Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Cary

"Hunting it is!"
Cary makes an odd hop forward, then takes an extra half-second to line up her shot.
"Ah, dangit. Too far away! Stragen, draw them in! Er, please."

Init 18, attack L.Gob 1 24 for 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lesser Goblin 1 is at 4/11 HP

Lesser Goblin 2 is killed!

Map update:

Agni, you're still up for your turn before the Goblins will move

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Agni, Aasimar Fire Mage

Agni moves up with the others, getting a better look at the goblins that have appeared. It seems the group was taking them down, and well goblins are usually hostile anyway, so he proceeds to do the same.

He hurls a bolt of flame toward the injured goblin, finishing it off.

Move 30' toward the goblins.
Fire bolt (ranged touch attack) vs lesser goblin 1 1d20+3 17 for 1d6+1 4 Fire damage.
Well finally rolled okay on a d20 roll, kind of blah on the damage roll though, but still enough to finish the goblin.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lesser Goblin 1 is killed!

Map update after Agni's turn:

Enemy turn:

Lesser Goblin 3 moves up to Fleabag, attacks, and misses!
Lesser Goblin attack: 1d20+3 15 1d6+2 4

Lesser Goblin 4 moves up to Stragen, attacks, and hits for 5 damage
Lesser Goblin attack: 1d20+3 21 1d6+2 5

The four Goblins at the back reposition themselves to get better angles, take aim with their shortbows, and fire

Lesser Goblins 5 and 7 shoot at Fleabag: the first one hits for 6 damage, and the second one misses
Lesser Goblin two ranged attacks: 1d20+2 20 1d4+2 6 1d20+2 11 1d4+2 4

Lesser Goblins6 and 8 shoot at Stragen, and both miss!
Lesser Goblin two ranged attacks: 1d20+2 8 1d4+2 6 1d20+2 9 1d4+2 6

Map update after the Goblins' turn:

End of Round 1. It is your turn again

pre:
Lesser Goblin
HP 11/11
AC 13, Touch AC 12, Flat-footed AC 12
Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2, CMD 13

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Jul 1, 2015

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Stragen

"DON'T WORRY. I GOT THIS." Stragen points with his rapier at the goblin in front of him, then comically draws it across his throat.

Stragen full attacks Lesser Goblin 4. Rapier misses on a 7, Kukri hits for 11 damage.

Clearly, the rapier across the throat was a cunning ploy to distract the goblin from being shanked in the liver. Clearly.

e: Whoops, got a little too excited and read the modified attack as the number on the die. Did not, in fact, crit the goblin.

Bleu fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jul 1, 2015

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lesser Goblin 4 is killed!

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Cary

"Haha! Blood! Blood!! Seh la seh goe shaaa...."

A pair of arrows thwip past the melee, towards the forward archer goblin, as Cary begins to sing some no doubt abominable merfolk hunting song. It's not entirely clear since it is another language, but she seems to be a poor singer. Or... merely an overly enthusiastic one? Perhaps dwarven songs would suit her better...

Use wind reader swift (2/4 left), full attack rapid shot for 2 at +5 for 1d8, attack L.Gob 5 19 for 6 and 22 for 4, sing 6.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lesser Goblin 5 takes 10 damage and is down to 1/11 HP

The rest of the pack snarl all the louder at that awful sound.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Fleabag attempts to strike at the goblin in front of him, missing both attacks. "Things is startin' to look unfriendly-wise, gents. It might be that discretion is the better part of valorsome actions." With a bit of duck and weave, he disengages from the goblin, moving back besides Agni. "C'mon, Muscles. Time t'drop by."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Agni, Aasimar Fire Mage

Agni looks at Fleabag with some confusion. "What?" He assumes the cat wants him to actually get in there and put his life on the line. He is not real thrilled with the idea, but he does want to make up for his past actions, and it does sound somewhat heroic. So he reluctantly moves forward. "Uh please save me if they end up attacking me."

He steps up between two of the goblins, one rather heavily injured then mutters, "I hope this works." Then he explodes into flame. The flames wash away from him out to a ten foot radius, catching four of the goblins within.

Move directly between lesser goblin 3 and 5.
Fire Burst DC 14 Reflex save for half, fail also Burns for 1d6+1 5 Fire damage, half on a successful save, to goblins 5, 3, 7, and 8. If any fail the save they not only take full damage but also catch Fire from the Burn feat, not sure if they get another save DC 13 to avoid or if that is only for when punching things. Burn has them take 1d6+1 fire damage per round until they put it out. Either way lesser goblin 5 should be dead.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ryuujin posted:

Move directly between lesser goblin 3 and 5.
Fire Burst DC 14 Reflex save for half, fail also Burns for 1d6+1 5 Fire damage, half on a successful save, to goblins 5, 3, 7, and 8. If any fail the save they not only take full damage but also catch Fire from the Burn feat, not sure if they get another save DC 13 to avoid or if that is only for when punching things. Burn has them take 1d6+1 fire damage per round until they put it out. Either way lesser goblin 5 should be dead.

If I'm not mistaken, a movement of S-S-SE-SE, or a movement of S-S-SE-S would provoke an attack of opportunity from Lesser Goblin 3. Just making sure.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Phone posting, missed the updated map. Can't really do this without getting an OA it looks like, if I can maybe move around the hole and end at the 4 I can instead hit all of the goblins with my 10' burst.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Agni draws an AOO from Lesser Goblin 3: and he gets hit for 5 damage
Lesser Goblin OA: 1d20+3 17 1d6+2 5

He continues moving into the middle of the pack of Goblins, then unleashes his Fire Burst
Lesser Goblin 3: 16
Lesser Goblin 5: 17
Lesser Goblin 6: 22
Lesser Goblin 7: 20
Lesser Goblin 8: 14
All of them save successfully and take 2 damage each, although that kills Lesser Goblin 5

Saving throws vs Fire Burst: 1d20+3 16 1d20+3 17 1d20+3 22 1d20+3 20 1d20+3 14

Map update after the party's turn:

pre:
Lesser Goblin 3: 9/11 HP
Lesser Goblin 6: 9/11 HP
Lesser Goblin 7: 9/11 HP
Lesser Goblin 8: 9/11 HP

Lesser Goblin
Goblin's Turn

Lesser Goblin 3 moves up to Stragen and attacks: and misses!
Attack against Stragen: 1d20+3 12 1d6+2 4

Lesser Goblins 7 and 8 shoot at Agni (with a penalty for shooting into a melee): and both of them just barely miss!
Lesser Goblin ranged attacks: 1d20+2-4 13 1d4+2 6 1d20+2-4 14 1d4+2 5

Lesser Goblin 6 tries to switch to its dagger, but draws an attack of opportunity from Agni first: the OA hits, and Goblin 6 takes 1 damage
The Goblin then needs to pass a DC 13 Reflex save to avoid getting set on fire by the Burn feat: it succeeds
Finally it takes a slash at Agni: and misses!
Unarmed Attack of Opportunity: 1d20-2 14 1d3-2 0
Burn feat saving throw: 1d20+3 19 1d6 1
Melee attack against Agni: 1d20+3 14 1d6+2 3

Map update after the Goblins' turn:

pre:
Lesser Goblin 3: 9/11 HP
Lesser Goblin 6: 8/11 HP (now using a dagger)
Lesser Goblin 7: 9/11 HP

Lesser Goblin
End of Round 2. It is your turn again.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Stragen

"WOAH! WA'CHAOW! EEYAH!" The historically accurate halfling battlecries unnerve the blade-wielding goblin in front of Stragen long enough for him to tumble into a better position.

Stragen declares an Acrobatic Gambit as a swift action, then uses Acrobatics to tumble around Lesser Goblin 3 with a 20, recovering 4 maneuvers and granting himself and anyone else a bonus 1d6+4 damage if they strike Lesser Goblin 3 this round.

Having spun around to the back of the hapless goblin, Stragen feeds it several feet of steel.

Stragen critically threatens with a 20 on the die, confirming with a 17. The goblin gets splattered for 31 damage.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lesser Goblin 3 is super absolutely killed to death!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
"No, drop by means run away, you blinkered..." Fleabag bites off the rest of the insult and rushes forward to protect the foolhardy mage. He effortlessly and swinging his rapier at the goblin next to Agni, missing once again.

Charging lesser goblin 6. Sprinter gives me an extra ten feet of movement if it's necessary. 20 on the acrobatics check to clear the pit. Attacking for 9. My AC is 16 and I have five hit points left. The dice want us to die.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Cary

The singing continues. Perhaps it's the bloodloss, but it's sounding progressively more angelic. Further shots thwip past, at the isolated archer goblin.

Sing 24, wind reader (1/4 left), 2 attacks on L.Gob 7 24 for 5 and 22 for 1. Gobdammit all these 19s wtf.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Map update after Stragen, Fleabag and Cary's turns:

pre:
Lesser Goblin 7: 3/11 HP

Lesser Goblin

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Agni, Aasimar Fire Mage
AC: 15 | FF: 12 | Touch: 13 | For: +5 | Ref: +5 | Will: +2
HP: 6/11 Resists: Fire 2 | Acid 5 | Cold 5 | Electricity 5

Agni looks to Fleabag again. "Oh, well perhaps if you were clearer I wouldn't have made that mistake." Seeing the others rush up right into where he would have unleashed his flames he instead carefully steps back away from the goblins, and once more flings a bolt of fire at the most injured looking goblin, but between his confusion over Fleabag's terminology, and his hasty retreat from the goblins, he ends up missing.

5' step to square directly south of Stragen.
Fire Bolt (ranged touch attack) vs lesser goblin 7 1d20+3 7 for 1d6+1 6 Fire damage.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Map update after Agni's turn:

Goblin Turn:

The goblins yip loudly at having driven back the flaming man, and focus their efforts on the parkouring Catfolk

Lesser Goblins 7 and 8 shoot at Fleabag (with a penalty for shooting into a melee): and both of them miss!
Ranged attacks against Fleabag: 1d20+2-4 17 1d4+2 4 1d20+2-4 12 1d4+2 3

Lesser Goblin 6 makes its stabbing attack against Fleabag: and also misses!
Melee attack against Fleabag: 1d20+3 14 1d6+2 7

pre:
Lesser Goblin 7: 3/11 HP

Lesser Goblin
No change in the map status.

End of Round 3. It is your turn again.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Stragen

Having abandoned consonants in the midst of battle fever, Stragen screeches at the recoiling goblins about yurts and the Hobgoblin Illuminati as he springs into their midst, striking furiously.

Stragen declares another Acrobatic Gambit and tumbles past Lesser Goblin 6 with a 22 into the tile beside Lesser Goblin 6 and 8, refreshing maneuvers and granting everyone 1d6+4 damage on hit to Lesser Goblin 6 until next round. Then, he uses Swift Claws to stab twice at Lesser Goblin 8, missing with the rapier on a 10 and hitting with the kukri on a 16 for 13 damage.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Cary

Another pair of arrows thwip at the newly unbalanced goblin, one getting dodged while the second lands right in the little thing's neck.
The singing continues, though it's ebbing now that there's only a single, wounded goblin left, and she abruptly stops.

"Should we interrogate it? Knock it out!"

Wind reader (0/4 left), attack L.Gob 6 with a 9 miss and a 15 for 13, sing 15.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Fleabag

With Stragen in position, he uses the distraction provided by the halfling to attack with both weapons. While the rapier, aided by Stragen's timely distraction, slices the goblin terribly, the short sword skewers it.. He tips the body off his sword and onto the ground and turns his attention toward the last of the goblins.

My roll history is slightly messed up. I misread the post initially and thought goblin 6 had used a ranged attack, granting an attack of opportunity. Was a good hit, too. Thankfully unnecessary, as both sneak attacks from flank hit, with the rapier at 20 and the short sword at 16. Rapier did 12 damage (2 from the rapier and sneak attack, 10 from Stragen's awesome maneuver), while the short sword did 19 (9 from the short sword and sneak attack, 10 from the maneuver) for a total of 31 damage. Goblin is dead, son.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
... and you knock out Lesser Goblin 7. No sense dragging it out with more combat rounds, just tell me how one of you did it. And what you plan to do with the Goblin afterwards.

You also recover loot from the battle*

Scroll of Cure Moderate Wounds (150 gp)
Scroll of Flaming Sphere (150 gp)
Scroll of Mage Armor (25 gp)

Eagle's Splendor Potion (300 gp)
Cure Light Wounds Potion (50 gp)
Potion of Blur (300 gp)
Potion of Guidance (25 gp)

Masterwork Dagger (302 gp)
Masterwork Scimitar (315 gp)
Masterwork Buckler (165 gp)

(the gp value in parentheses is the selling price, if and when you want to sell it when you get back to town)

and 1892 gp (473 gp each if you split it evenly)

As all of you (except Cary) has seen, this tunnel widens and turns off to the left. Right now you don't sense anyone else, but a slight breeze and Fleabag's keen sense of smell tells him that there's more Goblins that're farther down the large stone cavern, even if they're a ways away.

* this is a hack-and-slash game, so I gotta reward y'all with loot, and I don't want to have to contort an in-universe justification for where all this stuff is coming from. Maybe they just drop it when they die.

EDIT: The weapons and the buckler are Masterwork. Also, you don't need UMD to cast those scrolls.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Jul 3, 2015

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Cary

"Holy poo poo look at all this stuff. Wonder why they didn't use any of it? Also this is like enough money right here for me to get along for, like, years. This is great, I should've found an adventuring party earlier. Kobolds just have coal and sometimes copper, which is sort of valuable but also heavy."

Cary kind of half crouches (it's really hard to describe merfolk sitting positions, okay) over the goblin, staring at it.
"I wanna interrogate it. Second best part of hunting things that can talk is gaining intelligence on enemy strength and composition. Namely, why did they dig that big hole in the middle of town. Also, where are the hobgoblins."

She nods.
"Can anyone think of other questions? We can't discuss it during the interrogation itself. If it senses weakness it'll start to mock us and grow uncooperative. That's what my brother always said."

As she looks around the rest of the party, she starts to frown, and tilts her head.
"Hmmmm. You guys look pretty roughed up. We really need a healer. Could we hire a healer? Aren't adventurers supposed to be able to hire min... wait, no, minions are for villains. Adventurers hire... hirelings? Followers? Henchmen? Mercenaries. We should go back to town and see if we can hire mercenaries. Yes."

zachol fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jul 3, 2015

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
"I'm cozy with Scales on this one," Fleabag says, sniffing the air. "He's got jimmies, even if they're presidin' down a ways, an' they're like to come check on this lot soon. Best we patch up, tickle some tales out of the greenie, an' get a map on the goin's-on in goblin town." He picks up the dagger and slips it through his belt. It wouldn't be a terrible idea to have something throwable on his person. He grabbed the goblin under the arms and hefted it up. "Muscles, you help Scales back up. Flames, grab the blessings an' lets go."

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Stragen

Stragen scrambles up off the ground from where he dropkicked the last goblin into unconsciousness. "But it shot me in the-oh, whatever, wasn't that bad." Stragen cuts the sentence short, dusts off his leathers, and helps Cary with the long and arduous journey back up to the surface world.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cary: you canvass among the townsfolk for anyone willing to help, and eventually one of them manages to get a word in edgewise. Glenda volunteers to use her bandages and poultices and knowledge of healing practices to help the party get back on its feet.

Glenda can, in between battles, heal each of you for a maximum daily amount equal to your max HP. She has no skill in combat, so she'll stay back unless something particularly dire happens or you really need her to get in there.

Everyone: Stragen ties up the goblin but good in the tavern's sturdiest looking chair. He'll come to soon.

Describe how you're going to interrogate him, and then roll with the relevant skill to see how many questions he'll answer truthfully.

No more attackers followed you out of the underground, but the occasional temblor belies the peace. You have time to do maybe one more thing besides the interrogation before you'll need to deal with the tunnel on a more permanent basis.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Cary

"Hey everyone this is the new mercenary Glenda, Glenda this is Stragen, Agni and Fleabag. Glenda's agreed to patch us up! She's great. Also, Glenda, this is my yak. I didn't necessarily mention it but I'd appreciate if you kept an eye on it too. I haven't seen any around lately and I'm not sure where I'd get another one. Also this is a goblin."
She stares at the goblin for a little bit.
"Looks like it's waking up. Hm."

She 'crouches,' head level with the goblin's, and smiles pleasantly as it stirs.
"Hello! My name is Charybdis Bluescales. Sorry about shooting you before! Do you speak the common tongue? What's going on with the big hole?"

No roll yet, but gearing up for an intimidate.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Stragen

Stragen ostentatiously pulls out his kukri and begins sharpening it in front of the goblin, staring at him and mouthing the word, "Yurts." Then, he cuts his finger, drops the kukri with a curse, and completely ruins the effect.

Stragen tries to aid in the Intimidate check, but fails with a 9.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
"C'mon, don't you wanna be helpful, greenie?" Fleabag says, diplomatic as a fart i church.

Got a six on my diplomacy roll. Gonna guess that probably didn't help much.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The goblin neither scared by Stragen's attempt to intimidate, nor is he swayed by Fleabag's sweet-talk.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Cary

The mermaid's eyes track briefly left and right as her party members fumble around, and she keeps smiling, and leans in to whisper in the goblin's ear.
"Eheh. Aren't they just adorable kittens. So cute. That one is even literally a kitten, mmm?"

She pulls back, looking into the goblin's eyes. Her pupils are thin slits, and the normal whites are clouded red with blood, little threads of it spreading in from the sides, tinting the eyes a deep crimson. She leans in, smile turning into a grin, her mouth unfolding to reveal rows and rows of needle-sharp teeth.
She whispers quietly into its ear, barely audible even to the goblin, one arm wrapped around it, pulling tight, claws starting to dig into its shoulder, and her teeth are so, so close to its neck.
"I was watching you, and realized I hadn't thought through what we were going to do with you afterwards. When you're done talking. Or if you don't talk. I was thinking that it would be very unheroic to kill you outright, and we're all trying very hard to be good heroic adventurers here, but likewise we can't just let you loose in town, so I was going to suggest I take you a ways out of town, bound and on my yak, and then set you free there, a few miles out. Catch and release. Like fish. By then we'll have killed all the other goblins down there, exterminated your tribe, so you'd want to go somewhere else instead of coming back. Right? Right. So I was going to propose that, since I was the one who wanted to catch you, so I'd do the release too. I think they'd buy it. Like I said, they're kittens.
"But I'm telling you now, I've been faintly, gnawingly hungry, for a very long time, and I haven't had a chance to enjoy a meal in a while. So if I were to take all that time to haul you away, I'd want to get something out of it, especially if you'd wasted my time and made me look so stupid by not answering any questions, when I'm the one who wanted to catch you. So, if that were to happen, and I were to find myself in that situation, well... well, let me tell you two things, I'm not sure if you know or not. First, meat tastes just wonderful when it's seasoned by pain and panic. And, second, I am very good at not bleeding things out too quickly. I learned from the best, and have years and years of experience, and blood clots much quicker in air, so I'm sure I'd do even better up here. I'm sure we could have fun for a very long time."

She pulls back, eyes normal, and mouth returned to that faint smile, showing only a hint of white.
"So. Questions. Why the hole?"

Intimidate 22.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Hell of a speech, nice job

The little green man seems to shrink even further at Cary's threat, and begins jabbering in a low, guttural voice

"Tribe ... run over by hobbos ... told to make hole ... dig under river ... sack towns by surprise ... bridge too big, but hole not consp ... consss ... hole hidden"

The party can ask up to three more questions (and he will answer them truthfully)

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Stragen

"HOBGOBRINS!" Stragen yells around the thumb stuck inside his mouth. "I thold you sho." He races up to the chair and gives it a one-handed shake - more like a wobble, really. A firm rocking. "Tell me about the hobgoblins! Who's leading them to attack innocents? Is it a demon? Is it two demons!?"

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Cary

Cary shrugs.
"It probably doesn't know. Slaves are not meant to understand the twisty plots of their masters."
She leans back a little, peering at the goblin.
"The tunnel goes under the river, hmm? From where? Where is the base?"

She glances over at the others.
"I say we sabotage it. Dig up into the river, flood the tunnel, make it useless. The water will erode the walls and collapse parts of it... hmm. It might collapse the buildings it's under, though. Hmm hmm hmm."

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
"'Ow many are down there, gobs an' hobs?" Fleabag asks. "Might be they come boilin' out when we douse 'em. I'm likin' your map, though, Scales. Though, it can't be too many, or why the tunnel, you catch? Might be they know they've been tipped, they call it off, come up with a new plan later. No blessings in a failed ambush."

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Stragen:

"Me not know!", the goblin shrieks, briefly struggling against his bonds. "Hobbos are also subs ... they co-cooooow ... they also scared!"

Cary:

The goblin thrusts its nose vaguely in the direction of the opposite side of the river, "tribe coming through there, big tooth rats too. Hobbos give us big wood, for to make reinf ... buttr ... to make tunnel strong."

Fleabag:

"Big tribe coming, but none as strong as we! We advance party, clear path for rest of many warriors"

At that, the goblin briefly remembers that he's the only survivor left of that group. A sense of loneliness overtakes him, and he falls silent.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Cary

"Hmm. I think that's all we're getting out of it. I still think we should sabotage the tunnel, we probably can't exterminate all the hobs and gobs singlehandedly. Lucky for you all, I can stay down there and swim around when it floods, monitor it."
She ponders a little bit.
"Although if these were the strongest, then the rest should be... somewhat easy?"

Another pause, and a nod.
"So I was thinking for this goblin, what to do now... we can't release it nearby, and... releasing it elsewhere still makes it a country goblin, a menace. So I was thinking, maybe we can keep it around as a mercenary, and convert it into an adventurer. Being an adventurer supersedes other considerations, so if we make it an adventurer, then we can set it free and it won't be a menace, but instead a hero. Which I assume must be a heroic deed."
This shouldn't seem sensible to anyone.
"Alternatively, we can bring it to the city, to Stoneburg, and release it there. Then it will be a city goblin, and not a menace. If it stays. If it leaves..."
She peers into its eyes, grinning slightly.
"...or if it runs beforehand, it knows what would happen."

e: vv saving up for a masterwork composite +2 longbow for 600 gp.

zachol fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jul 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
By the by, if you want to buy anything with your gold, feel free to do so. There's a shop in town that has pretty much any equipment you might need.

• Locked thread