Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

blue squares posted:

Did the black girl say her strategy was to have her "main apple scrapple" and her "ride and die"? What does that mean?

She wants somebody who's her real ally to the end and someone she's just using

Can't really plan that kind of thing for sure though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Robnoxious posted:

Hmmm... Da'Vonne didn't cotton on to Vanessa and doesn't believe Johnny Mac is a dentist?
She may not be as good at reading people as she claims.

She's also claiming to be a school teacher for her fake job which is a way overused one.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Sitting out in front of everyone is not an edge. Throwing it is an edge.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
I won't spoil this thread because there's still a chance the next episode uses a lot of footage that's already dated... simply because it's great stuff.

Just suffice to say you show only watchers really didn't see anything in terms of what was actually going down. It was the most chaotic first week ever.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Binary Logic posted:

but Audrey voted to keep her :confused:

Wow what a twisty twist twist.

She always throws out hinky votes and people will probably know it was her again.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Yes! Jeff, Audrey, and Clay out.

edit: Vanessa and Austin HoH! Sweeet.

Spiky Ooze fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 10, 2015

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

blue squares posted:

What does it mean now that the twin twist is busted?

Nothing. They have to vote one out or if they last 5 weeks, they're both in.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Floating gets a bad rap because it usually means that person did nothing all summer.

People are using super extreme examples like Dan... but that's NOT the average floater. The average floater is Johnny Mac and Jackie who don't talk game or even personal conversations on the feeds, sleep all the time, etc...Floaters suck to watch so as a game strategy it's kind of hard to say "good game" to that for me. It is a winnable strategy, but not one I like.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Austin is like a 0.5 out of 10 on the creep meter and to me that's pretty average of anybody. Nobody's perfect at romance outside of the movies. If he does something Caleb level on the feeds you would see it mentioned here, but he's a pretty chill guy overall.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Vanessa can usually run the game, but Jackie might be left field enough to openly go against the other HoH so yeah who knows where this week is going.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

blue squares posted:

In the context of the game, I think ANYTHING is a viable game tactic. If she won because Austin fell in love with her and then she gutted him in the worst way possible, but that made her win, I'd say "good job," but I'd also think she was a lovely person

I really don't think it makes her a lovely person at all. One of the biggest purposes of a showmance is to have each other's back. I mean it sucks for Austin that he can't read women properly at all, but she does have his back in the game, and if she didn't play him the twins would be the whole house's target until they're both out. Liz playing things smoothly and presenting the twins and Austin as these loyal ride or die airheads that won't make a move is a really good strategy.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Twins night! Woo!

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Haha Austin was avoiding Julia like the plague.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Massive edge here to the small people Johnny Mac, James, Shelli... and maybe Julia if she can toughen up.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Twin Cinema posted:

Does Steve talk to anyone in the house?

He's a chatterbox but it's not that exciting. He asks other people about themselves and their perspective in this whole nerdy "I don't understand anything about the world... tell me more" shtick

Then he says "Nice!" after they tell him something, and that's pretty much Steve in the BB house.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
America loving the players that do nothing but sleep in the house.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
drat Sixth Sense really ripped that HoH out from under James.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
That's some genius scheduling by CBS. Why didn't they do DE last week... Even so tonight's episode should be a doozy.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Julie calling her out on bitter jury syndrome already haha.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

blue squares posted:

I found a stream, how did Shelli get voted out over Vanessa?

James campaigned for it half a week because he was scared of Shelli. He did a good job selling the advantages and pulling the numbers together to screw Becky, who did not ever want it to go this way, but eventually knew it would.

And way to let Steve win at the worst time... dummies!

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
It would kind of be stupid for them not to try for James. Steve's already pissed off Meg and Jackie.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

STAC Goat posted:

This is really on James, Meg, and Jackie. They had two weeks of safety to try and bring Steve and Johnny in and they didn't. This is their passive play and complacency biting them in the rear end again. They thought they were completely safe after a couple of HOH wins but really didn't do enough work to make sure it was real. No ones even betraying them here. It's just the people they've never gamed with treating them as expendable.

To be fair there was a 6 person alliance going into this and Steve or JM winning was the doomsday scenario. They also can't make a deal with everyone every week at the jury stage of the game or they'll never get any jury votes.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't like Jackie and she was super smug about what an awesome and safe player she was so this amuses me, but mostly I enjoyed that because I didn't see it coming at all. I had Jackie at like a 5% chance of going home when I did it in my head this morning. I figured it would take a double POV play or a major backstabbing to get her in danger.

Steve was talking to himself the whole week about needing to break up the groups... but I did not expect Jackie either.

That's what happens with Steve and JM in power I guess. They are literally gameplay-phobic and run away from people in the house like shy 6-year-olds. It's weird. There's under the radar, but they're a new category which is more like under a rock.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Tellah posted:

He does that in the DR, but the televised portion of his conversation with Vanessa was coherent. Maybe the conversation was edited unfairly, but Vanessa came off as pretty wild-eyed and confrontational, whereas Jmac was calm and cogent.

It was very heavily edited together. They were talking a LONNNNNNG time and most of it was him being impossible to talk to while she tried again and again. She was overplaying it hilariously bad, but he was underplaying hilariously bad... it was the clash of the two worst social players in the house.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
New comp? Hells yes.

edit: Meg XD

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Come on Steve, be a team player, lets us gently caress you in the rear end here and put you up as a pawn against your closest ally in the house. Come on, we will be slow and gentle for you.

I mean obviously the situation sucks but Steve's negotiating skills are flawed. You can't just tell the HoH no.

I think part of it is he thinks he runs game in the house when it's more Shelli/Vanessa/twins have pitied and baby brothered him and that's how he stayed. Not really grasping the social context for what it is could be his biggest problem.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
I suspect John's actually a crazy homeless guy that passed himself off as a dentist and it just keeps going from there.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
From watching the feeds, they don't have any idea it's DE night so this could get interesting.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Julia is like the Danny Devito twin.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

STAC Goat posted:

A perfect scenario for Vanessa is Johnny/Steve win HOH this week and take out Liz, Austin/Julia win HOH next week and take out Johnny/Steve, and she goes into the F4 comp with Julia, Austin, and Johnny/Steve where she's everyone's #2.

People might even want to start taking her at this point because there's a pretty good chance she'll Russell Hantz out in front of the jury and just sit there bragging. Vanessa's good but she's not self-aware of social game.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Twin Cinema posted:

Holy poo poo! Not only can I not believe that Vanessa's suggestion worked, but I also can't believe how she was able to turn the twins against Austin (even if Liz seemed to make up with him).

One thing is for sure, if she somehow wins nobody would ever be able to copy her strategy because it's changed about 1300 times.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Austin with the live diss "This is a riveting one for the audience."

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
In case anyone zoned out on Julie at the end... there's a full eviction and new HoH on Tuesday. Another eviction Wednesday. Then it's final 3.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

Yeah this is not the right thread dude. You can post anything in the feeds thread, but the people that just watch the show usually avoid spoilers.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Great... now CBS' own site show stream isn't playing for me. They probably hammered it themselves by not allowing spoilers for tonight.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
"Time for some blood people" after you already were voted out of the game John, you player, you.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

bbf2 posted:

Vanessa was all set to evict Steve and only started wanting to take out Austin after the Staples center visit. I think someone recognized her (or at least recognized Frankie) and she overheard a fan say something negative about Austin, I really do.

I think she just didn't trust that he'd do anything else for her in the game, which he might not have. That aggressive player in her always goes after survival at the end of the day.

Blindsiding him was flat out dumb though. She just threw his jury vote out the window.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Ahaha. Welp, all the floater lovers have stopped watching.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
Well they could just run comps in the jury house and send like two actual cameramen to follow them. I mean why not they still have them sequestered anyway. And it would honestly make sense with how little game there is to show with less amounts of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

STAC Goat posted:

Jury management isn't about tricking people into not knowing you were involved with their eviction, its about making them at peace with it.

It basically comes down to can you eat poo poo and not talk about "MY AMAZING GAME" at all in front of the bunch of losers, but flatter the jury and distance yourself from any joy you took in winning.

Vanessa will probably blow it but I don't really blame her. She hasn't really been in the kind of work that is just pure flattery style manipulation like sales or some management.

• Locked thread