Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

TEAH SYAG posted:

LOL I got banned by a lot of insecure queers and guess what? I'm not really impressed by that. I was in your corner but wow, turned on me.... Now I know

source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TEAH SYAG posted:

LOL I got banned by a lot of insecure queers and guess what? I'm not really impressed by that. I was in your corner but wow, turned on me.... Now I know

They don't need you in their corner any more. They have already won.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Why was a republican governor in California? Literally everything he does is the complete opposite of the GOP. Did he want to infiltrate it like a T-800 infiltrates the hoomans?

Also, the paperwork has gone through, everybody in this thread is married to me now. I'll be coming around to all of your houses to show off my meaty chest muscles.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

Yup essentially it's symbolic of this whole broader picture where marriage is viewed as the be-all and end-all of queer rights. Meanwhile, employment rights, healthcare, housing, as well as huge violence against (particularly) trans people of colour in prisons and the community are ignored/not granted the same importance or space. The gay marriage "movement" in the USA is a very conservative one backed by millions of dollars and organizations like Human Rights Campaign have a really poor record when it comes to dealing with any other issues. Like sure, I guess it's nice some (rich) gay people can get married now, but I somehow doubt the millions of dollars poured into the campaign for gay marriage is now going to "trickle down" to worthier causes. good interview with Yasmin Nair here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyS007X7oa8&feature=youtu.be

tl:dr so you don't have to deal with an insufferable woman unhappy that the supreme court gave the gay community a total victory today, and enshrined sexual orientation as an immutable trait:

Marriage is an institution which promotes economic stability through exclusionary means.
Marriage equality is problematic because we're now further away from radical full-communism. Because possibly easily radicalized gays will opt to settle down instead of tearing down our unfair socioeconomic system.

Beep boop marriage is not about love, it's a sinister plot by white gays to harm the queer community.
Rich white gays are bad. Why won't their evil patriarchy give me their money? (Because they are racist)

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
get this: i have a wief

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Do It Once Right posted:

I want to marry yaos.

We are already married. Put on your S&M suit, I want to be whipped.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Angela Christine posted:

You know, I'm having a hard time disagreeing with this. If you bake a banana cake and it starts talking to you, you should get rid of that banana cake ASAP.
Show me a talking banana cake and I'm listening very closely to what it says.

Yaos posted:

Why was a republican governor in California? Literally everything he does is the complete opposite of the GOP. Did he want to infiltrate it like a T-800 infiltrates the hoomans?
He is an advanced prototype, capable of morphing his opinions on social issues in order to complete his mission. Skynet doesn't care about gay marriage, it only cares about winning the war against the poor. Early models had bigoted beliefs, and were easy to spot, but later models will be far more lifelike.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I'm glad you got to post this thread 3O. Congrats to you and all gay goons on America turning into Sodom today.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I'm glad you got to post this thread 3O. Congrats to you and all gay goons on America turning into Sodom today.

That wasn't today, it's been Sodom for a while.

"Sodom's sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door." - Ezekiel 16:49 http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/16-49.htm

Nothing there about fabulous gay weddings tho

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

a) good

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I haven't seen anything negative on facebook yet, which means that either (a) facebook is selectively deleting stuff, or (b) my family is so pissed off that they are becoming like... a gathering storm, if you will

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
do you think yesterday marked a record for most gay sex had in a single 24 hour period?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Yaos posted:

We are already married. Put on your S&M suit, I want to be whipped.

But if we are all married to you, what does that make my first marriage? Does it like null that or are we going full mormon on this poo poo?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

someone on my facebook who I went to school with who beat the poo poo out of this 1 kid cos he was gay now has a rainbow picture

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

someone on my facebook who I went to school with who beat the poo poo out of this 1 kid cos he was gay now has a rainbow picture

what a time to be alive

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

national preemie day is that really a thing?

Yeah but the date keeps creeping up earlier each year.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

StabMasterArson posted:

casually mention it on his wall

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Pavel Petel has finally weighed in under #LoveWins

Risky
May 18, 2003

StabMasterArson posted:

Secret high school gay

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

TEAH SYAG posted:

I got probated for pointing out freedom is a knife that cuts both ways. :holymoley:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

It's tough being a worthless hillbilly these days.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Total loving badass :chord:

centaurtainment
Jun 16, 2015

Turtle Sandbox posted:

also gently caress the south, general Sherman should have put them all to the sword.

Ever since they sabotaged Reconstruction the south has been a gigantic tumor holding back the rest of America. In hindsight, this would have been a mercy killing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I just read Clarence Thomas dissent :stare:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

BigBoss posted:

I got probated for pointing out freedom is a knife that cuts both ways. :holymoley:

that is not at all why

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i see the republic has survived the night and is still standing despite the best actions of FIVE IMPERIAL NON-ELECTED SUPREME JUDGERS :bahgawd:

Do It Once Right posted:

Pavel Petel has finally weighed in under #LoveWins

i hope he gets sponsored by a rich gay american and lives a life of opulence love and luxury in some coastal state.

roller skating down the boardwalk each morning in very little clothing.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

haha time to find a new security blanket, terrible people.

edit: oh she's handcuffed. our world is bad.

Mr. Pumroy fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jun 27, 2015

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Angela Christine posted:

That wasn't today, it's been Sodom for a while.

"Sodom's sins were pride, gluttony, and laziness, while the poor and needy suffered outside her door." - Ezekiel 16:49 http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/16-49.htm

Nothing there about fabulous gay weddings tho

the people of Sodom were basically loving anything they could get their hands on and one of the final straws was a stranger came to town and the people of the town were trying to gently caress him and the dude turned out to be a for reals angel lol

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

A group obtains one of the greatest expansions of civil and human rights in modern day history and all this woman can think of is "Why didn't he light up the White House for the premature babies? :cry:".

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ZombieParts posted:

the people of Sodom were basically loving anything they could get their hands on and one of the final straws was a stranger came to town and the people of the town were trying to gently caress him and the dude turned out to be a for reals angel lol

I can't remember why but I'm pretty sure that this is a fairly modern and mostly bullshit interpretation of the story

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

that makes sense because the ancient portrayal of angels were like terrifying four headed beings who spoke a language that would drive mortals mad and had fire coming out of their assholes or something similarly crazy. probably wouldn't want to gently caress that. or maybe the parties in sodom just went that hard, i don't know

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ZombieParts posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Mr. Pumroy posted:

that makes sense because the ancient portrayal of angels were like terrifying four headed beings who spoke a language that would drive mortals mad and had fire coming out of their assholes or something similarly crazy. probably wouldn't want to gently caress that. or maybe the parties in sodom just went that hard, i don't know

the angels that went to sodom deliberately took on the appearance of regular people, iirc

that aside, when the angry mob demanded that lot send the angels out, they most likely did not intend to rape them. this interpretation hinges on taking the English word "know" to be a euphemism for "have sex with". I'm not sure what the most accurate translation would be but iirc similar phrasing was used in other places in the original text and not interpreted to have any kind of sexual or violent connotation, and this interpretation was forced by modern English-speaking Christians so they could have a parable condemning deviant sexual behaviour. and, iirc, no other part of the text seems to indicate that sodom was populated by roaming bands of anal rapists.

this is all straight off the top of my head I haven't done any detailed bible readings in awhile, like at least a year. feel free to fact-check and correct me if necessary.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

ZombieParts posted:

http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/god_annihilates_people_of_sodom_and_gomorrah/01_gn19_01.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i'm gonna close this thread while it's still good and happy about the gay marriage decision, enjoy pride weekend everyone :)

• Locked thread