is that HoHs really can no longer nominate whatever players they want. If their nominees win the BotB, then the HoH is overthrown. So to stay safe, the HoH must nominate players who are bad at comps. Even then, there's a reasonable chance that their nominees will win anyway (since both HoHs nominate people who are bad at comps). This, in turn, means the HoH needs to nominate players who have already been used as pawns by others, to minimize the blood on their hands. The nominations basically make themselves.

3. Because of (2), there is no longer any incentive to do anything other than backdoor a target. In regular seasons, sometimes you might want to backdoor a target, or you might put a target up with a pawn, or you might nominate a pair of enemies to ensure at least one goes home. Not anymore, because the two players you nominate could become immune for the week. So you just nominate two people from the approved list of pawns and that's that.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Spiky Ooze posted:

So if I wanted to know about this, could I read the spoiler thread from a few days ago? I don't want tons of poo poo ruined, but I would like a deeper understanding.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So glad to see Audrey's terrible gameplay fall apart.

BoB working out wonderfully: pawns all around.

Put up Audrey with De! She was asking for a chance to prove herself haha

blue squares fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 6, 2015

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

What is Jason pissed about? He loving volunteered

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013
Is it me, or does Mr. Rockstar Dentist kinda sound like Bobcat Goldthwait?

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I can't believe how bad people are at throwing competitions. I'm not sure he was even talking while they were playing.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ChosenbytheZetans posted:

Is it me, or does Mr. Rockstar Dentist kinda sound like Bobcat Goldthwait?

It would be so bizarre to sit in a dentist chair with him working on your teeth and using that manic voice.

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013
I'm from the Scranton area originally, I'm kind of tempted to go home and schedule and appointment when the show is over.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Yeah, I almost don't mind BotB as long as they're just constantly backdooring annoying people; it's merely a waste of time. It'll be funny if the intended target ever wins POV, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?

Shakugan posted:

The cast seem decent enough, but BotB is awful and the constant twists are even worse. There's already enough luck in the game, they don't need to add anymore. Do people really tune into BB who wouldn't otherwise just because they are excited about "twists"? Random twists that reduce the affect of strategy are the worst part of Big Brother. It's no coincidence that the seasons people talk about as being the best are seasons that don't have completely random twists that destroy houseguests by pure chance.

Julie Chen has to say the word "twist" at least 10 times into a camera per week or else she dies.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Why is audrey wearing a winter hat in summer in la while trapped in a house

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Most likely a fashion choice, but I've heard they keep the house pretty cold.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the explanation I've heard is that the house is freezing because they need to cool it down from all the studio lights.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Shelly and Clay need to cut their losses and go for Audrey. John will never do it

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Johnny Mac is quickly climbing my list of all time favorite house guests.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Pretty sure De is gonna figure it out when the veto ceremony happens lol

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
God, Audrey is so bad at this game.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

With only three hours per week to show what's happening in the house (well, less than that -- I forgot to factor in commercials, and Chen talking to the guest of the week), it's difficult to recap everything that goes on in the house. For example, when Austin said how Liz is his biggest ally in the house, and he went to Vanessa to discuss it, it felt very out of left field. It just reminds me of how little I have seen certain players. For example, even though she was HOH, all I know about Becky is that she thought Shelli was putting up Audrey. BB made sure to air her saying this 5 or 6 times over the past two episodes. Also, apparently Jason, James, Day, Meg, and Jeff are in an alliance now?

But yes, Audrey is terrible at this game. She is this season's Devin, although I wonder if she'll be kept a bit longer as a huge target that's never actually eliminated (wasn't James like this in Season 6?).

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Kaidyn posted:

Julie Chen has to say the word "twist" at least 10 times into a camera per week or else she dies.

But first....

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't think any of this is "spoilery" since its all Week 1 background info. It should be over and done so I think its fair game. I'm sorry if its not.

Austin, Jace, and Liz were very close friends in Week 1 and called themselves "Tres Amigos." Jace and Liz had kind of a flirt-mance going. When Jace got backdoored Austin and Liz got closer and started to game more together since they both recognized they were clearly on the outs.

James, Day, Jason, Meg, and Jeff are basically just what's left of last week's big alliance that James tried to form after Audrey exploded and Clay and Shelli ran their own agenda with HOH.

You know about as much as we do about Becky. She was hit in the face by a train, has a positive attitude, and wants Audrey gone really bad. About the only non-spoilery background I think I can add is that the reason she wants Audrey gone so badly is that Audrey tried to stir up some rumor that Day called Becky racist and Becky took it very personally. You'll almost certainly never see that on the show.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 9, 2015

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Second eviction episode tonight, Da'Vonne VS Meg.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Gronk's twist is gonna be they have to drink and party 24/7 all week.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
:phoneb:_7_:phone: Obviously rigged :woop:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Weather lady has spent 15 minutes now telling me about a tornado warning that ends in 10 minutes and letting me know it's flash flood weather. Thanks lady I can look out my window.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Not sure about Audrey's move here (shocker). Why throw away the only potential allies you have by trying to keep De'Vonne?

However, I am fully onboard with BB Takeover because GRONK IS THE GREATEST. I am not Patriots fan but boy do I love that man

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Mahoning posted:

Gronk's twist is gonna be they have to drink and party 24/7 all week.

They have to sleep at night and be awake during the day would destroy these people

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Haha Devon in the front row tonight.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Awww bummer that they figured it out!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Davonne could not have played that worse. Tell everybody the huge secret you figured out, THEN reveal that you know the secret to that person?! Ugh. So bad. You keep it quiet and then assure Liz/Julia that you won't tell anyone as long as you get her vote.

It's called leverage, Day. You have none.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In fairness to Day she told Jason. Jason told everyone else. So he's the one who blew the infor, but Day didn't exactly stop him or appear to have a plan for it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Those three???

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Should have blocked Clay and James. Wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

blue squares posted:

Those three???

Day was trying to be weirdly strategic to try and confuse people or something. I don't know. Day's not exactly a mastermind.

• Locked thread