Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
I'm going on a camping trip with some friends for July 4th. It's in the mountains on one of those assisted camp ground deals, and its next to a river. I've been lots of times, but for the first time ever I'll be spending roughly 24 hours there alone since I'm arriving on Thursday afternoon and the next person gets there Friday afternoon.

I'm really looking forward to the solitude in such a beautiful place, but what the heck should I do with all that free time?? Here are options:

- There's a mountain for hiking and checking out a nice view
- There's a river for raft floating, swimming, other river poo poo
- Beer/alcohol will play into whatever I do
- Probably drugs, too
- There's a full spa right across the street that's associated with the campground so I could get a massage, hot tub, all that spa poo poo
- I could also say gently caress the trappings of the civilized man and shun all of that
- Reading, listening to music
- Bringing drums or other instruments (not very fun by yourself)
- Jack off in the tent

Pretty much anything can be done, but there will be no computer, no video games, no TV, no work, and no friends. What should I do out there? Right now I'm thinking a combo of drinking, hiking, listening to music, and reading, but maybe I'm forgetting something. Help me plan my solitary nature day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
>inventory

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

play Capcom v. SNK 2

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
it doesn't really sound like your going to be all that alone at that campground so just enjoy it

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Applewhite posted:

>inventory

Well it's about 2 weeks out so I could pretty much buy whatever beforehand! I usually bring your regular generic stuff with me: tent, sleeping bag, basic food, cooking stuff to use over an open fire, clothes...I dunno! I may also bring a bike but I'm not sure about that yet. ANd I'll almost definitely bring some sort of inflatable for the river.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

play Capcom v. SNK 2

hahahah

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Luvcow posted:

it doesn't really sound like your going to be all that alone at that campground so just enjoy it

Well I mean there will be other families and stuff but its not like we'll be hanging out! I'll be the only one there in my group from Thursday afternoon until Friday afternoon so I have all of Thursday night and Friday morning to think of poo poo to occupy my time and gently caress napping!!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Bring an inflatable dong for the river.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Summon the devil, idiot.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

see how long you can sit on the bottom of the river, then try to break that record

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
> buy drugs
> do drugs

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
mushroom hunting but don't eat any of them w/o a good mycology book or you'll eat a patch of destroying angel and die

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
Just tell us who you murdered?

Couldn't have been a cop, nothing in the news yet about are heros.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Drink a lot of beer and diddle yourself. Just make yourself at home yknow.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

>post ban me thread

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

fais du bricolage

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Find mushrooms in the forest and hope they work

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
> drink
> go rafting

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
Lots of great suggestions, currently considering summoning the devil and making myself at home.

Hogge Wild posted:

> drink
> go rafting

A most likely choice at this time.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
Um the obvious answer is just stay at home playing video games one extra day and get there when everyone else does.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Build an altar for sacrificing various woodland creatures to the dark god of your choice.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

fais du bricolage

Google seems to tell me this means "do odd jobs". Are you suggesting that I do odd jobs for people out there?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

lil pissbitch posted:

Google seems to tell me this means "do odd jobs". Are you suggesting that I do odd jobs for people out there?

sure

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

Um the obvious answer is just stay at home playing video games one extra day and get there when everyone else does.

Non-refundable deposit :(

Also this just seems like something cool to do. Despite not knowing exactly what I'll do with my time I'm still looking forward to getting my Thoreau on

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

lil pissbitch posted:

Call them quests since you will be in the wilderness.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

a dog from hell posted:

Call them quests since you will be in the wilderness.

You bet your rear end I will! Badass

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
become an unsolved mystery

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Imperil yourself

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

become an unsolved mystery

That would be especially tight because they'd probably find this thread once they started investigating my disappearance

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Or you could just arrive when everyone else does and not be such an over-eager weirdo. Would it kill you to turn up on the friday?

Otherwise I vote for wank in the tent.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

Shirley Crabtree posted:

Or you could just arrive when everyone else does and not be such an over-eager weirdo. Would it kill you to turn up on the friday?

yup

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Yeah it's weird to spend time alone, regardless of intent or context. Better stick to the herd OP or you will get some lovely looks.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

a dog from hell posted:

Yeah it's weird to spend time alone, regardless of intent or context. Better stick to the herd OP or you will get some lovely looks.

This but unironically, it's when the dark thoughts happen.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Get REAL beefy.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
S'more your balls bro

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

lil pissbitch posted:

- There's a full spa right across the street

You're not camping, you're staying alone in a hotel.

Idk, go to the hotel bar and try to chat up the married woman who's out alone on a business trip.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015
lol that being excited to spend time outside earns vocal derision from at least 1 goon. I lvoe this site

Shirley Crabtree posted:

This but unironically, it's when the dark thoughts happen.

I welcome the dark thoughts, they'll be helpful in summoning the Dark one

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lots of weed
spa, obviously
book
hike a bit too assuming there aren't dangerous animals that could kill you nearby or whatever. seems dumb to go off into the woods alone without anyone knowing about it but that probably varies wildly by region.

lil pissbitch
Mar 8, 2015

ghlbtsk posted:

Get REAL beefy.

oh I'll be beefin friend

Roy posted:

You're not camping, you're staying alone in a hotel.

Idk, go to the hotel bar and try to chat up the married woman who's out alone on a business trip.

Make no mistake, I have no illusions about "roughing it" on this trip or anything, it's a very frilly campground with showers and stuff. But I will be camping in a tent in the woods many miles from home! that counts for something I think.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

lil pissbitch posted:

lol that being excited to spend time outside earns vocal derision from at least 1 goon. I lvoe this site

its more that you could spend the day on playstation or something and instead you want to dance around the forest in your undies pissing on owls or whatever its loving fruity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Bring a 14 year old boy back to it and gently caress him

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread