Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

basement jihadist posted:

video games are a great way to have fun, and enjoy things that are availible to you in life. Not only this, but the making of a game is an art form - by playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, loving some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.

Just high five the chick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

They made another batman game? Is Joker the bad guy in this one too?

He is apparently, but in your brain, man

Because he died at the end of the second game

They are really afraid to not include joker lol

PandaCookies
Mar 19, 2009

Delicious endangered confection!

notZaar posted:

Ooh dang, I was looking forward to buying it on a 80% Steam discount in six months.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Hey scrub tier contard here to say I bought this on Xbox live on release day and have been enjoying it with no problems. Looks good, feels better.

I'm Batman

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I'm batshit insane

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

basement jihadist posted:

video games are a great way to have fun, and enjoy things that are availible to you in life. Not only this, but the making of a game is an art form - by playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, loving some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.

The trick is to do both

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Zombie Boat posted:

Hey scrub tier contard here to say I bought this on Xbox live on release day and have been enjoying it with no problems. Looks good, feels better.

I'm Batman

Enjoy the game. Come back and share your thoughts on it when you've finished.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
not enough bat mobile imo

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
triple a devhouses hiring illiterate immigrants to cut corners; "hardcore" gamers finally reap what they sow

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

notZaar posted:

Enjoy the game. Come back and share your thoughts on it when you've finished.

Batman never finishes

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
y'know what the first two games owned bones

-traverse around a cool imposing-looking gothic environment, great atmosphere
-light yet deep and satisfying combat
-fluid stealth with a lot of options for taking out dudes, who get terrified as more and more of their buddies get knocked out/disappear
-the second game feels really huge and the traversal actually feels great

then they released the third game which was... OK but I was kinda sick of the formula by that time

and now the 4th is kinda more of the same sooooooo

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It's just hilarious to me that they found a way to shoehorn Joker back in. Just completely out of ideas I guess. And as a bonus it completely deflates the ending to City.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Is the Joker actually still alive or is it some Batman Beyond thing where he's in someone's head?

I want an Arkham Beyond game set in cyberpunk Gotham

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Knight posted:

Is the Joker actually still alive or is it some Batman Beyond thing where he's in someone's head?

he is literally in Batman's head and you apparently have to fight him off throughout the game, in your brainspace

you fight a bunch of Jokers in the alley where bruce wayne's parents died, but in batman's brain lol

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Knight posted:

Does it really matter? He's in the game either because they couldn't think of anything else, or they are sure that the people who buy this game would pitch a fit otherwise.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Batman is kind of a retard so I can't help but hate his God drat guts!

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The way to make the next game fresh is to set it in the 60s Adam West batman show IMO

Get West to record some lines before he gets too old; get on it you jerks

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Knight posted:

same :(

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Monkey Fracas posted:

The way to make the next game fresh is to set it in the 60s Adam West batman show IMO

They could have a bomb disposal mini game.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Monkey Fracas posted:

he is literally in Batman's head and you apparently have to fight him off throughout the game, in your brainspace

you fight a bunch of Jokers in the alley where bruce wayne's parents died, but in batman's brain lol

joker as evil tulpa headmate. nice. way to be cash in big time with tumblrs

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Batman never pulls out op

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

how smart am I for getting this amazing game free with my cutting edge hardware? I am the best consumer

never mind. I dont care. I never cared. gently caress this stupid game anyways.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I exclusively play From software games and 2D indie games like Spelunky, The Binding of Isaac, etc so naturally this does not affect me.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

a dog from hell posted:

I exclusively play with mens dicks because im super gay

owned

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Monkey Fracas posted:

i would play the hell out of this

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
i only read the headline but im sure this is because the game is super transmisogynistic

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
just picked up a copy of borderlands at the video game store next to the grocery store. it was like ten bucks, i hope i enjoy the video game.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Haverchuck posted:

just picked up a copy of borderlands at the video game store next to the grocery store. it was like ten bucks, i hope i enjoy the video game.

nope

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Borderlands is real bad. Read my post for good games to play.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

a dog from hell posted:

I exclusively play From software games and 2D indie games like Spelunky, The Binding of Isaac, etc so naturally this does not affect me.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
i only buy games years after they have been released and only buy them based on the box art because that is more reliable than the opinions of freaky internet weirdos who are super duper emotionally invested in their video game purchase. ill be playing single player, console, offline

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Is this another one of those games where you fight 10 guys at once and you just mash buttons while pointing at different ones at random

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

a dog from hell posted:

this guy gets it

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Yinzer posted:

wow i though i was the only one who played that. arrows were my favorite part

Oh I played the poo poo out of that. Arrows were great, but catapults were even better. Lol if you never beat entire levels by destroying everything in the whole level by just firing your catapult wildly for an hour straight and then walking your King Arthur slowly through the burnt-out remains, just lol.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Kuato posted:

Still waiting for a high res rerelease of snes game king Arthur's world myself. Boycotting all games until they make it

i think i saw a knockoff of this on early access. they added crafting

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Before Batman: Arkham Knight, I didn't think I needed to play another Batman game. Blame the sour taste left by Arkham Origins, blame plain old Batman fatigue, but I didn't have a burning desire to don the cowl again.

I was an idiot.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Hmm I'll pick it up for 46 bux tomorrow.
Is it really that bad?

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

haris pilton posted:

Hmm I'll pick it up for 46 bux tomorrow.
Is it really that bad?

[cape billowing in the wind, steely gaze fixed on the horizon]: no man should pay 46 bucks for a video game.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Haverchuck posted:

[cape billowing in the wind, steely gaze fixed on the horizon]: no man should pay 46 bucks for a video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

thats actually how it happened irl

• Locked thread