Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Knyteguy posted:

someone posted some info from archive.org yesterday that shows the amount of total logged in users is about the same since that time period

e i can't make sentences and shows not shoes

wow really so it just spread huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
lets all touch our doodles together

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Enfield posted:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I like it here.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

midnightclimax posted:

wow really so it just spread huh

there are times when it was higher like after presidential elections and stuff, but that's what i got from it

2005 https://web.archive.org/web/20050211024015/http://forums.somethingawful.com/
2006 https://web.archive.org/web/20060329024639/http://forums.somethingawful.com/
2008 https://web.archive.org/web/20080311042022/http://forums.somethingawful.com/ (this has two different numbers I assume one takes into account guests)
2011 https://web.archive.org/web/20110716103704/http://forums.somethingawful.com/

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I post here because I can't be bothered to learn how to read Reddit's retarded layout.

also I check Facebook maybe once every two weeks now tops because it's just retards yelling at each other and posting memes. and people in my family arguing and insisting that I pick a side. and people from high school and past jobs whose sad lives make me feel depressed for them.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

City of Tampa posted:

I post here because I can't be bothered to learn how to read Reddit's retarded layout.

I 'learned' it but it is still retarded and useless for long threads.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if you go on reddit and tell someone they're a fuckhead, all his friends vote it down and it gets buried. here, you have to face it. like real life.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Back To 99 posted:

Can you post the after photo with the 3 girls on the front left and censor out everything else? Otherwise, pass!

When I said they all got naked, I meant the ones you don't want to see.

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
also I like SA the best in it's current incarnation; a dying forum owned by an absent (possibly dead) nerd that has a diaperfur living in his basement.

also I like that depending on who you talk to, SA either a hotbed of MRA trolls trying to get people to suicide OR a catlady hugbox full of transpeople

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

sa is pretty good if you don't post in gbs woops

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

if you go on reddit and tell someone they're a fuckhead, all his friends vote it down and it gets buried. here, you have to face it. like real life.

yeah, the downvote in concept is okay because you can downvote shitposts in serious threads or whatever but in practice people use it to create echo chambers and squash opposing or different ideas (shocking).

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

also I like SA the best in it's current incarnation; a dying forum owned by an absent (possibly dead) nerd that has a diaperfur living in his basement.

also I like that depending on who you talk to, SA either a hotbed of MRA trolls trying to get people to suicide OR a catlady hugbox full of transpeople

I love my dead gay forum.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Enfield posted:

I don't always agree with Enfield but I think this is something we can all unite behind

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
I miss Portal Of Evil. It was my homepage for most of the web 1.0 era.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

shmorky and lowtax broke up

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
i think you'll find op that it's the 'raddest' forum on the internet please check for typos before you submit future threads

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
:smith: Rejoice.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

midnightclimax posted:

I'd really like to see user stats for the past ten years or so. If lowtax doesn't give a poo poo, he might as well publish them. I think gbs had around 1300-1700 logged in users during prime time in 2008. iirc

All I can get right now are stats for the past 12 months:

I'll dig around and see if I can get more historical stuff.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Zombie Boat posted:

I'm so close keep going

same but suicidr

Nickelback Concert
Apr 28, 2015
This site is a shadow of what it was ten years ago.

It's been filled with a new generation of socially conscious jerkoffs.

Where are the stuntcocks of yesteryear?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nickelback Concert posted:

This site is a shadow of what it was ten years ago.

It's been filled with a new generation of socially conscious jerkoffs.

Where are the stuntcocks of yesteryear?

they grew up into the socially conscious jerkoffs

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
I'm kind of sad now.

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Justin Tyme posted:

also SA is bad because all the interesting posters got banned/ran off by the hugbox and everything is somehow politicized now in a really gay unfunny way. Like that recent threat talking about Bushman, who back in the day, was a pretty well-known SA thing who constantly provided interesting content about murdering feral boars. Nowadays if he tried to post that he'd get ran off by faggots calling him insane and troubled and Definitely Not Good. People care too much about poo poo other people find entertaining and definitely let other people know how hosed up they are for being "obsessive" or whatever.

baw

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

haven't you been tied to a fence and left to die yet?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Nigmaetcetera posted:

haven't you been tied to a fence and left to die yet?

we're still letting the rope out

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

gnarlyhotep posted:

we're still letting the rope out

the 50 year old moderator who isn't a pedophile is grumpy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

No it's actually PYF.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
The op gave me an epiphany that which made me cry :(

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Miltank posted:

The op gave me an epiphany that which made me cry :(

the op made me cry because i realized i was never gonna have an epiphany but then i cried because i thought i was having an epiphany but then i realized i wasn't because blahlabalbhahlhlbahhbahba but then i had a true epiphany and it said gbs is for losers

so icontinue posting here

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I like that GBS has everyone from people who love it to people who hate it, all posting here no matter how they feel about it. They all post down here.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
It's not my fault that I love good posts.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

gnarlyhotep posted:

All I can get right now are stats for the past 12 months:

I'll dig around and see if I can get more historical stuff.

what happened mid august? was that when teh sa exclusive anime game lp was released?

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

gnarlyhotep posted:

I like that GBS has everyone from people who love it to people who hate it, all posting here no matter how they feel about it. They all post down here.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

what happened mid august? was that when teh sa exclusive anime game lp was released?

we don't do LPs in GBS so idk

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

gamergate happened and the world was changed forever

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

lol the hater himself

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i like sa

i wish goons would cheer up though.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
pound op's butt like a bongo solo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

suck my rectum and then my benis and maybe ill consider not sucking all of ur tiny cocks right off if u liked the shitcum posts of stuntcock and the like oh man
my greasy goon whilst goon my lady whilst :hchatter:

• Locked thread