Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Think to yourself "would this post make me laugh if someone else said it?".

if(post=funny){
echo "post";
}else{
$poster = "kill yourself"
}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Seriously practice makes perfect
No pain no gain
Etc

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

Think to yourself "would this post make me laugh if someone else said it?".

if(post=funny){
echo "post";
}else{
$poster = "kill yourself"
}

This code makes 0 sense im beginning to think it might be fake

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

gnarlyhotep posted:

you don't use them either, given how bad your posting is

i know you are just keeping up appearances and thats ok i like you too buddy

IllCamino
Oct 9, 2010

You poke 'em on!
new data's in

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

thathonkey posted:

This code makes 0 sense im beginning to think it might be fake

You're right. I forgot a semi colon.

IllCamino
Oct 9, 2010

You poke 'em on!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

You're right. I forgot a semi colon.

I peer reviewed your weak rear end code and fixed the bugs that would allow $poster to live and continue posting despite being deemed unfunny by the system. someone install this patch into the forums software immediately and we might just be able to turn this ship!

code:
if(post == funny){
echo "post";
}else{
$poster = null;
die();
}

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
lol if you don't lol @ ur own posts

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

thathonkey posted:

I peer reviewed your weak rear end code and fixed the bugs that would allow $poster to live and continue posting despite being deemed unfunny by the system. someone install this patch into the forums software immediately and we might just be able to turn this ship!

code:
if(post == funny){
echo "post";
}else{
$poster = null;
die();
}

We both forgot a dollar sign. This will break the forums. Also we should probably set $post to NULL instead of $poster. We want them to not make a post and then die.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Windows 98 posted:

We both forgot a dollar sign. This will break the forums. Also we should probably set $post to NULL instead of $poster. We want them to not make a post and then die.

ah gently caress do you think we can invoice lowtax for this poo poo

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fetus Tree posted:

i know you are just keeping up appearances and thats ok i like you too buddy

nothing personal, I have a quota to maintain

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

nothing personal, I have a quota to maintain

gassed my thread for a one-off joke, eh? have you ever considered looking into getting your hotep un-gnarled cause you have done gone and cramped the gently caress out of my style. kinks all up in this.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

thathonkey posted:

gassed my thread for a one-off joke, eh? have you ever considered looking into getting your hotep un-gnarled cause you have done gone and cramped the gently caress out of my style. kinks all up in this.

Deal With It

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

gnarlyhotep posted:

Deal With It

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

this is how you get better at posting OP

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HENGRY BUNG posted:

I want to be good, but I'm too scared to post because of self confidence. I've never posted a good post, but I've fake written a lot of them by going into a popular thread, memorizing the contents and rewriting it out into a new thread, but instead of clicking submit post or new thread, I close my browser and pretend I posted it originally. Sometimes I dream of making th egood post and I wake up excited and happy to read all the comments on my good thread I made the night before, so I login and go to my post history and see that it's empty and that I never made it, then I'm sad and mopey the rest of the day.

You don't get better. You peak the day you join the forums and then it's all down hill from there.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

I said come in! posted:

You don't get better. You peak the day you join the forums and then it's all down hill from there.

speak for yourself

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I am peaking as we speak

Im cumming

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
just post when you feel like it op. a little post here, a little there and then if anyone busts your balls it was never a big deal anyway.

in other words go post in byob (don't actually do this, i heard posts there don't add to your post count)

also make good use of emotes and know which emotes to use so you look like you fit in. here's a test so you can practice:

which one of the following emotes is NOT a popular emote?

a) :chanpop: b):commissar: c) :vince: d) :allears:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

post what you like, but have it stay around a general "theme" or gimmick

this will make you a bland white noise poster or even a good white noise poster if you have a good gimmick

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be the Three Olives that you want to see in the forums.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Three Olives posted:

in addendum to my post the "smarmy trust fund faggy" posting gimmick has already been taken

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
You need 10,000 posts before you can finally be a master at it. The faster you type "I'm Gay" and hit reply to reach that milestone the quicker you'll get forums cred.

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013
alternatively, read roland barthes' seminal essay titled "death of the author" and kill yourself

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Three Olives posted:

It's not fair to the newbs for you to parade around in your veteran posting rear end shorts

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gnarlyhotep posted:

It's not fair to the newbs for you to parade around in your veteran posting rear end shorts

Chaps. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Call them what you want, you know you're starting riots in thos things

• Locked thread