Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Personally, Scratch sounds a lot better than having set dollar amounts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Clearly you need better playtesters. :v:

I've always hated counting coins, arrows/bullets, and such in RPG.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Bucnasti posted:

In the end, I love the Shadowrun setting, but I hate the rules, and I want someone (because I have too much on my plate already) to make a better game so I can play it.

This. So much this. I want a good ruleslight Cyberpunk game.

However, I want to thank this conversation for giving me the idea to replace Fine equipment with Brand-Name Equipment in the Cyberpunk Blades in the Dark hack I've been lazily bouncing around in my head for a while.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, even though I like the concept of Deckers and Cyberdecks, I never liked how Shadowrun (early editions anyways) pretty much crawled to a halt while the Decker pulled out his Deck to jack in and hack. The Matrix needs to be kept simple and flowing, just another move, not an elaborate virtua-dungeon within a run.

I'd also make sure hacking is something anyone could do, not just the "Decker" playbook. Of course, while anyone can hack, the Decker is the one who knows the slickest tricks and has the best Cyberdeck.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 13, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Closest thing I know of is Night Witches. But that isn't really about air combat so much as war drama and it'd be very difficult to adapt to a normal fighter group instead if a night bomber group (the whole game is structured around a day/night cycle).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

You guys should go mention this stuff on the WWWRPG's G+ thing, I'm sure Nathan Paoletta would find it interesting. :v:

A couple days ago he was asking what people expect pricewise for a WWWRPG expansion/supplement, so it looks like he'll be working on one soon.

Also, WWWRPG matches are totally collaborative. The wrestlers are entertainers and its their job to entertain, not win. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I admit I would like a few more options for powers, or the ability to snag a power choice or two from another playbook, but I think they made the right choice because they're going more for "teenagers, who happen to be superheroes" rather than "superheroes, who happen to be teenagers".

I wish it was the latter instead of the former. Monsterhearts doesn't interest me at all and I just am really not into teenage drama.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nathan Paoletta, author of WWWRPG, just posted a (Very) rough draft preview of World Wide Wrestling Season 2: International Incident on the WWWRPG Google+ community. Featuring different styles of wrestling such Lucha Libre, Puroresu, Indie circuits, and more. Audience moves, rules for your promotion, other optional/new rules. :allears:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 16, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yeah, agonizing over giant robot statistics is what Mecha fans do, not what Mecha fiction does. Don't worry about bloody statistics.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ok fine, Battletech. I'm talking about Japanese Mecha, which I thought was the focus of the conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Fans of World Wide Wrestling may be interested to know that Nathan Paoletta recently publicly released beta playtest documents for an supplement, World Wide Wrestling: International Incident which includes stuff like rules for Luchadores, Japanese Puroresu and other similar "Wrestling around the world" stuff.

http://ndpdesign.com/playtest