Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

literally throwing money at the screen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
"yes, I hate nerds too" he said, in his main irc channel and in several usenet groups

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

sucking your seeping destiny boil ridden cocks some more.

Gross!

I bought Destiny at release, played for a few months even raided and PvP'd with goons. It was a lot of fun doing those two things, but after a while I couldn't take the repetition it seemed in the goon group people were dropping out. They also had had enough and so sitting alone in the game with just farming to do was too boring, so I left and everything I've heard about Destiny since has been negative especially that emote poo poo.

But people are buying it anyway and so there's going to be a Destiny 2 and in 2020 D3stiny is going to be coming out. Now I know to just not buy them anymore unless they change some major gameplay elements to better suit my play style which won;t happen because people are still enjoying the game. I guess it's just not my thing.

I also tend to not buy games at release unless I've seen youtube people play them and I can see what the actual game is like and not the cherry picked scenes the publishers give to E3. Also I tend not to rely completely on reviews because "games journalism" or whatever doesn't have integrity so it basically isn't real.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
and people wonder why piracy is a thing

I don't want to wade through all that poo poo just to see if a game is fun or not.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
it seems to be set up for people who love repetitive grinding and I guess that's fine

but that's what it is

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
I used to love video games now I can't stand them I have video game anhedonia

So destiny looks like a bad game to me

Badge earned: neuseless19
learn something about Neukoln19 that is uninteresting and gets you nowhere

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Moridin920 posted:

I wish people who played video games weren't such insufferable pieces of poo poo that trip over themselves to be consumer whores while bleating loudly about their entitlements and their rights and their loyalty to the developer.

It's a company. You are a customer. Stop being SUCH FAGLORDS. It's embarrassing to play video games because of these people. They are 10x worse than the shy DnD nerds of yesteryear. Those dudes were probably just as bad but at least they didn't plaster their lovely opinions over everything.
of course, let's certainly never speak of the game even once, casually on a comedy forum. oh gently caress it's everywhere stop it's getting in my shoes send help

i never bring the game up to someone unless they mention it, and if they say they had a good time i don't feel the need to vomit on them while screaming epithets. sorry to break your immersion

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Throwing a pocket full of change and lint at the screen

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

throwing empty hot pocket wrappers, mountain dew bottles and game informer magazines at the screen

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I thought I was done with open-world sandbox-style games but Shadow of Mordor just owns so hard

it's actually fun to just play around in the world and you can waste a lot of time doing nothing and just ignoring the "story" missions and terrorizing orcs with a screaming elf-ghost that lives in your brain

game owns pretty hard, to reiterate

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I mailed my wallet, full of money, to the game company that makes Destiny.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I am hoarding, absolutely hoarding virtual guns.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Anyone here play the Ben 10 game

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I pre-ordered Fallout 4 and then I pre-ordered Fallout 5

I left $60 in cash at the front door of Betheseda

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Madcosby posted:

I pre-ordered Fallout 4 and then I pre-ordered Fallout 5

I left $60 in cash at the front door of Betheseda

not even enough to cover the season pass scrub

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
the first season of destiny sucked but I hear it gets better in season 2

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
I got Destiny when it was released. I really liked it for awhile, but I hit a wall when the game expected me to grind the same areas over and over to get minuscule upgrades to my gear. Plus, the raids don't have matchmaking which is dumb as well. The gun play is good, but the game play isn't. There are only a handful of levels that you are expected to play over and over and over again. It sucks.

I am not sure how they expect to get 10 years out of this lovely game.

bing_commander
Aug 14, 2009

In other news..
if nerds think theyre pissed off now just wait until destiny goes free to play

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Also there are wizards but they aren't cool at all.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

bing_commander posted:

if nerds think theyre pissed off now just wait until destiny goes free to play

like it is now? lol u dumb

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ryoshi posted:

like it is now? lol u dumb
:thejoke:

Monkey Fracas posted:

I thought I was done with open-world sandbox-style games but Shadow of Mordor just owns so hard

it's actually fun to just play around in the world and you can waste a lot of time doing nothing and just ignoring the "story" missions and terrorizing orcs with a screaming elf-ghost that lives in your brain

game owns pretty hard, to reiterate
Yeah that's a game that gets dicking around and getting nothing done entertaining. Hell, it's even fun to fail because the guy who killed you gets promoted and works his way up the orcish org-chart

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I play Destiny on Friday and Saturday nights to do the raids and the multiplayer events with some friends but that's it.

Leon Einstein posted:

I got Destiny when it was released. I really liked it for awhile, but I hit a wall when the game expected me to grind the same areas over and over to get minuscule upgrades to my gear. Plus, the raids don't have matchmaking which is dumb as well. The gun play is good, but the game play isn't. There are only a handful of levels that you are expected to play over and over and over again. It sucks.

I am not sure how they expect to get 10 years out of this lovely game.

I'm not sure if matchmaking would work because one bad player can keep everyone from progressing in the insta-kill sections and based on my experience with the websites, a significant portion of players wanting to run the raids have no idea what they're doing.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 26, 2015

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Blue Raider posted:

also if you dont dig on the metro 3033 redux games as fps then get the gently caress out of here

Metro and wolfenstien new order are both better than half life 2

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I think Star Citizen is going to incite some real life violence in a few years.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

destiny is a good game because you shoot the guns and they feel good to shoot

most gun shoot games are bad because you shoot the guns and they feel bad

destiny is kinda a bad game for a lot of other reasons but I will keep playing it because the gunplay is loving great

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~

Moola posted:

so they put your mother in the game then

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

dog buttz posted:

I play Destiny on Friday and Saturday nights to do the raids and the multiplayer events with some friends but that's it.

I'm not sure if matchmaking would work because one bad player can keep everyone from progressing in the insta-kill sections and based on my experience with the websites, a significant portion of players wanting to run the raids have no idea what they're doing.

Matchmaking would work if they allowed voice chat because, like WoW, you can stop before the insta kill sections and tell people the strategy.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Haaahahahahahahahahaha, yeah, sure, or I could make up racial epithets for nationalities that exist only in my amphetamine delusions, you thatch-dwelling guzzlemumbler. *makes j/o motion for 9 consecutive teeth-grinding hours*

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Madcosby posted:

I bought Wolfenstein New Order during the sale

Here's a graph of how fun it gets over time

\
You got that graph backwards, I'm not sure how you messed that up.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

deadwing posted:

destiny is a good game because you shoot the guns and they feel good to shoot

most gun shoot games are bad because you shoot the guns and they feel bad

destiny is kinda a bad game for a lot of other reasons but I will keep playing it because the gunplay is loving great

Yeah, I'll probably buy Destiny 2: Destined Harder if they make an effort to make the level 20+ gameplay decent instead of a boring repetitive grind because at the end of the day blowing some fucker's head off with a single shot from your handcannon or scout rifle felt :rock: as gently caress but I hell if I'm going to do the same raids over and over again to maybe get the equipment I need to level up on my 15th run. Up to level 20 I had an absolute blast and could barely tear myself away.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Moridin920 posted:

It's a company. You are a customer. Stop being SUCH FAGLORDS. It's embarrassing to play video games because of these people. They are 10x worse than the shy DnD nerds of yesteryear. Those dudes were probably just as bad but at least they didn't plaster their lovely opinions over everything.

You never read the comments section of Dragon Magazine then.

Sperg. Sperg never changes.

Princess RALPH!!
Apr 28, 2009
I bought the game plus season pass in advance. I haven't even tried the house of wolves, I gave up long before that. Come the 2nd or 3rd week I was at the grinding stage. Hell, I love grinding in games but most grinding had a payoff. In this game you just seemed to be grinding for the loving sake of grinding. The only thing that really made it playable for me was the social aspect of dicking around with my friends online. From what was available in advance it seemed like it was going to be the WoW of FPS's. It is very much not like that at all. The occasional events like the Queen's Bounties and Iron Banner were enjoyable until it was just Iron Banner over and over again. What's that? You want to play PvE well here's some more PvP events for you! All in all I got my money out of the game though so I can't really complain. It wasn't bad, but not a memorable game by any means.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Serious post: How is Destiny different than Warframe?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Onkel Hedwig posted:

one is free the other is a scam

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Onkel Hedwig posted:

If you play Warframe long enough, you can earn nearly everything and the few things that are random drops you can either pay for or trade for. Destiny will force you to pray to the RNG gods no matter how much you demonstrate your loyalty to King Bungie, though if you show up on the right weekend he might deign to offer you table scraps for some other RNG based tokens.

That might possibly have changed since I stopped playing before the first expansion so someone feel free to correct me.

Also Destiny is not on PC at all and Warframe heavily favors the PC version, if that matters somehow.

Oh, and Warframe at least randomizes maps and poo poo and has better modes to pick from unless you want to PvP all day. But I think there are much better PvP games than either.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I wonder when nerds will realize any game where you go on "raids" is terrible trash.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
I wish tribes rear end end wasn't developed by such a group of useless gently caress heads because it was the only f2p game I liked

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Groovelord Neato posted:

I wonder when nerds will realize any game where you go on "raids" is terrible trash.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Moridin920 posted:

and people wonder why piracy is a thing

and people wonder why Destiny never got a PC port

maybe if PC gamers weren't such thieving shitlords they wouldn't be stuck with nothing but F2p MOBAs and lovely broken ports of console games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Sleeveless posted:

and people wonder why Destiny never got a PC port

maybe if PC gamers weren't such thieving shitlords they wouldn't be stuck with nothing but F2p MOBAs and lovely broken ports of console games

the only thing that would make destiny worth a drat is to steal it

• Locked thread