Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...l-10339040.html

quote:

British holidaymakers and lorry-drivers trying to cross the channel are being confronted with chaos thanks to a strike that had closed the port of Calais and the Channel Tunnel.

Striking French ferry workers blockaded the French port with a wall of flaming tyres, before forcing the closure of the Channel Tunnel by getting on to the tracks.

All ferries between Dover and Calais have been suspended thanks to the wildcat action by MyFerryLink workers, which started at 3.50am on Tuesday.

British holidaymakers and lorry-drivers trying to cross the channel are being confronted with chaos thanks to a strike that had closed the port of Calais and the Channel Tunnel.

Striking French ferry workers blockaded the French port with a wall of flaming tyres, before forcing the closure of the Channel Tunnel by getting on to the tracks.

All ferries between Dover and Calais have been suspended thanks to the wildcat action by MyFerryLink workers, which started at 3.50am on Tuesday.

This afternoon, they forced the closure of the Channel Tunnel, invading the tracks. Eurostar services were subject to delays and cancellations because trains are stuck outside the tunnel, while Eurotunnel services are operating with disruptions of up to 2.5 hours following earlier closures, Sky News has reported.

Eurostar tweeted that services will resume tomorrow after engineers repair fire-damaged tracks overnight.

Traffic jams built up on both sides of the channel, with delays on other cross-channel ferry routes such as Dover to Dunkirk.

Around 600 MyFerryLink – formerly SeaFrance - workers are at risk of losing their jobs on July 2 following the decision by Eurotunnel to end its partnership with the company. Tunnel bosses decided to abort crossings in the afternoon "for safety reasons" after strikers got on to the tracks, a spokesman for Eurotunnel said.

A spokesman for Eurostar said: "[Protesters] have broken into the tunnel and the tunnel is shut.

"As far as we know we don't have any trains in the tunnel at the moment but some are having to wait on either side of the tunnel.

"There will be delays to our services. At the moment we are extremely constrained."

Some of the 3,000 migrants camped at Calais are reportedly trying to exploit the strike by jumping on to slow-going lorries.

Drivers have been told to avoid Calais altogether, as striking workers set the road on fire and a queue of 500-600 vehicles waiting to use the Eurotunnel to get to the British side of the channel.

MyFerryLink vessels are blocking the port and preventing other services, run by P&O and DFDS Seaways, from getting through. But DFDS services from Dover to Dunkirk are still running, a spokesman for the Port of Dover said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

im glad of it

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
the french are striking!? quelle surprise, sacre bleu, berets etc etc

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

david... posted:

im glad of it

i'm not, i need to have an available escape route :)

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

ChlorophileAddict posted:

kill yourself

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

"Striking French ferry workers blockaded the French port with a wall of flaming tyres, before forcing the closure of the Channel Tunnel by getting on to the tracks."

Now these guys know how to throw a party

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
You can not fire me, I am French!! *takes puff from cigarette le baguette*

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Roy posted:

You can not fire me, I am French!! *takes puff from cigarette le baguette*

le baguette du smoke

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Go by ferry or plane to somewhere that isn't Calais? Abundant choices, op.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

they should make a catapult to send ppl across the channel

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

Striking French ferry workers
read this as
stinking french ferry workers

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Truck drivers. They're trucks. They are used to truck things. T-R-U-C-K, truck.

gary oldmans diary posted:

read this as
stinking french ferry workers`

That's redundant.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i think you mean the continent is now isolated from britain

glory to the empire

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

can we blockade the rest of Britain and stop them getting into Scotland too

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
we revel in our splendid isolation

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
oh well, back to inbreeding i guess

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

[quote="Whiskey Sours" post="446960861"

That's redundant.
[/quote]

Truck isn't a verb you dumb oval office

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 24, 2015

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Whiskey Sours posted:

sometimes other countries use different words for things

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

no argument here

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Parallax Scroll posted:

sometimes other countries use different words for things

:psyboom:

InsanityLater
Jan 14, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

They had their chance to get out.

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

jBrereton posted:

Go by ferry or plane to somewhere that isn't Calais? Abundant choices, op.

yes because I want to spend 2-3 hours in an airport surrounded by bright red annoying british tourists going to inflict their awfulness on some poor innocent country.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

Whorelord posted:

Truck isn't a noun you dumb oval office

Truck
noun

:911:

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Leave from Portsmouth and land on the Normandy coast. They'll never see it coming.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Whorelord posted:

Truck isn't a noun you dumb oval office

the verb definition is even labeled "north american" so youre double wrong

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

Acid Haze posted:

Leave from Portsmouth and land on the Normandy coast. They'll never see it coming.

mate, only one of my people managed to walk on water and we killed him for that

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Haha have u guys even been to france? gently caress the eiffel tower and gently caress paris. Biggest hypocritical pussies on earth. Oh fucken boohoo american despots fucken TYRANTS. Hey fellow parisians lets deface all the statues of liberty in paris cuz were so enlightened and poo poo but all these monuments built by napolean while he ran around buttfucking europe oh those are TOTALLY OK and WORTHY OF PRESERVATION

*bans burka*

France is fucken retarded.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I meant verb

I'm drunk and in a car shut the gently caress up

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

roymorrison posted:

Haha have u guys even been to france? gently caress the eiffel tower and gently caress paris. Biggest hypocritical pussies on earth. Oh fucken boohoo american despots fucken TYRANTS. Hey fellow parisians lets deface all the statues of liberty in paris cuz were so enlightened and poo poo but all these monuments built by napolean while he ran around buttfucking europe oh those are TOTALLY OK and WORTHY OF PRESERVATION

*bans burka*

France is fucken retarded.

does it hurt being you or is it an acquired taste

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
Unghhh were french fucken LABOR RIGHTS FREEDOm

*champs elysees literally a monument 2 child labor*

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
WAR IS BAD FRANCE IS SO GOOD NO WAR

*french foreign legion indiscriminately kills everything in fucken sight but its cool theyre just criminals given a new life identity so they can shoot minorities*

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

roymorrison posted:

WAR IS BAD FRANCE IS SO GOOD NO WAR

*french foreign legion indiscriminately kills everything in fucken sight but its cool theyre just criminals given a new life identity so they can shoot minorities*

What's it like living with one continuous brain aneurysm?

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
With deadly Muslims.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax

Striking French ferry workers blockaded the French port with a wall of flaming tyres

I read that as 'Stinking French ferry workers' :lol:

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

General Tofu posted:

I read that as 'Stinking French ferry workers' :lol:

hats inferred in the word French

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
Stiff upper lip, keep calm and carry on, Dunkirk spirit, life during the Blitz, money for old rope, my old man's a dustman, arse over tit, etc. etc.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

drat the french are so much better at striking than we are

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
you see there isn't any guns there

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
excellent. we can now begin phase VI. deploy the DEEP DRUMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Tony Homo posted:

With deadly Muslims.

I like how the ISIS sympathizers tried the same thing here and got taken out by a retired guy with a pistol.

In Texas of all places, dumb fucks.

JB50 fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jun 25, 2015

• Locked thread