Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Caryna posted:

You shut your dirty mouth! V had Anna. Anna was amazing. Ergo V was amazing. This show has nothing in terms of redeemable qualities. Unless you like butterflies whose motivations don't make sense.

V was awesome. That finale ended on a great cliffhanger and it's a shame they didn't get renewed.

To get ready for tonight, have some news from Comic Con: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/09/comic-con-2015-under-dome-death-cbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

"Things are going to get bananas.”

How do they manage to speak about the show like it makes any sense? Or better yet how dare they?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Tonight: EPIC loving

Edit: Ahahahaha, WTF was that with the crystal?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I just have zero idea what the hell is going on in this show anymore

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kammat posted:

V was awesome. That finale ended on a great cliffhanger and it's a shame they didn't get renewed.

I thought that show ended with the aliens taking over the world and not a cliffhanger.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
At least they realized they needed to add a snap-cut to some rusty plows, because an in-shape guy couldn't possibly survive a 15' drop off a silo, especially if there was a chance of him falling backward onto farm equipment.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has the cocoon made Junior interested in older ladies? What the gently caress!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Barbie (looking up at the obviously blank face of a grain silo): Hey, there's a window up there!

Then he climbs on the roof and pops off the top hatch to look inside. Window is never mentioned again.

It's like they have the world's most tyrannical script supervisor who won't let them deviate a word from the script even if it doesn't actually match the action.

Also, I would LOVE to watch a script session for this show. It's like they pull ideas out of a hat or just brainstorm ideas without weeding out the bad ones. "Okay, okay, and then ... Big Jim gets captured!" "Great! And then ... one of the kidnappers kills another of the kidnappers just to show they mean business!" "Okay! And then ... uh ... Big Jim escapes!" "Yeah yeah! And then ..."

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I'm seriously not sure I can keep watching this show after how the episode ended.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Julia had a rare moment of making sense in this episode, and yet it still reflected poorly on her.

Julia: "Your 'issues' with Sam? He murdered your sister two weeks ago, that's not some small thing."
*Julia returns to the motel to try and resume her relationship with the man who murdered her husband three weeks ago*

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Does Julia even know Barbie murdered her husband? I dont even remember.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

GreenNight posted:

I think she does, but is alright with this because he wanted to die or something. Basically, Barbie is hotter than her dead husband.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

GreenNight posted:

Yes, there was an episode in the first season where she figured it out and didn't let him sleep in her bed for a night or something

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
Is the sister Sam murdered the one they found in the school with an axe in the back, or was that someone else? I thought that goofy guy they chased into town did that.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

PowerBuilder3 posted:

Is the sister Sam murdered the one they found in the school with an axe in the back, or was that someone else? I thought that goofy guy they chased into town did that.

That's the one.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ShakeZula posted:

Julia had a rare moment of making sense in this episode, and yet it still reflected poorly on her.

Julia: "Your 'issues' with Sam? He murdered your sister two weeks ago, that's not some small thing."
*Julia returns to the motel to try and resume her relationship with the man who murdered her husband three weeks ago*

Was that ever revealed to Julia? I can't remember.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Astro7x posted:

Was that ever revealed to Julia? I can't remember.

Yeah, she found out and was really upset for about a day. Then, as with all things, she either forgot about it or just prioritized it below Barbie-Sex.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

ShakeZula posted:

Yeah, she found out and was really upset for about a day. Then, as with all things, she either forgot about it or just prioritized it below Barbie-Sex.

She hated her husband and she thinks barbie did her a favor.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Did they drop the whole hoarding propane cooking meth thing because of Breaking Bad or were there other reasons? From what I can remember of reading the book, it did play quite a big part in the story.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

Dead Goon posted:

Did they drop the whole hoarding propane cooking meth thing because of Breaking Bad or were there other reasons? From what I can remember of reading the book, it did play quite a big part in the story.

That was only in the TV show for like 5 mins total screen time. Just give it a rest we don't have time for that.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Hey Joe, if you find your girlfriend making out with someone else, you don't need to suggest "maybe we should end this". Pretty sure she already ended it for you.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

Hey Joe, if you find your girlfriend making out with someone else, you don't need to suggest "maybe we should end this". Pretty sure she already ended it for you.

Also, what was Joe even doing there? Seemed like he came out of nowhere.

r0ck0
Sep 12, 2004
r0ck0s p0zt m0d3rn lyf

ShakeZula posted:

Also, what was Joe even doing there? Seemed like he came out of nowhere.

He planted a tracking tag on her. Good thing she didnt go in the water or it would have shorted out and he would have lost her... under the dome.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

I seriously have no idea what the gently caress with this show anymore.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Brocktoon posted:

Neither do the writers. Buckle up and enjoy the terrible terrible ride.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

I can't wait for the supercut at the end of the season of Joe saying "The Matrix".

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Has Big Jim ever narrated the opening before?

Also, it seems us in Atlantic :canada: get to suffer before you Yanks.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
For the fuckfest from last week, this got pretty drat hosed up in a different way.

MinjoGreene
Jan 5, 2013
Did they just spoil the entire loving season in that promo?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

MinjoGreene posted:

It looked that way. If they destroy the rest of the world outside the dome for real I'm gonna laugh so hard

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Brocktoon posted:

Yeah that was a great (and violent) episode.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Last night I tuned in for the first time since the five minutes I caught of the season premiere. I had no idea what was going in yet I somehow feel that's to be expected.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Over the course of about three days, story time:

Big Jim hates the dog!

Big Jim grudgingly tolerates the dog!

Big Jim LOVES the dog!

Big Jim will give up all his secrets to save the dog!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Mirage posted:

Over the course of about three days, story time:

Big Jim hates the dog!

Big Jim grudgingly tolerates the dog!

Big Jim LOVES the dog!

Big Jim will give up all his secrets to save the dog!

Dog is the best character now.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

MinjoGreene posted:

Seriously what was that?

Guys I think I miss when they were all trapped under a dome and junior was a rapist/kidnapper and everyone was going to die from a little fire started by the drug dealing mortician.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't understand why everyone in the town is a dumb sheep zombie. Did they all eat that alien spunk with fermented porridge? Or is it just a residual effect of the cocoon world?

'Hey, I'm a character who you hate and let me tell you, your new soldier best friend is going to kill you for something you didn't do. Don't try to talk to him about it, just believe me. Here's some pork'.

'Yes, this makes sense. I will plant a bomb in his garbage'.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Paladinus posted:

I don't understand why everyone in the town is a dumb sheep zombie. Did they all eat that alien spunk with fermented porridge? Or is it just a residual effect of the cocoon world?

'Hey, I'm a character who you hate and let me tell you, your new soldier best friend is going to kill you for something you didn't do. Don't try to talk to him about it, just believe me. Here's some pork'.

'Yes, this makes sense. I will plant a bomb in his garbage'.

Putting them in the cocoons let the stuff seep into them. They weren't in it long enough to completely change, but it was enough to make them dumber and under CSI control. That's why she took junior down there to gently caress, So she could rub more if it on him (alien lube?) to control him more. Why it suddenly works just for touching it for a minute, idfk. And why he isn't now constantly jumping her for more of this amazing sex, idfk.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Dead Goon posted:

They did hoard propane but it was actually one of the main ingredients to the fictional drug the writers made up (instead of ust using it for generators to manufacture meth).

Also at some point in the first season Jim blows up a truckload of propane for some reason.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
I liked the "insert alien reflection here" graphics where instead of doing anything they just made not-Christine's reflection a blob of motion capture nodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I can't stop loving watching this show, almost all the bad summer shows have been giant snorefeasts this year (Tyrant, Last Ship, Dark Matter, The Strain) but Under the Dome somehow just keeps on delivering on its promise that every episode can be dumber than the last one.

• Locked thread