Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Is there any other market where a company asks you to spend money without being able to test or even have professional reviewers test the item they are selling? Are video games the only industry that have "review" embargoes? Lol what a scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
homogeneity please

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i can tell if a game is good or not by the pictures and description
batting like .990 at this

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

gary oldmans diary posted:

i can tell if a game is good or not by the pictures and description
batting like .990 at this

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
OP You should join gamergate there's meetings at the rest stop every weds off I-90

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Ah, so you like this shirt? Well, you can't try it on, unfortunately. However, we can have this person try it on for you, behind this curtain so you can't see. He can then tell you all about how much he likes it and how great it is. That is good enough, right?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
instincts say "dont buy!" because its a city building game that doesnt end in 2000 and where you dont raise an army
but even ignoring that it says EA right there in big letters no one could miss

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Oh, you expected the shirt to fit you? I'm sorry at release we only have XXL. For 30$ you can get a custom fit shirt that will fit you. It will release in a few months.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
pity reply

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

i dont even play video games bnitch go pity party your own self

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Poetic Justice posted:

i dont even play video games bnitch go pity party your own self

pity quote

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
take ur pity and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U18EuNN2D0

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

gary oldmans diary posted:

instincts say "dont buy!" because its a city building game that doesnt end in 2000 and where you dont raise an army
but even ignoring that it says EA right there in big letters no one could miss

whats wrong with ea? when i was more into games they put out some good stuff.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

opus111 posted:

whats wrong with ea? when i was more into games they put out some good stuff.

NHL 98 was the BEST

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Poetic Justice posted:

im too afraid to post this nerd poo poo in hellthread where it belongs

hmm yes you dont say

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!
Pro tip: If your customers already highly distrust you, there are no long term negative ramifications to unethically extracting as much money from them as possible.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sonofsilversign posted:

hmm yes you dont say

Ah you are pregnant. That's why you are being a huge bitch?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Poetic Justice posted:

NHL 98 was the BEST
breakaway 98 was unironically amazing

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Poetic Justice posted:

Ah you are pregnant. That's why you are being a huge bitch?

why dont you tell me about your relationship with your mother, i for one could use some laughs

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sonofsilversign posted:

why dont you tell me about your relationship with your mother, i for one could use some laughs

So, you want to test drive this car? Well, do I have an idea for you, how about you can't. You just trust us on what we say about it's performance, and we won't even let reviews let you know until it's on the lot for sale. You can trust us, this one is good.

When it's on the lot, you can't test drive it anyway sorry, you have to let other people do it for you.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Poetic Justice posted:

So, you want to test drive this car? Well, do I have an idea for you, how about you can't. You just trust us on what we say about it's performance, and we won't even let reviews let you know until it's on the lot for sale. You can trust us, this one is good.

When it's on the lot, you can't test drive it anyway sorry, you have to let other people do it for you.

are you unironically posting about video game journalism

oh my

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sonofsilversign posted:

are you unironically posting about video game journalism

oh my

The videogame industry. Not journalism, dear. Who gives a gently caress about journalism. Videogames or otherwise rofl

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
You might not realize this, but the video game industry is the largest multibillion dollar scam in the world, i dunno if i said that before . . .

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

Poetic Justice posted:

Oh, you expected the shirt to fit you? I'm sorry at release we only have XXL. For 30$ you can get a custom fit shirt that will fit you. It will release in a few months.

I think XXL would be fine for most gamers

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Poetic Justice posted:

The videogame industry. Not journalism, dear. Who gives a gently caress about journalism. Videogames or otherwise rofl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
This guy is really cool

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
it's really pathetic that you guys are all mind warped by this industry to suck their tiny cocks that you all come out of the woodworks to stick up for them, freaking sad as poo poo SA what have you become

Otner
Dec 28, 2011

by Hand Knit
Buglord
What a shame.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
It truly is.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Poetic Justice posted:

it's really pathetic that you guys are all mind warped by this industry to suck their tiny cocks that you all come out of the woodworks to stick up for them, freaking sad as poo poo SA what have you become

would you consider yourself to be fighting the videogame industry with this thread?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sonofsilversign posted:

would you consider yourself to be fighting the videogame industry with this thread?

Forums are for communication, not warfare. I want to see you guys communicate amongst each other. I can understand with your hot flashes it's hard to communicate like a person though, I don't hold it against you.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Poetic Justice posted:

Forums are for communication, not warfare. I want to see you guys communicate amongst each other. I can understand with your hot flashes it's hard to communicate like a person though, I don't hold it against you.

im communicating to you that careposting about video games is shameful

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I bought a pair of nike air max 90's last weekend and haven't wore them yet. They're light blueish with dark blue suede and have a mint colored air unit.
The midsole is plain white because those painted midsoles always crack and chip.
God, I love nikes.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Sonofsilversign posted:

im communicating to you that careposting about video games is shameful

are you even going to try to fix it, or just sit there apathetically pretending like you are too cool to care about this multi billion dollar industry and how it affects your children

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
With the amount of information nolife nerds put online as soon as a new game is released, and sometimes before, it's really your own fault if you buy games you know nothing about and end up disappointed. Maybe you should post an E/N thread titled "Help I'm a moron who can't help buying every new video game release without knowing poo poo about them".

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

HerStuddMuffin posted:

With the amount of information nolife nerds put online as soon as a new game is released, and sometimes before, it's really your own fault if you buy games you know nothing about and end up disappointed. Maybe you should post an E/N thread titled "Help I'm a moron who can't help buying every new video game release without knowing poo poo about them".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

HerStuddMuffin posted:

i think it's unfair when companies hold all cards and people are idiotic enough to believe it. it takes a village to raise an idiot

• Locked thread