Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

gnarlyhotep posted:

Why do you post so much on a forum you don't like

is it because you hate yourself

I asked this earlier and never got an answer. Like I understand constant white noise boring threads is "trolling" of some kind, I just don't get it I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
op shoulf be allowed to express his opions in my opinion

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Enfield posted:

op shoulf be allowed to express his opions in my opinion

thread's not gassed

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

I.N.R.I posted:

Lucky GBS :-)

it says something about SA that INRI manages to troll gbs, fyad AND byob.

i mean, sure he's just as bad as the rest of us, but he does have some salient points.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gnarlyhotep posted:

Why do you post so much on a forum you don't like

is it because you hate yourself

I love myself unconditionally OP. anyway to answer your question the reason i post in GBS is To read the funny responses

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

I.N.R.I posted:

I love myself unconditionally OP. anyway to answer your question the reason i post in GBS is To read the funny responses

GBS is funny after all, you heard it here

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

SA is pretty funny since some of the humor is unique to the rest on the internet, the large amount of self-hate however is sometimes too much so I switch to reddit for a while. Then I realize that reddit is unberable in the completely other direction so I spend more and more time outside with people or hobbies instead of spending my evenings watching netflix and surfing forums. So thanks something awful for making my life better :dukedog:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

gnarlyhotep posted:

GBS is funny after all, you heard it here

I don't think he meant it that way

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

gnarlyhotep posted:

thread's not gassed
hi gnarly

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im gay?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

and thus the first great goon philosopher was born

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
*frantically shoves rice into a rice cooker* im not depressed

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

I.N.R.I posted:

It reminds me of when you see an alcoholic in public or a funeral procession driving past. Everyone who posts here is like 1 epiphany away from crying all the time. Its because theres only depressed people posting in GBS due to the fact its rare for normal people to go on websites like this these days - they all go on reddit or twitter or other websites that happy people like to use. fiurthermore nobody wants to post here because it might make them sad as well if they do

I'm so close keep going

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Reddit's userbase is more depressed, but they hide in weird subreddits or downvote each other.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

whoever sincerely thinks facebook isn't for normal people may be somewhat retarded, like your fuckin' aunt prolly has a facebook by now

also SA is bad because all the interesting posters got banned/ran off by the hugbox and everything is somehow politicized now in a really gay unfunny way. Like that recent threat talking about Bushman, who back in the day, was a pretty well-known SA thing who constantly provided interesting content about murdering feral boars. Nowadays if he tried to post that he'd get ran off by faggots calling him insane and troubled and Definitely Not Good. People care too much about poo poo other people find entertaining and definitely let other people know how hosed up they are for being "obsessive" or whatever.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 24, 2015

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
SA is the rear end in a top hat older brother you never had in text format

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gay is me.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Justin Tyme posted:

also SA is bad because all the interesting posters got banned/ran off

well that explains why you're still here

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
SA is way better than a forum that has /r/coontown and /r/cutefemalecorpses

idk how that's even an argument.

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW

Pawn 17 posted:

And that's the one before they all got naked.
so basically a little less horrifying than SA in its heyday

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
My facebook wall is much more sad than these forums, though less nerdy. That might have more to do with my hometown though.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

word

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Al Nipper posted:

so basically a little less horrifying than SA in its heyday

I just noticed the guy on the right isn't wearing socks.

Is he still alive? He should be crowned King Goon or something.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Boinks posted:

I just noticed the guy on the right isn't wearing socks.

Is he still alive? He should be crowned King Goon or something.

Why does it matter if he wears socks or not?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Moon Atari posted:

Its the saddest forum on the internet because as a community formed on the basis of mocking and criticising other communities it inevitably lead to mocking and criticising each other. For a long time this had the benefit of reducing some of the weird stuff that develops from hug box forums and complete anonymity, but eventually lead to people being relentlessly suspicious that other goons were weird internet perverts and hyper self-aware and ashamed of their own goony ways. Of course the user base had always consisted of the only people who would regularly visit a forum: nerds, but in this case the specific breed of nerd with enough social awareness to be embarrassed by their social deficits and weirdness and as such extra vigilant to other weirdos. So everyone became excessively negative towards each other and a greater degree of conformity set in, sapping most of the fun. When even a sites owner seems to openly hate it then its understandable that users might also be ashamed of their membership and seek places that support whatever they are into. On top of this SA has always been deliberately exclusionary, with regular bannings being considered part of the culture. While this was both a lot of fun and beneficial in the glory days it continued beyond a point of sustainability, where even with dwindling registrations the most prolific posters would still be banned. Now even if we were to be punching far above our weight in terms of quality content to active users ratio we still would have nowhere near the output of more heavily trafficked sites. Plus there is little reason for any new posters to reg when anything of value we might accidentally produce will quickly be exported to larger sites that don't charge a fee. So what we're left with is the internet equivalent of a lovely relationship, where everyone is unhappy and determined to make each other equally unhappy, but stuck due to laziness/fear of change/some weird form of masochism. Well at least that's why I'm still here (also i don't understand reddit).

Savings Coupon posted:

*fffaaaarrrrrrtttttttt*

Rhizoids posted:

Thoroughly thought out analysis. Excellent points, eloquently articulated. Truly a most insightful look into the zeitgeist of the modern era.

4/10

Lol goons trapped in their own sarcastic ironies prove this posters point a mere few posts later

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
The best thread is the passive aggressive letters one in E/N because there's nobody in there to tell them what they're allowed to feel or say.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

I.N.R.I posted:

it's one of the squares on the newer goon bingo cards

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
tane plap dad orbs

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
and cuck

the heebie-gbs
Apr 23, 2007

♫ twerrrmmmmm ♫
       /
:sax:

Luvcow posted:

it's one of the squares on the newer goon bingo cards

i wear light loafers with no socks an awful lot during the summer. what prize have i unlocked

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
I'd really like to see user stats for the past ten years or so. If lowtax doesn't give a poo poo, he might as well publish them. I think gbs had around 1300-1700 logged in users during prime time in 2008. iirc

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

i dont have archives, what happened to the feminism thread in E/N?

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

I.N.R.I posted:

because his loving shoes will stink jfc

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

razamataza posted:

i dont have archives, what happened to the feminism thread in E/N?

ovarian cancer

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

midnightclimax posted:

I'd really like to see user stats for the past ten years or so. If lowtax doesn't give a poo poo, he might as well publish them. I think gbs had around 1300-1700 logged in users during prime time in 2008. iirc

someone posted some info from archive.org yesterday that shows the amount of total logged in users is about the same since that time period

e i can't make sentences and shows not shoes

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knyteguy posted:

because his loving shoes will stink jfc

To be honest Im not really bothered if that guys shoes smell like poo poo or not

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

I.N.R.I posted:

To be honest Im not really bothered if that guys shoes smell like poo poo or not

well what if you had to sit next to him on a plane or at the dmv? what if he scratched his feet then served you a taco at a delicious mexican restaurant?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Well, Id probably have gay sex with him. Id probably cum on his face

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT