Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
GG is a terror campaign eh wow sounds really badass

Thingyman please report to HELLTHREAD for... processing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Whatev posted:

Nintendo has been perpetually loving itself over by failing to support third party developers since the N64 and it is really weird how that lesson still hasn't sunk in even though it is obvious to every person in the world and a respectable plurality of dogs

The Japanese are a proud people and are going extinct, heading to the ageless lands like the elves in loard of the rings, and they're taking Nintendo with them

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I thought it was hilarious when everyone was buying plastic tennis rackets and golf clubs to attach to their Wiimotes.

I still use my Wii because it was extremely easy to jailbreak or whatever the term is, so I have a massive library of ROMs on an SD card that it can play. I know I could play them on a computer easily, but it feels more right on a TV with a controller.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The Wii is a good unique system with fun games that by any measurable metric was a runaway success. The Woo is a good unique system with fun games that by any measurable metric is an utter failure.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
watching netflix on my wii u right now

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
I don't own either, but Wii was better than the Wii U because at least the Wii required you to look at the TV screen.

gently caress the dumbass that decided to make a tablet controller.

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Gutcruncher posted:

The Wii is a good unique system with fun games that by any measurable metric was a runaway success. The Woo is a good unique system with fun games that by any measurable metric is an utter failure.

If the wii was a failure, I'm sure Nintendo wants to fail more often. I remember seeing it outsold ps3 and xbox combined.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i heard it has the wrong kind of ram

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

If you aren't playing Splatoon and you like to shoot things you're loving missing out.

centaurtainment
Jun 16, 2015

naem posted:

The Japanese are a proud people and are going extinct, heading to the ageless lands like the elves in loard of the rings, and they're taking Nintendo with them

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Even when you can drag Nintendo kicking and screaming into the 21st century they still find ways to intentionally be stubborn jerks about it. "You want DLC and online content stores FINE...but it's tied to your device not your account so don't forget to do a system transfer! Oh you want us to start doing stuff for tablets FINE....here is a new game system with a crappy tablet as a peripheral with a crappy screen and crappy resistive touchscreen"

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 26, 2015

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chrpno posted:

A friend of mine is a fat, and his lady bought him the whole wiifit package, console, board, handles... never got used once. Never even created their character.
It wouldn't have worked anyway, there's a weight limit clearly marked on the box

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Wii had no games

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

The WiiX will have no controller, all the buttons will be built into the console itself. Want to control your games from the couch? Well, you better shell out for two WiiXs mother fucker!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hey our new controller is only really good as a lightgun
i know lets ship the consoles only with that and not with a gamepad so developer support of actual gaming controls will be completely hit or miss and never really take off
we will just pretend the motion controls work

shipping the necessary components of the console later as optional addons as an is a great idea
can you imagine how uncharming n64 games would be if they shipped with enough ram to actually use good textures

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

WhyteRyce posted:

Even when you can drag Nintendo kicking and screaming into the 21st century they still find ways to intentionally be stubborn jerks about it. "You want DLC and online content stores FINE...but it's tied to your device not your account so don't forget to do a system transfer! Oh you want us to start doing stuff for tablets FINE....here is a new game system with a crappy tablet as a peripheral with a crappy screen and crappy resistive touchscreen"

Wii U is really good. buy the pro controllers though. the tablet isn't bad at all, and you don't even need to use the tablet at all if you don't want to. it's nice that it transitions seemless and sometimes good to sit in bed or bathroom, or use it while someone else wants to watch something on the TV.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Xaris posted:

Wii U is really good. buy the pro controllers though. the tablet isn't bad at all, and you don't even need to use the tablet at all if you don't want to. it's nice that it transitions seemless and sometimes good to sit in bed or bathroom, or use it while someone else wants to watch something on the TV.

It seems like for the majority of games this is true, but it's all on a game-by-game basis. Lego City, Wonderful 101, and ZombiU for instance actually use both screens for stuff.

Edit: It's so bullshit that some games will support the Wii U Pro Pad but not the Wii Classic Controller eventhough besides the clicking sticks theyre functionally identical. I was really looking forward to not having to buy a single new controller for this console but no, a couple games keep emerging that require me to :argh:

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
i had a godzilla game on the wii and i played that a lot

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

gary oldmans diary posted:

i know lets ship the consoles only with that and not with a gamepad so developer support of actual gaming controls will be completely hit or miss and never really take off
also let's pretend that the motion controls actually can work by making one or two good first party games that cleverly avoid the controllers' weaknesses and make it seem immersive. people will buy the system expecting more stuff like that at some point, any point, during the console's life, but we'll keep those secrets to ourselves. then we will hand all the developers a kit that just maps 'waggle' to a button because that's all they can understand. that will be a good laugh

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

new super mario bros wii was fun until your friends figured out they could just "bubble" every time you tried to knock them into some lava

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I had a friend with a Wii U unironically tell me it was the only console worth getting right now, he is primarily a PC games.
This is a retard statement because even an Xbox One is better than a thugly Wii U.

I can only assume he is in tremendous fagzone because he collects Amiibos and places them on a special shelf no less
A sad attempt to escape from his breakup four months ago? I think so I think so. Deep thoughts here

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

JebanyPedal posted:

I had a friend with a Wii U unironically tell me it was the only console worth getting right now
when you get a wii u people only refer to their friendship with you in past tense

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Grandma loves the Wii.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Nintendo has great first party games but the problem is they need a lot more of them

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Whiskey Sours posted:

I have a Wii U and I thoroughly enjoy my $400 Mario Kart box.

Mario Kart box, Bloodborne box, Xbox

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

JebanyPedal posted:

I had a friend with a Wii U unironically tell me it was the only console worth getting right now, he is primarily a PC games.
This is a retard statement because even an Xbox One is better than a thugly Wii U.

I can only assume he is in tremendous fagzone because he collects Amiibos and places them on a special shelf no less
A sad attempt to escape from his breakup four months ago? I think so I think so. Deep thoughts here

You're stupid.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

a dog from hell posted:

You're stupid.

Why????????!!!!!!!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

JebanyPedal posted:

I've started to notice you make a lot of bad posts. Though Amiibos are stupid but hey can't fault a company for going after that sweet sweet kid/nerd money :10bux:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LethalGeek posted:

I've started to notice you make a lot of bad posts. Though Amiibos are stupid but hey can't fault a company for going after that sweet sweet kid/nerd money :10bux:

I actually make the best posts and you're just stupid and loving ugly?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ALSO I said he buys AmIIBOS like precious pussy I didn't say anything about the business practice did I?? You are a really bad reader God I hate you so much you loving idiot

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lots of people in this thread SUPER incensed I called their Wii U purchase a DUNDERHEADED decision.
Maybe reflect on yourself? Freaking

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Really worked up rn

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

JebanyPedal posted:

Why????????!!!!!!!

The Wii U is good.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

a dog from hell posted:

The Wii U is good.

It's actually really bad wtf

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

gary oldmans diary posted:

It shipped with the nunchuck, which, when attached, basically felt like a complete controller. A crappy one, though.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ColoradoCleric posted:

Nintendo has great first party games but the problem is they need a lot more of them

Even the ones that are good aren't actually good but nostalgia wins nerds over every time

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

It shipped with the nunchuck, which, when attached, basically felt like a complete controller. A crappy one, though.

...with less (reachable) buttons than an SNES controller.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Chrpno posted:

A friend of mine is a fat, and his lady bought him the whole wiifit package, console, board, handles... never got used once. Never even created their character.

as a young man I worked at gamestop and a ridiculously fat coworker came in one day just yelling and ranting so i ask him what the problem with the wii fit is exactly

he says 250 POUND WEIGHT LIMIT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

i said uhh that sounds like a lot of pounds man

he was enraged and yelled MAYBE IN JAPAN, IM A GROWN AMERICAN MAN THEY SHOULDNT HAVE MADE IT OUT OF PLASTIC FOR LITTLE JAPANESE KIDS

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

extra stout posted:

as a young man I worked at gamestop and a ridiculously fat coworker came in one day just yelling and ranting so i ask him what the problem with the wii fit is exactly

he says 250 POUND WEIGHT LIMIT? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

i said uhh that sounds like a lot of pounds man

he was enraged and yelled MAYBE IN JAPAN, IM A GROWN AMERICAN MAN THEY SHOULDNT HAVE MADE IT OUT OF PLASTIC FOR LITTLE JAPANESE KIDS

Holy crap man did you call the police?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

JebanyPedal posted:

Holy crap man did you call the police?

there is no law against being fat and slightly racist here

• Locked thread