Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
And it's so cheap at only 40 dollars. I mean, look at all these features!

quote:

Key Features

200 miles of main lines and branch lines across Weardale and Teesdale, including Durham City, Darlington, Middleton-in-Teesdale and Wearhead
LNER semaphore and colour light signalling throughout the route
BR Class 25 in BR Green livery
BR Class 101 in BR Green livery
BR Class 08 in BR Green livery (Quick Drive only)
BR Class 37 in BR Green livery (Quick Drive only)
Diesel brake tender ‘slug’ in BR Green livery
BR Mk1 ‘blood and custard’ passenger coaches
Freight wagons, including 21t Mineral Hopper, 16t Mineral Wagon, Five Plank Mineral Wagon, Six-Wheel Milk Tanker, Presflo Bulk Powders Wagon, 20t Bitumen Tank Wagon, 20t Toad E Brake Van and 10t Cattle Van.
Scenarios for the route
Quick Drive compatible
Download size: 1,503mb

http://store.steampowered.com/app/277777/

Can't wait to try this, I know it's going to be good. I've been playing this game since it came out and I've bought everything released for it to date, I wonder how much I've spent.

What a steal!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
im my rush to buy the Train Simulator: Weardale & Teesdale Network Route Add-On i realized i did not own the base game

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

Wanamingo posted:

What a steal!!

wow thats alot huh.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Wow what a bunch of idiots, Id have easily paid double that amount. I have no idea how they expect to turn a profit with those rock bottom prices

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
Well it's abotu loving time we got the 6 wheel milk tanker, that's all I have to say about it

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i'm stuck on the third boss, can someone link a walkthrough

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
So do you design the train routes, drive the train, or just sort of watch a simulation of pre-existing train routes? All 3?

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i am masturbating to new traisn

ihave spent thougsands of united states dollaras on triand games and i am happy

they call me

AUTISMO

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

So do you design the train routes, drive the train, or just sort of watch a simulation of pre-existing train routes? All 3?

What? No, of course not. You click on the big green button that says add to cart, then you give steam your credit card info if it doesn't already have it, and then you wait for the next piece of DLC to come out.

Gotta buy em all!

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

you just straight up drive the trains

its not modern sperg, its some real old school spergery

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015
do peoople actually BUY this poo poo? incredible

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i assumed this is like a virtual version of those model train sets people would build

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

solo humping pro posted:

do peoople actually BUY this poo poo? incredible

you should look at the star citizen thread

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Orgasma

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Don't they usually put all the dlc packed during steam sales for like $100?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

a "review" written by someone who probably literally has autism

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
train spergs are used to paying $100 for one made in china lionel train car, so this is practically a bargain for them

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

LordArgh posted:

yeah, and someone writing a yelp review of a gay bar is probably a homosexual

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

LordArgh posted:

even autists have preferences, who do you think is on the page reading the train simulator reviews?

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
I looked this up on youtube and it seems to be a game about just literally about keeping a train going in a straight line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oDfb9trCN0

What do people actually get from this? If you like trains so much, why not become a train driver and actually get paid for it? In addition to the financial savings you'd also have the thrill of, you know, being able to drive actual trains?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Blurred posted:

I looked this up on youtube and it seems to be a game about just literally about keeping a train going in a straight line:

What do people actually get from this? If you like trains so much, why not become a train driver and actually get paid for it? In addition to the financial savings you'd also have the thrill of, you know, being able to drive actual trains?

straight lines? yeah, you could almost say the game is on rails

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnAMDg7IVWs

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Germstore posted:

game is on rails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rulElJITIVY

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Blurred posted:

I don't think they let autists operate dangerous heavy equipment as a general rule. Didn't that one train crash in California because the driver was texting some train sperg?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_iRtXDwu4U

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Blurred posted:

These kinds of games are played by train operators in their own time. I don't get it either.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
It's loving fun. CHOO CHOO!!!!!!!! CHOOOO CHOOOO!!!

solo humping pro
Jun 4, 2015

loving lmao how is this a game?? that video was literally some retard mousing over a red lever and then looking around at some boring rear end dirt scenery, and then changing camera views

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Neil Young owns 20% of Lionel Trains

do you think he like hangs out with a bunch of model trains and plays his geetar

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Hahaha wow 1200 hours that guy is dedicated

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Still no Thomas the Tank Engine DLC.

Bullshit.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
Do they ever have suiciders that jump in front of the Train Simulator? I mean that could be interesting, maybe a medical examiner expansion pack?

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Ah, to have the free roaming lifestyle that can only be truly enjoyed as a train driver

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

From later on in the same review

quote:

The reason I cannot recommend TS2014 is confidence. Every autumn there is a compulsory relaunch of the product, Its called a “Free update” and in general it carries new ways to monetise the software, some new bugs and a few “bread and circuses” changes, the important part of this is the software changes and unless you want to isolate yourself from ever using the product again you have no choice in accepting it. [EDIT: On the 6th Jan my last working copy of TS2013 was automaticly upgraded bypassing Steam disabled automatic updates, It appears its not actually possible to prevent the update at all, only delay it by a few months. the updates are fully compulsory, as a customer you have no choice]
Because things change every year it has completely smashed my confidence in the product, how long before it becomes intentionally or accidentally unusable? There is no way of knowing if all the hours that may have spent on scenario creation or weeks of gaining achievements or months on route building or the considerable amount of money spent on DLC will just be wasted or unusable a few years down the line.
I find this single aspect utterly demoralising, I simply can no longer be motivated to spend time creating something that may in future be taken away from me without my consent, in this sense its a self fulfilling prophesy.

The release of TS2014 has turned a flawed but enjoyable entertainment (TS2013) into my biggest ever regret, I feel like I have been conned. All the hours I spent making scenarios and routebuilding in TS2013 have been wasted because I have been forced to "upgrade" to TS2014.

Not recommended, unless you are a masochist.

Some spergin virgin is VERY UPSET about his videogames being updated

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
[rant]
Now although this has been an excellent rail simulation game since I bought it back in the RailWorks 2 days, and have spent many hundreds of pounds worth of DLCs. However the last 2 years has been a significant downfall for DumbFail Gaymes (who I shall call here).

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnRsAiFhCsE

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Blurred posted:

Germans

I was gifted this recently lmao

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

Germans

I was gifted this recently lmao

Some bastard gave me this too as I got him with badrats.

I got stuck in a tree within 5mins of starting it, and I don't mean UP a tree but literally IN a tree, by walking through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The world of german simulator games is a rich one indeed

• Locked thread