Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
It reminds me of when you see an alcoholic in public or a funeral procession driving past. Everyone who posts here is like 1 epiphany away from crying all the time. Its because theres only depressed people posting in GBS due to the fact its rare for normal people to go on websites like this these days - they all go on reddit or twitter or other websites that happy people like to use. fiurthermore nobody wants to post here because it might make them sad as well if they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
This is the Canned Peas of internet forums

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
If you post a thread that mentions family in the title all of the GBS goons will talk about how they want to beat up their dads and how they walked out on them as children. If you post one about alcohol everyone will say theyre really addicted to drinking and have to do it every day in order to function

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

rezatahs posted:

what is normal anyways?

Trevor from grand theft auto 5 made an epic point about this. He basically tsaid that its actually normal people who are the insane ones. Possibly joker from the batman series also said the same thing. Its funny how the people who write the best works of art always have similar opinions about stuff

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

thathonkey posted:

Goons are broken, miserable. This is news to whom though ?

No offense but this thread isnt supposed to be a news article - Its about Concern Trolling the clinically depressed people who post in GBS with epic truths and redpill knowlegde

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

Its the saddest forum on the internet because as a community formed on the basis of mocking and criticising other communities it inevitably lead to mocking and criticising each other. For a long time this had the benefit of reducing some of the weird stuff that develops from hug box forums and complete anonymity, but eventually lead to people being relentlessly suspicious that other goons were weird internet perverts and hyper self-aware and ashamed of their own goony ways. Of course the user base had always consisted of the only people who would regularly visit a forum: nerds, but in this case the specific breed of nerd with enough social awareness to be embarrassed by their social deficits and weirdness and as such extra vigilant to other weirdos. So everyone became excessively negative towards each other and a greater degree of conformity set in, sapping most of the fun. When even a sites owner seems to openly hate it then its understandable that users might also be ashamed of their membership and seek places that support whatever they are into. On top of this SA has always been deliberately exclusionary, with regular bannings being considered part of the culture. While this was both a lot of fun and beneficial in the glory days it continued beyond a point of sustainability, where even with dwindling registrations the most prolific posters would still be banned. Now even if we were to be punching far above our weight in terms of quality content to active users ratio we still would have nowhere near the output of more heavily trafficked sites. Plus there is little reason for any new posters to reg when anything of value we might accidentally produce will quickly be exported to larger sites that don't charge a fee. So what we're left with is the internet equivalent of a lovely relationship, where everyone is unhappy and determined to make each other equally unhappy, but stuck due to laziness/fear of change/some weird form of masochism. Well at least that's why I'm still here (also i don't understand reddit).

can u make a shorter version :-)?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Beanbox posted:

ERHMMMM...Show me, dear op on this Star Trek blow up doll, where the mods touched you.

They touch me on the weiner and on the rear end a bit

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gnarlyhotep posted:

You sure do post here a lot

Lucky GBS :-)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

gnarlyhotep posted:

Why do you post so much on a forum you don't like

is it because you hate yourself

I love myself unconditionally OP. anyway to answer your question the reason i post in GBS is To read the funny responses

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Boinks posted:

I just noticed the guy on the right isn't wearing socks.

Is he still alive? He should be crowned King Goon or something.

Why does it matter if he wears socks or not?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knyteguy posted:

because his loving shoes will stink jfc

To be honest Im not really bothered if that guys shoes smell like poo poo or not

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Well, Id probably have gay sex with him. Id probably cum on his face

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dongattack posted:

you dont capitlize anything, no apostropes and after you have run spellchecker you delete some randm letters and you are lax about your commas and people look at your posts and go

"yeah this guy is legit and probably posts in fyad all the time"

yea?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

it sux. just kidding - i didnt click on it ,.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Funky See Funky Do posted:

It's kind of hard to be funny and nice or funny and cheerful. Think of all the clean stand ups that won't swear or tell off colour jokes....can't think of a single one because not one of them is funny enough to be successful.

Im funny nice + cheerful

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Bump

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

bradzilla posted:

you've spent $120 just on bans and probably another $60 on your gayass tree avatar to post in the saddest forum on the internet

lol

I dont pay anything. just like every other time i was unbanned for free because i was banend for no reason by the alcoholic depressed old men who moderate GBS, YOSPOS, and all of my other favourite forums that i piost in.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Libelous Slander posted:

this is probably the saddest forum on the internet, OP:
http://www.suicideforum.com/

http://www.suicideforum.com/forums/7-The-Coffee-House?s=dc5615387195787ed5ee854b3860d59e

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1

:P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

corsair posted:

Update: I made the burger

Its pretty :-)

• Locked thread