Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

that's pretty cool

I agree with the sentiment up to a point, but why? it's not like posters dot com is selling replicas of Nazi propaganda posters or the NYT selling reprints of old anti-Japanese front pages. this stuff should totally exist and be stored in museums/libraries, it seems weird to continue selling and profiting off it

e: I'm gonna leave this cause maybe posters dot com does sell that poo poo, I haven't looked, so if I'm being an idiot I would like to let everyone know it. but I think it's weird to be making money off of old racist propaganda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

indigi posted:

I agree with the sentiment up to a point, but why? it's not like posters dot com is selling replicas of Nazi propaganda posters or the NYT selling reprints of old anti-Japanese front pages. this stuff should totally exist and be stored in museums/libraries, it seems weird to continue selling and profiting off it

e: I'm gonna leave this cause maybe posters dot com does sell that poo poo, I haven't looked, so if I'm being an idiot I would like to let everyone know it. but I think it's weird to be making money off of old racist propaganda

people who write books about history profit from it. should they not?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

people who write books about history profit from it. should they not?

information wants to be freeeeeeeeee!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The voice over was from some Jewish lady named Whoopi Goldberg

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

maniacdevnull posted:

The voice over was from some Jewish lady named Whoopi Goldberg

yeah i saw that. good stuff

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tusen Takk posted:

i think the best solution here is to burn the south and salt the earth; grind their holy places to dust and cast their Robert E Lee and Forrest idols into the sea.

yes burning the region of the US where all of the black people live is a great idea to solve racism

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

yes burning the region of the US where all of the black people live is a great idea to solve racism

okay fine we'll just burn the white people

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

http://molleindustria.org/booFlag/

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

okay fine we'll just burn the white people

Can we get a ban for this racist filth

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
great, tone arguments. :rolleyes:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
freak that bitch out tone

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
They reversed it.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

emoji posted:

They reversed it.

the flag is symmetrical on both axes, not sure how that would change anything

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
didn't civ1 have Hitler in it until they pussied out and put Bismarck in civ2

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Smythe posted:

freak that bitch out tone

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
jfc

keymaster02
Mar 11, 2014

I had sex with a 32-year old at 16. SA is run by SJWs. Liking 16-year olds is not pedophilia. I hate your pronoun. I like young boys. I donate to the NAACP and probably NAMBLA too.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

that have the confederate flag. i think it's sort of missing the point. erasing history can do damage to society. having it in games and stories is a reminder of what we now see as ignorant. if we don't have these reminders, then over time humanity could make the same mistakes all over again

it's different than hanging the confederate flag on buildings or your home

Isnt this supposed to be the funny computer forum? gas thread, ban op.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wintering stinkbug

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

kwinkles posted:

you could argue that having those same six flags on the state seal is not showing any more loyalty to the confederacy than it is to france, spain, or mexico, but the confederacy was never an internationally recognized state and the others were so it's kinda hosed up that it is on the state seal and that the confederate seal is on the capitol building along with the other five seals.

Ya while I understand the desire to remove blatant references to the Confederate flag (like, say, removing one flying at a state capital), you have to draw the line somewhere. The Confederacy was a big deal and there are a lot of indirect references to it, like the texas state seal.

Or, fun fact, the LSU Tigers are a reference to the "Tiger Rifles" from the Civil War. Should we rename the Tigers? Obviously thats not going to happen.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

emoji posted:

They reversed it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

people are dumb as gently caress close thread.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

removing the flag from historical contexts or media is kind of dumb but i'm not upset if you can't buy a confederate flag strapon anymore

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

removing the flag from historical contexts or media is kind of dumb but i'm not upset if you can't buy a confederate flag strapon anymore

They should digitally replace all the CSA flags in the movie Gettysburg with rainbow flags. There, now everyone would be happy.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i prefer my rectums bone-in

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
wellah perfer mah shitlins wit sum cone bread and some collard greens., yessuh

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
i prefer my organic mammalian alimentary refuse ducts to be cleaned by a premortem diet of organic indigestible cellulose fiber and sweetcorn before i insert them thustly into my pie hole-style orifice..

Phoning It In
Oct 17, 2010
same

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

maniacdevnull posted:

They should digitally replace all the CSA flags in the movie Gettysburg with rainbow flags. There, now everyone would be happy.

Remove all media with Nazi flags

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

ADINSX posted:

Or, fun fact, the LSU Tigers are a reference to the "Tiger Rifles" from the Civil War. Should we rename the Tigers? Obviously thats not going to happen.

Just like the Red Skins shouldn't be renamed.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
apple is now putting some games back into the app store that have the confederate flag; slowly enough so no one notices

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

apple is now putting some games back into the app store that have the confederate flag; slowly enough so no one notices

Lmao "ugh guys, I think we hosed up."

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
countdown to custer's revenge port

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

#hatewins

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
quick reminder that they are not games that contain the symbol of a insurrectionist nation that fought for the right to own slaves, they are entertainment apps that contain the symbol of an insurrectionist nation that fought for the right to own slaves

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Edu-tainment

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mods change my name to edutaynement

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

open beta testing assures profit even when a failed concept is rescinded. does taytay get mo money if her music is streamed by dummy accounts created to exploit proceeds from the free trial of the streaming app?

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
i'd rather lisren to a drunken blues guitarist possessed by the devil using a sawed off bottleneck on his ring finger as a slide than hear the clear channel iheartmusic debauchery known as a subtle manipulation of a slackjawed and inbread southern demograph determine what is good and cool when facing their genitals while texting at the dinner table

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Triglav posted:

eliminate all symbols of oppression i say. also im the one who decides what is and isnt one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Has anyone said posting from the gas chamber yet

• Locked thread