Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Moola posted:

I'm going to kill myself goodbye

No!!!!!! Moola.... :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i think people look back on this forum a little too fondly. first it was filled with libertarian IT workers then it became a safe space for retarded SJWs and now it's filled with self-hating drunks and junkies which provides for far better comedy than the first two groups imo

i've actually tried reading reddit and the complete lack of self-awareness there is painful. i think if anything happens to these forums we should all commit fatal ODs on heroin, pills and alcohol at the same time i think that is a reasonable way to end these forums

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

also a comet is about to pass by the earth

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

the great deceiver posted:

i think people look back on this forum a little too fondly. first it was filled with libertarian IT workers then it became a safe space for retarded SJWs and now it's filled with self-hating drunks and junkies which provides for far better comedy than the first two groups imo

i've actually tried reading reddit and the complete lack of self-awareness there is painful. i think if anything happens to these forums we should all commit fatal ODs on heroin, pills and alcohol at the same time i think that is a reasonable way to end these forums

Very PYF of u

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Don't dare even posting slightly serious or I will insult you

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
GBS sucks!!

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I posted a funny thread so you all can stop crying

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727759

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

reddit is pretty okay if you like watching slightly less malicious and more well adjusted IT guys make puns and talk stupidly about religion and politics

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bonvivant posted:

reddit is pretty okay if you like watching slightly less malicious and more well adjusted IT guys make puns and talk stupidly about religion and politics

what is enjoyable about that serious question

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
some good points being made itt

personal anecdote here i have never laughed at a post made by the neurotypical majority on reddot and i find sadbrains here v funny

should i go see a mental health professional?

hj henhemjamib
Sep 16, 2007
simply follow these steps and you be Whammin

do u think we will end up on the comet

bonvivant
Oct 1, 2014

I may be racist, transphobic, an antisemite and a misogynist, but I project like an angel ;)

Sonofsilversign posted:

personal anecdote here i have never laughed at a post made by the neurotypical majority on reddot and i find sadbrains here v funny

have you heard of "weird twitter"?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

hj henhemjamib posted:

if you could be on earth

or the comet

where would you be

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

bonvivant posted:

have you heard of "weird twitter"?

isn't that where most of fyad migrated to?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
can someone explain to me how twitter works as a forum substitute

Isnt everything in reverse chronological order and any notion of threads would be lost

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

JebanyPedal posted:

I'm so angry flipping out lol it's nuts!!! I am very mad can u tell haha very mad!!!! :)

oh stop it thats your bread and butter

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

This is the face of Lawful Good!

Fun Shoe
For the record I am crying right now irl

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sonofsilversign posted:

Sad Brains is the #1 cause of death among your demographic, seek aid immediately

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Dongattack posted:

you dont capitlize anything, no apostropes and after you have run spellchecker you delete some randm letters and you are lax about your commas and people look at your posts and go

"yeah this guy is legit and probably posts in fyad all the time"

lol its because people are typing on smart phones a lot of time, diiot FUCKER!!!!

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

are people actually mad itt

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

when sa finally keels over, which it will becauyse lowtax couldn't give a toss about his completely labourless income for some reaosn,where the hell am I gonna go.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

lol so scared when my landlord dies ill have to cultivate my shitposts in a diary

Eumenides
Sep 24, 2007

Fun Shoe
No joke SA is a big deal in regards to the early formation of North American Internet culture, with the whole moot thing and stuff so I think it is good

Edit it BELONGS in a MUSEUM

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Dongattack posted:

you dont capitlize anything, no apostropes and after you have run spellchecker you delete some randm letters and you are lax about your commas and people look at your posts and go

i do this, my posts aer like a classical marblwe sculpture of feigned apathy

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

hj henhemjamib posted:

yes my friend i have been in contact with lowtax (he is not dead friends) and he has sent me a large box containing a brand new pair of white nikes for every gbs poster....soon, friends, soon

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

wrap it up forumailures

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Wait gnarly are you angry at fyad because you interpret inri's gbs threads as trolling? Because most of them seem like pretty sincere attempts at generating some funny posts in the fyad style of everyone riffing on a simple oddball intro post. Personally I think its kind of sweet that he cares enough to try, and it probably stems from the same sentiment as your more literal defense of gbs earlier in the thread. Seeing as we're all into projecting motivations onto each other we might as well go with positive interpretations hey.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Moon Atari posted:

Wait gnarly are you angry at fyad because you interpret inri's gbs threads as trolling? Because most of them seem like pretty sincere attempts at generating some funny posts in the fyad style of everyone riffing on a simple oddball intro post. Personally I think its kind of sweet that he cares enough to try, and it probably stems from the same sentiment as your more literal defense of gbs earlier in the thread. Seeing as we're all into projecting motivations onto each other we might as well go with positive interpretations hey.

no thanks bub! im cry and very ornery right now so ima give it to you

hehe let me respond to this post with a joke projection that tells you im displeased with your post, its very sarcastic hahaha

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

out of my way....big time poster, coming through

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Eumenides posted:

Sad Brains is the #1 cause of death among your demographic, seek aid immediately

so i sought help but they told me to stop smoking weed errday and getting blackout drunk on weekends but those are the only joys in my bleak life...

can someone confirm if this advice is legit?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Moon Atari posted:

yeah I thin k your posts are good probably but sorry I';m a little preoccupied

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

naw some train forum is prolly worse than SA

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I didn't even know there were other forums on the internet

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

btu enoughh abot ur mothrerr

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What do you guys think about ironic facial hair? Shaved my beard off and I usually leave my chin for last. This time decided gently caress it i'll see what it looks like then shave it off. It looks exactly like the evil Abed beard - terrible! And I love it.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What do you guys think about ironic facial hair? Shaved my beard off and I usually leave my chin for last. This time decided gently caress it i'll see what it looks like then shave it off. It looks exactly like the evil Abed beard - terrible! And I love it.

sounds cool af

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dongattack posted:

yea?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

it sux. just kidding - i didnt click on it ,.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

I.N.R.I posted:

it sux. just kidding - i didnt click on it ,.

well you should becasue its extremely good and funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

I.N.R.I posted:

It reminds me of when you see an alcoholic in public or a funeral procession driving past. Everyone who posts here is like 1 epiphany away from crying all the time. Its because theres only depressed people posting in GBS due to the fact its rare for normal people to go on websites like this these days - they all go on reddit or twitter or other websites that happy people like to use. fiurthermore nobody wants to post here because it might make them sad as well if they do

Which bad goon touched your pee pee

• Locked thread