Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which rule should mods enforce during July?
This poll is closed.
No cussing - Swearing during July will be probatable 244 31.08%
Mandatory smilies - Every post must include a smiley. 194 24.71%
Mandatory cussing - Making a post without swearing during July will be probatable 347 44.20%
Total: 785 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want to see a mod eat a citrus fruit. Skin and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Same

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

gnarly eat the lemon

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Bunch of weirdos

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I hope the rule with the lowest votes wins in a spectacular mod twist

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

This is the second time you've asked for this. Do you have a "mods eating citrus" fetish?

People are worried about your nutrition and are trying to prevent scurvy. Maybe you should switch to gin & tonics as you can ease your way into a citrus habit by piggybacking it on another habit.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ancient Mariner posted:

People are worried about your nutrition and are trying to prevent scurvy. Maybe you should switch to gin & tonics as you can ease your way into a citrus habit by piggybacking it on another habit.

Well I dunno, malaria is major big killer of mods

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

:dance:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

no homegrown on the forums gnarls, you know better

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
do it like this:

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdHZ5hp45Fc

good poo poo starts at 2:45

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I gotta say, I don't think any of you jerks can go a month without swearing, so that would be the funnier rule. Mandatory swearing just will make unfunny dweebs compete for lamest new swear.

How is this not patently obvious?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Hogge Wild posted:

do it like this:

:nws:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdHZ5hp45Fc

good poo poo starts at 2:45

:stare:

what a terrifying sound

like a runaway washing machine with a running vacuum cleaner in it

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gnarlyhotep posted:

:stare:

what a terrifying sound

like a runaway washing machine with a running vacuum cleaner in it

Now we know how the sound effects for the teletubbies vacuum cleaner were made

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

So barring a statistical miracle, it's mandatory swearing for all of July then.

Lucky I'm a loving foulmouth already, even though I voted no cussing (for a change).

If you can't fuckin' beat 'em, fuckin' join 'em (and beat your fucken meat instead).

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
it's gonna really spice things up just putting the f word at the bottom or top of every post

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i wonder if the loving cussing cunts if its in sig

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i have sigs off

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Fer gently caress's sake, swearing is like punctuation. Having to force it in to every post is like being required to .insert; random ? punctuation oR SOmE OtHeR noNsenSe.

I think invoking "no swearing" would be more of a challenge - hell, it used to be one of our common drinking game rules.

As was said before, the required swearing will just end with a lot of posts being closed with...

gently caress.

Basically, I agree with:

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

it's gonna really spice things up just putting the f word at the bottom or top of every post

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i have faith that the 1 and 1/8th active moderators of GBS will be able to enforce a rule governing every single post made on this forum for an entire month

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

CaptainSarcastic posted:

gently caress.

Basically, I agree with:

thanks man wanna hit up the courthouse later and share some civil liberties

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012

thathonkey posted:

i have faith that the 1 and 1/8th active moderators of GBS will be able to enforce a rule governing every single post made on this forum for an entire month

It's up to us, the community, to police ourselves and report to the mods when someone doesn't say cuss words.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
report the mods

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

thanks man wanna hit up the courthouse later and share some civil liberties

I think the Supreme Court ruling means we have to, doesn't it?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
"mod & admin sass is legal" is obviously the best rule but i know they'd never actually approve it because ralps tender delicate feelers would get boo-boos and he would have to get his mommy to kiss it and make it better

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

OMGVBFLOL posted:

"mod & admin sass is legal" is obviously the best rule but i know they'd never actually approve it because ralps tender delicate feelers would get boo-boos and he would have to get his mommy to kiss it and make it better

you can always sass me :wink:

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BigBoss posted:

These are all terrible.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

gnarlyhotep posted:

you probate people for bullshit reasons

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
frankly, you should gas this thread and then we all pretend this contest never happened

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

thathonkey posted:

frankly, you should gas this thread and then we all pretend this contest never happened

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I'd also like to vote in favor of pics of gnarly in a lemon party

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Friendly Tumour posted:

you probate people for bullshit reasons

you asking?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
nah

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It seems like "no swearing" would be easier to implement, because then you could just search on the obvious offending words and rely on reports for people trying to get around the rule using weird spellings and the like.

Searching for posts without swearing in them seems like it would be a lot harder to do, and would really only work by means of reports or by actually reading each and every thread.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
general bull poo poo forums moderator gnarlyhoptep does not in fact probate people for bull poo poo reasons

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CaptainSarcastic posted:

It seems like "no swearing" would be easier to implement, because then you could just search on the obvious offending words and rely on reports for people trying to get around the rule using weird spellings and the like.

Searching for posts without swearing in them seems like it would be a lot harder to do, and would really only work by means of reports or by actually reading each and every thread.

fun fact: moderating for any particular thing, or lack thereof, is not easy

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

gnarlyhotep posted:

fun fact: moderating for any particular thing, or lack thereof, is not easy

I figured that was the case, and that GBS has got be a huge bastard to moderate most of the time in general. I do appreciate your work in that regard, by the way.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

CaptainSarcastic posted:

allow me to disabuse you of the notion that any of these rules will be enforced for longr than a day or two

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

gnarlyhotep posted:

:bernget:

hmm

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

haha guys did you see Donny he said the gently caress word rofl

GAY PISS poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets play the Penis game hahaha

poo poo im late for ms. brown's third period algebra! arGH!

Ms Sadler is a loving BITCH!!!

• Locked thread