Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

:canada: We have a new commisioner, the referees have a new 4 year deal, The Argos finally have stable ownership, Fort McMurray has a football stadium?? The Stampeders look to be a better team than their championship squad?? Edmontonians are cheerful because the Oilers got the 1st overall pick?! (Wait again) It must be season time.

Many changes happened, some outlined in these division previews: East | West

Transactions listed HERE.

Week 1 gdt was already posted in TFF by Suspect Bucket here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727871

Bookmark this thread as we will see this thread get moved into TFF by Monday

Discuss how Canada is the best at sports for our Canada Day celebrations below

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

US and International broadcast listing is here http://cfl.ca/page/us-broadcast-schedule-20150213084657

Go Argos :toot:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

The REDBLACKS are first in the East. Get hype.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I am all the hype for the REDBLACKS.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

Paul McCallum signed with the Riders for some reason. I would have thought his last memories of Saskatchewan were awful enough that he'd never be back.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Chicken posted:

Paul McCallum signed with the Riders for some reason. I would have thought his last memories of Saskatchewan were awful enough that he'd never be back.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Why are all the quarterbacks getting hurt? Year of the backups

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Is anyone going to even pretend there's a salary cap this year?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Duck Rodgers posted:

Why are all the quarterbacks getting hurt? Year of the backups

It wouldn't be a CFL season without Kevin Glenn replacing an injured starter.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012

Juaguocio posted:

It wouldn't be a CFL season without Kevin Glenn replacing an injured starter.

They were saying that he's won more games than any other quarterback in the last five years. When was the last time he was an assumed starter going into a season?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Duck Rodgers posted:

They were saying that he's won more games than any other quarterback in the last five years. When was the last time he was an assumed starter going into a season?

I want to say mid 2000s when he was with Winnipeg.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Juaguocio posted:

I want to say mid 2000s when he was with Winnipeg.

2011 I think with Hamilton.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Alright I'll move this thread to its home planet later today. Go (?) Argos.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I am happy to have a new Ryan Smith in my life, now that Ryan Smyth has retired from the Oilers.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

I'm concerned at how well Trevor Harris is doing and the response the coaching staff will have to deal with Ray's return. I'm hoping nothing stupid.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
So far as I can tell the Argos are the best team in the league and are going to win the Grey Cup

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

N:CBC power ranking up

1.Argos
2. Red Blacks
3. Ti-Cats
4.Alouettes
5. Stamps
6. Bombers
7. Lions
8. Eskimos
9. Riders.

V: I can hear my Dad dying of liver failure from here

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

N: Saskatchewan is in last, Ottawa is tied for first

V: :psyduck:

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

This is the kind of Riders season I remember.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I hope the Riders lose every game until the stadium is built and then at least 2 seasons after that. And then the city gets swallowed by a giant pothole and everyone dies.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

sweet thursday posted:

I hope the Riders lose every game until the stadium is built and then at least 2 seasons after that. And then the city gets swallowed by a giant pothole and everyone dies.

This except the me, personally, dying part.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

There are myriad other reasons why I am continuously disengaging with pro sports, but the stadium referendum and the amount the riders stuck their gangrenous goddam noses - a publicly-owned team! - into municipal politics was the catalyst.

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

sweet thursday posted:

I hope the Riders lose every game until the stadium is built and then at least 2 seasons after that. And then the city province gets swallowed by a giant pothole and everyone dies.

Riders lead the league in every offensive stat (points for, total yards, passing yards, running yards) but haven't won a single game. I'm going to be drinking real heavily tonight if that trend continues.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Stickarts posted:

There are myriad other reasons why I am continuously disengaging with pro sports, but the stadium referendum and the amount the riders stuck their gangrenous goddam noses - a publicly-owned team! - into municipal politics was the catalyst.

I'll personally find you and drag you down into the pit with me! No survivors!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Is any qb gonna survive the season?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is any qb gonna survive the season?

I hope so, cause I know Burris can break his record for most end-zone picks in one game and he ought to get more whacks at it.

:sigh:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Thought the cycle would last for longer, but the Riders are officially once again A Joke

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Call the new stadium The Bowl because that's where turds belong

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Join me fellow Rider fans on the REDBLACKS Bandwagon.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Poor Argos still haven't played at home.
I guess I'll catch them in Ottawa, there's usually a strong contingent of fellow Toronto transplants.

My biggest issue with the Red Blacks is that I can't buy Argos stuff anywhere in town anymore.

What's going on with the Riders? Is the stadium in Regina too small?

Frosted Flake fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 27, 2015

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Stickarts is cackling with maniacal glee and the look in his eye upsets you.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Accurate IMO
https://www.facebook.com/grantjshow/videos/819184911513434/

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

You know how you see and hear sometimes about those crazy trains and busses in India with people riding all over the outside, crawling up the windows and out onto the roof and sometimes, then, just through the sheer added exertion of their combined weight their humble, common vehicle tips and careens tumbling over, crashing their frail, airborne tide of bodies into an embankment killing scores and maiming many more? In a twisted, snarling wreck of iron and tinny, hot blood? The bandwagon.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
How can I watch CFL without paying money or paying little money?

Does Xbox still broadcast ESPN3 or w/e for free?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Usually that sports streaming website has a stream or two of games.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Frosted Flake posted:

Poor Argos still haven't played at home.
I guess I'll catch them in Ottawa, there's usually a strong contingent of fellow Toronto transplants.

My biggest issue with the Red Blacks is that I can't buy Argos stuff anywhere in town anymore.

What's going on with the Riders? Is the stadium in Regina too small?

Every other official team store I have been in has carried a small assortment of gear from other teams in the league, try there.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Wait, so in the CFL an on-side player* from the punting team is allowed to recover the punt as well?

*meaning he starts the play lined up behind the punter.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Yes, that is correct. It seldom works, but it is an option available to teams.

Another weird rule in the CFL concerning kicking is that the team that was just scored on doesn't have to accept the kickoff following a touchdown. They may choose to kick it off themselves if they feel the chance of the kicking team recovering an onside kick to be not worth the risk.

To my knowledge, the last time anyone ever did that was sometime in the 1960's when Frank Clair was coaching Ottawa.

Antifreeze Head fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Aug 5, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Antifreeze Head posted:

Yes, that is correct. It seldom works, but it is an option available to teams.

Another weird rule in the CFL concerning kicking is that the team that was just scored on doesn't have to accept the kickoff following a touchdown. They may choose to kick it off themselves if they feel the chance of the kicking team recovering an onside kick to be not worth the risk.

To my knowledge, the last time anyone ever did that was sometime in the 1970's when Frank Clair was coaching Ottawa.

I just watched the Argo's do it to the Tigercats and the entire Tigercats special teams had no idea what was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Antifreeze Head posted:

To my knowledge, the last time anyone ever did that was sometime in the 1960's when Frank Clair was coaching Ottawa.

Without even looking it up I choose to believe that the play not only worked, but that the game ball went on to cure cancer.

I'm still irrationally angry that they took his name off the stadium.

• Locked thread