Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
People have no problems with killing pigs even though they are smarter than cats and dogs which people traditionally have no problems with killing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
A dolphin. I'd stab a dolphin right in it's bulbous loving head. No worries.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I wouldn't kill a cat because I like cats. I don't kill spiders either because they are useful for insect control plus they watch. They watch and see that you squished one of their own and will crawl on you at night or something.
Everything else, gently caress it. If there are only a few of them remaining before extinction you better bring one quick so I can bash it to death with an ax handle or something. People especially but even more especially chimpanzees.

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
Lobsters, for one, the pinchy little shits. I'm bigger than them, I'm stronger than them and they've got it coming.
Otherwise, I'd be stuck eating chickens and that would be about it for any kind of even vaguely intelligent animal.

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008

errol _flynn posted:

Lobsters, for one, the pinchy little shits. I'm bigger than them, I'm stronger than them and they've got it coming.
Otherwise, I'd be stuck eating chickens and that would be about it for any kind of even vaguely intelligent animal.

Lobsters are p much ocean cockroaches. Kill away guilt free

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013
Now that I think about it, if the animal was trying to kill me I might not feel guilt no matter how smart it was, and if it was really smart I might even feel proud that I had defeated it

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009

Qvindtar posted:

Lobsters are p much ocean cockroaches. Kill away guilt free

Another reason why the little bastards have got it coming.

Besides the melted butter and cold beer they deserve to be served with.

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful
I'm fine with killing pigs which I have done but I don't ever shoot ravens, ever. I found one tangled up in a bush last year (it was dead) and felt really bad and did an elaborate funereal for it. It has a headstone made of dolomite. I realized it was a test from Oetzi the raven god, and now I Have founded a new religion (I am the only adherent).

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
I can't even kill a spider without feeling a bit guilty. :(

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For me it's more least intelligent animal.

Humans no problem, have to be ready kark a motherfucker at all times because they'd do the same.
With the exceptions of gorillas and orangutans (those two are just too chill? I dunno) I'd have no complaints about dropping nape on the other lesser apes like baboons, helper monkeys, and Rebs, other than the meat being overdone and smelling like gasoline if I needed a snack.

Pretty much anything dumber is rule of the jungle.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

solaranus posted:

make sure not to run a lawn mower over a rabbit burrow then

I did that a while back and a couple survived it made me wonder if they grew up all hosed up seeing their brothers or sisters get mulched

also I felt terrible afterwards

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I'd kill 3O in a second

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Stephen Hawking, with no remorse

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dogcrash truther posted:

I hit a rabbit with my car two years ago and I still feel bad about it. It ran right in front of the car before I could hit the brakes :(

don't feel bad, my sister literally died in a car crash swerving away from a rabbit. i hope it suffered

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rutibex posted:

don't feel bad, my sister literally died in a car crash swerving away from a rabbit. i hope it suffered

For real?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
some days I feel like poo poo for stepping on insects and others I'd totes kill a person no problem

I think I may be mentally ill.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
cockroaches or other large insects

beyond that everything gets to live unless they are killed far away and in mass numbers in scary, industrial settings whose finer points of fear reduction are dictated by an autistic woman who everyone seems to really love

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
If I can eat it after its properly cooked I feel like I could kill any animal honestly

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
Goddam Lycra-sheathed gutter bunnies on their $5000 bikes who think theiy got the same right of way as a 5000 lb. Ford.
E=1/2MV squared, dummies.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 27, 2015

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
I once threw a mouse that was caught on a gluetrap into a bucket of water and listened to the poor tiny beast drown. I'll never forget the sounds it made. Ive killed many 'water bugs' and roaches but jesus christ killing a mammal made me feel like garbage for a month. It was better than letting the thing starve and rip its skin off but ugg, that thing wasn't too many genes removed from me.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
And Chihuahuas. goddam noise machines.

If I ever see a Chihuahua on a tiny bicycle, the fucker is doomed.

Split Pea Superman
Dec 16, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I feel like we can flesh this hypothetical out a bit more

I think if i could say "I killed 10 pigs today" I would feel less guilty than if I said "I killed a pig today"

kinda like the whole "kill one man and your a murderer, kill a million and you're a hero" quote from red alert

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

zimboe posted:

And Chihuahuas. goddam noise machines.

If I ever see a Chihuahua on a tiny bicycle, the fucker is doomed.

Is the Chihuahua riding the tiny bicycle or are you?

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Mindflayers because they are lawful evil and really ugly.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
the most intelligent animal I could kill without feeling guilty is the OP.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'd say a republican, but you stipulated "Intelligent"

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

VendaGoat posted:

I'd say a republican, but you stipulated "Intelligent"

Oh no you di'nt

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Inevitable posted:

Oh no you di'nt

HIIIIYOOOOOOOOO!

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Probably a spider

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

dogcrash truther posted:

Now that I think about it, if the animal was trying to kill me I might not feel guilt no matter how smart it was, and if it was really smart I might even feel proud that I had defeated it

What if a teenage kid tried to fight you would you kick his rear end?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
As long as they are consenting adults of course, how can you rob a brother and sister, mother and son, grandfather and granddaughter, from enjoying the full benefits of open relationships and legal recognition?

Without resorting to bigoted and outdated religious arguments or socially constructed ideas of morality, can we really say that it should be socially shunned or prohibit these consenting adults from enjoying equal protection under the law?

You are not jaime lannester.
You are gross.

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Every living thing is potential food to me, excluding kitties. They are adorable, and possibly gods.
Intelligence is irrelevant, what matters is if i like you.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I stopped eating octopus because of how smart they are and I feel bad about eating pigs and cows

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
monkeys are smart but they're also assholes who try to tear people's wieners off.

i could kill a monkey.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

That really depends on how much of an rear end in a top hat the animal in question is.

Also, I'm rather surprised nobody has posted that horrible description of a chimpanzee attack yet.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Inevitable posted:

Mindflayers because they are lawful evil and really ugly.

lmfao if you think youre strong or cool enough to kill a mindflayer

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Dolphin. After that thing about the dolphin biting the head off a fish and raping the body on video, definitely dolphin.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

yeah, gently caress rabbits

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Commie NedFlanders posted:

What if a teenage kid tried to fight you would you kick his rear end?

I don't think so but it would depend on my perception of how much harm he was trying to do to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I can hardly kill a spider much less an intelligent being :(

• Locked thread