Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Sonofsilversign posted:

you intimidate people who have wrong opinions through harrasment, legislation and ostrasism, eventually once you had the political capital you could institute reeducation, imprisonment and even death. historically this has changed societies in a profound way over time
Like so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
At this point I dunno what the gently caress guys, I've pretty much given up on politics in America because I realize I can't change very much so now I just drink a lot

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Gammatron 64 posted:

At this point I dunno what the gently caress guys, I've pretty much given up on politics in America because I realize I can't change very much so now I just drink a lot

:cheers:

my only regretis ill probably be dead before poo poo gets interesting

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

Sonofsilversign posted:

fascism does get results :shrug:

but this one doesn't-- turns out that bullying people into not stating their beliefs doesn't make them not have those beliefs.

Here's a good one showing how retarded that approach is

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/things-we-wont-say-about-race-that-are-true/on-demand/59754-001

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Sonofsilversign posted:

you intimidate people who have wrong opinions through harrasment, legislation and ostrasism, eventually once you had the political capital you could institute reeducation, imprisonment and even death. historically this has changed societies in a profound way over time

Step 1: You whip the bear until it rides the unicycle.
Step 2: You whip the unicycle-riding bear until it learns to whip itself.
Step 3: You teach the unicycle-riding bear that whips itself to whip another bear until it rides the unicycle.
Step 4: A perfect world where every bear rides a unicycle and swings a whip forever. This is normal. This is natural.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sonofsilversign posted:

Shame and ostracism only work if the person in question wants to participate in some kind of community with these people. If the people shaming you want to institute a rad-feminist gynocracy most people won't give a poo poo about their opinions.

It's like when a southern baptist tells atheist gays they will go to hell. The message doesn't resonate at all.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

ChlorophileAddict posted:

In 2014 he worked a total of 47 days.

That's 47 more days than your average UKMT poster.

ChlorophileAddict
Jun 15, 2015

Berious posted:

then we need the UK megathread's name changed to Goons on the Dole

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Berious posted:

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

ChlorophileAddict posted:

Only idiots believe in "working royals".

Lol, I guess so...

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Yes OP basically

Not exactly s cover up but works quite well together

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider
Capitalism is p. good for me so i duno what all you problems

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

My Q-Face posted:

Lol, I guess so...

Chloro is a confirmed retard but let's not pretend the jobs the royals do provide any value. They go into incredibly skill intensive and expensive roles (helicopter pilots, tank commanders, etc), gently caress around for a couple of years for nice press photos, and then piss off to live on an estate somewhere, or become patron of a charity. It's a cynical PR exercise that costs an awful lot of money, usually.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Oberleutnant posted:

Chloro is a confirmed retard but let's not pretend the jobs the royals do provide any value. They go into incredibly skill intensive and expensive roles (helicopter pilots, tank commanders, etc), gently caress around for a couple of years for nice press photos, and then piss off to live on an estate somewhere, or become patron of a charity. It's a cynical PR exercise that costs an awful lot of money, usually.

And again, the whole reason I brought it up, is that you don't see American "royalty"/aristo-class doing even that much

Also, the "awful lot of money" is money that would have been spent on somebody anyway, since they are filling a slot while doing it. It's like the Queens Guard, yeah it's a lot of pomp and show, but they are actual soldiers and they'd get paid the same whether they were marching around a palace or drilling at some camp out in the boonies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Also, as a Skydiver, I can appreciate that HRH Charles is Patron of the British Parachute Association.

• Locked thread