Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

We probably won't get full details but Michael Sam is I guessing retiring on the interim?

http://www.tsn.ca/als-sam-stepping-away-from-football-1.345739

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Canuck posted:

We probably won't get full details but Michael Sam is I guessing retiring on the interim?

http://www.tsn.ca/als-sam-stepping-away-from-football-1.345739

Welp

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5813142-indoor-tv-monitors-installed-outdoors-among-lingering-woes-at-hamilton-stadium/

Holy poo poo this is just some next level incompetence

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Hey Drunk Canuck I think every CFL thread this year should just be named the Canuck and Thursday's Two-Way-Chat-Spectacular

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

sweet thursday posted:

Hey Drunk Canuck I think every CFL thread this year should just be named the Canuck and Thursday's Two-Way-Chat-Spectacular

I say every year I'd be perfectly happy with one CFL megathread so there isn't one thread a week with a dozen posts by Esks fans, one post by a lost and/or curious NFL fan, one post by a sad Roughrider fan, and nothing else.

I like sad Roughrider fan posts.

I'd also like to see the Esks not give up 21 points off turnovers in the 1st half for like a third week in a row. Franklin is starting, no Nichols, so fingers crossed!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yeah I think a megathread is a good idea. Drunk Canuck by the powers vested in our Canadian bill of rights, section 4 subsection 3 paragraph b, whereby wherever 3 or more Canadians congregate any and all decisions shall be made via the democratic process, I vote megathread.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Makes sense to me. I should make more happy REDBLACKS posts to make up for my lack of sad Riders posts.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
Since we're almost half way through the season, how many teams have lost their starting QB to injury? Surprisingly Lulay isn't 1 of them.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

The only teams that haven't lost their starter are Ottawa, Calgary, Hamilton and BC.

And good suggestions for next season's posting experience dudes, right on.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

if it;s one thread, I don't have to look hard to find one to poo poo up with my redblacks posting

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

quote:

<Kyr> JohnnyCanuck, i ventured into the CFL thread for the first time in years
<JohnnyCanuck> There's a CFL thread??!?!
<Kyr> yes
<Kyr> there's a CFL thread on sa

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Also it seems to be full of REDBLACKS fans hello guys!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

GuavaMoment posted:

I say every year I'd be perfectly happy with one CFL megathread so there isn't one thread a week with a dozen posts by Esks fans, one post by a lost and/or curious NFL fan, one post by a sad Roughrider fan, and nothing else.

I like sad Roughrider fan posts.

0-8 :eyepop:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

gently caress the CFL, gently caress the Riders, gently caress the stadium, gently caress the bypass, gently caress Brad Wall, hail satan

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
riders are averaging the #1 offense by yards/game and are winless. what a time to be alive

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

With all the heart breaking ways the Riders have lost this year, if there is a God he hates Saskatchewan. And as an extension of that, Ukrainians.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sweet thursday posted:

With all the heart breaking ways the Riders have lost this year, if there is a God he hates Saskatchewan. And as an extension of that, Ukrainians.

The Crimea is in the Ukraine right? Yeah, God hates Ukrainians.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Want to hear a joke?

Riders

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

sweet thursday posted:

Want to hear a joke?

Riders

I laughed. Next week though is Winnipeg, can they go 0-10? It''ll be tough.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I'm hoping for a tie so that neither of them can say they won.

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...
Was at the game in Ottawa yesterday dressed in green. That second half was so rough, the RedBlacks fans around us didn't even bother gloating, they just looked at us with a sorry look on their faces. What a shitshow.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Want to see the face of an arrogant turd before he gets fired?
http://riderville.com/video/index/id/115403

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

sweet thursday posted:

Want to see the face of an arrogant turd before he gets fired?
http://riderville.com/video/index/id/115403

:rip:

fire the head coach and gm right before back to back games vs the bombers, probably their two best chances to win the rest of the season, good idea

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Hang up the Riders name in disgust so that it can come back to Ottawa.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

What's the shortest time frame for a coach to go from Grey Cup to pink slip?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Greengolds just traded Nichols to the Blue Bombers for a conditional 7th in 2017.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
save us james franklin

so uh, is reilly healthy enough to be a back up yet

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Man if they're dealing for Nichols, then Willy might not even come back to play this season.

Also former RB Lawrence Phillips was charged for the murder of his prison cellmate Damion Soward (cousin of former WR RJ Soward)
http://www.tsn.ca/ex-nfl-cfl-rb-phillips-charged-with-murder-1.354605 god drat

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

The Roughriders are 4 point favourites for the Labour Day Classic. If you wanna make easy money, bet the farm on the Bombers. :smithicide:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
http://www.sportsnet.ca/football/cfl/toronto-to-host-grey-cup-in-2016-ottawa-in-2017/

quote:

Multiple CFL sources have told Sportsnet that the CFL title game will be held in Toronto in 2016, the third time in a decade the league’s largest market will host it. And following a rubber stamp at the board level, Ottawa is expected to host the 2017 league final.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

CFL's done a decent job at rotating the Grey Cup between the cities. If this 16-17 plan happens, then all cities (except Hamilton) will host the Grey Cup twice and Van & Tor would host 3 times (essentially taking Hamilton's spots). Would be better to do W - E rotation rather than 2 Ontario Grey Cups in a row.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

sweet thursday posted:

Want to hear a joke?

Riders

Owen Nein is a good friend of mine.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

They got the rabbit highlights up

http://www.cfl.ca/video/index/id/115883

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

The only highlights from that game. Well done CFL.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I was painting the house Monday so I only heard the game on the radio (CHED guys talked about it too) so I am glad I got to see it.

Reminds me of an incident a few years ago when the Roughriders were also sucking hard and a cardboard box blew onto the field, went the distance and stopped in the endzone. Fans chanted "SIGN THAT BOX!"

Saskatchewan is a fickle place.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

I just want to point out that there were actually 2 separate rabbits during that game. The first one was bigger than the second one.

You get to notice a lot of very important things standing on the sideline during a game.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Because everyone loves the COLOURCOLOUR thing the REDBLACKS got going on.

The guy who runs the Winnipeg twitter renamed it BLUEGOLDS

https://twitter.com/Wpg_BlueBombers

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Well it is a stupid name.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
BC has games left against Calgary, Hamilton and Toronto. Pencil those in as losses.

Winnipeg has Ottawa and Toronto, probably losses too.

Montreal has Edmonton, Toronto and...Saskatchewan. So just the one win.

Under this scenario Montreal makes the West playoffs. Make it happen, Als!

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
To me, B.C. seems the most lost of all the causes. Winnipeg has a reasonable chance in both of their remaining games. They played Ottawa close on Friday and by the last week Toronto will be resting some of their guys so the Bombers might be able to steal one. I wouldn't bet anything more than pocket change on Winnipeg winning, but not outside the realm of possibility.

I think it is more fun to consider all three teams losing all of their remaining games because it would set a new low-water mark for futility to get into the CFL playoffs as Winnipeg would make it with what would be a 5-13 record. November football can be weird, Drew Willy might be back, maybe they put the pieces together and win the Grey Cup.

A .278 regular season win percentage for the championship team probably should get you one the cover of Sports Illustrated. Perhaps not in a good way, but it would warrant mention I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

Antifreeze Head posted:

To me, B.C. seems the most lost of all the causes. Winnipeg has a reasonable chance in both of their remaining games. They played Ottawa close on Friday and by the last week Toronto will be resting some of their guys so the Bombers might be able to steal one. I wouldn't bet anything more than pocket change on Winnipeg winning, but not outside the realm of possibility.

I think it is more fun to consider all three teams losing all of their remaining games because it would set a new low-water mark for futility to get into the CFL playoffs as Winnipeg would make it with what would be a 5-13 record. November football can be weird, Drew Willy might be back, maybe they put the pieces together and win the Grey Cup.

A .278 regular season win percentage for the championship team probably should get you one the cover of Sports Illustrated. Perhaps not in a good way, but it would warrant mention I think.

I thought I remember some East 3-15 team getting into the playoffs in the 90s/00s... Hence the crossover was made so that 10-8 4th place west team would be in over the East trash at the time

• Locked thread