Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Verr posted:

I'd love to bounce a few moves and general philosophies off you in the next week or so!

That sounds great, exactly what I've been wanting to play and I'd love helping out!

I just finished the tv adaptation of Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrel and I'm desperate to play something similar!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As for Mage World, you could take some inspiration in UA and make one of your halves an Archetype, just meanings to your life that come from a concept burned in humanity.

Things like Warrior, Trickster, Mother (or Nurturer), Fool, Sage. They are broad enough and help define you as a person instead of a Mage, but since they have connection to the common conscience of humanity they also carry strong cosmic meaning and help define your Magic. Besides some "mundane" moves, they could directly affect your Mage moves.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Verr posted:

You guys don't have PMs. Where should I send this gdoc?

Edit: Got it!

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jul 27, 2015

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Arashiofordo3 posted:

I wonder what prompted this question :v:

They just want to know how many times they can "make it rain" on top of defeated foes before they have to start picking the money back up.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm running AW this weekend and I think I had a cool idea for the setting:

It’s based around the golden gate bridge, although they don’t know it yet. San Francisco is in ruins, the BloodGate bridge is populated by a powerful warlord and his lackeys (having built a shanty town that extends to the bottom of the bridge) and there’s a precarious network of roads built on top of big metal spikes crossing over the water, a pirate stronghold amongst said roads that resists BloodGate, and a bunch of settlements around the bay that pay tribute to one or the other.

Oh, and the water bursts into loving flames every nightfall. There’s something weird going on that causes the highly gasoline-polluted water to start burning every night.

These are the questions I’m going to ask my players, and I was wondering if Goons could think of more questions to add to the list.

-What inhabits the ruins of the nearby city that make settling in a lethal idea?
-Who’s Bloodgate’s leader? what’s he/she like?
-What’s the external threat that worries the min-ds of the Firewater Bay settlers?
-What’s the internal threat that grows, hidden, in Firewater Bay?
-What’s the barter system in the Bay like?

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
:nyoron: The Bloodgate is just the golden gate bridge and the "safest" way to cross from one shore to the other, but now I picture it as a giant spiky gate at the edge of reality. Mmmm.

I was planning to name it the Bloodgate so that my players keep wondering why the bridge is called a gate, to later reveal that it was just mutated from its original name.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

:respek:
Awesome! My play area is a lot smaller and the idea is to cloud the fact that it's San Francisco until they actually start placing their eyes in the city.

QuantumNinja posted:

In general, for AW questions, I wrote this list and posted it in the AW thread:

That's a solid set of questions, I'll use the scarcity and plenty questions for sure!

Cyphoderus posted:

You might want to include NPC-related questions to start building interesting relationships form the get-go.
Good call, I'll make sure to think a few of those as well!

Dareon posted:

Is there any AW hack that does "Settlers in a new land" well? Fantasy, historical, or sci-fi, doesn't entirely matter (Although my thought was originally sci-fi). Just, like, you have among the playbooks merchants and administrators, but there's still a need for explorers and fighters as well. Basic AW will work, but if there's something with a better fit, I'd be interested in knowing.

I'd third Legacy, it's a pretty sweet game and will work wonderfully for what you want with a little bit of tweaking.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

thefakenews posted:

I don't know what this means?

http://doodle.com

People sign in and vote on a time where most of them are able to game (or do whatever).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Kaja Rainbow posted:

I know the guy. He doesn't like the toxic fanbase. Anyways he invited me to playtest this thing. I said I barely know anything about MLP and he said that was good for playtesting. I will report back about how it goes.

This sounds like a horrible trap.