Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Sad times in the land of public radio, as the man who started A Prairie Home Companion 41 years ago is going to step down within the next year. What will you miss about Keillor? His stories of the folk in Lake Woebegon? The adventures of Guy Noir, Private Detective? The singing? Tell me it's the singing.

Oh, the show's not ending. A guy from Nickle Creek is going to start hosting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
creepy rear end voice

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
in the old days i would have told you to kill yourself, but instead im going to vote this thread 1 and move on. thx.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

dad gay. so what posted:

in the old days i would have told you to kill yourself, but instead im going to vote this thread 1 and move on. thx.

Strange times indeed

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
Keilor sucks beyond words and makes NPR a loving joke. Replace all his shows with replays of Democracy Now! The war and peace report!

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
i hate npr

but there are three things which will make me actually turn off npr:

the gay techno poo poo here on chicagos vocolo poo poo fest

radiolab, because it doesnt make any loving sense, but unlike some media that doesnt make any sense, it isnt any good

and praire home companion. it sucks. it sucks. garisson keillor sucks.

interestingly i will sit through their pledge drives

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The movie was good.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Lot of turnover in lame unfunny white guys this year.

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012

CaptainYesterday posted:

Sad times in the land of public radio, as the man who started A Prairie Home Companion 41 years ago is going to step down within the next year. What will you miss about Keillor? His stories of the folk in Lake Woebegon? The adventures of Guy Noir, Private Detective? The singing? Tell me it's the singing.

Oh, the show's not ending. A guy from Nickle Creek is going to start hosting it.

I like the pretend commercials, OP.

king salmon
Oct 30, 2011

by Cowcaster
the mustard advisory board

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Neukoln19 posted:

i hate npr

but there are three things which will make me actually turn off npr:

the gay techno poo poo here on chicagos vocolo poo poo fest

radiolab, because it doesnt make any loving sense, but unlike some media that doesnt make any sense, it isnt any good

and praire home companion. it sucks. it sucks. garisson keillor sucks.

interestingly i will sit through their pledge drives

you're brave because i turn off npr during pledge drives, but i keep it on during radiolabs (though it's rarely on and only caught a couple episodes. the couple stories were interesting enough besides the wonky stupid lovely sound editing with them using every single sound effect from w/e lovely library they purchased in the 80s)

anyways gently caress phc

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I liked Lake Woebegon, didn't like PHC.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

he said he was quitting before and then didn't. so idk. im still convinced that the goons who hate keillor see him as basically the equivalent of an unfunny shitposter who gets handed big sacks of money for his rambling

i saw it live once :v:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lutha Mahtin posted:

im still convinced that the goons who hate keillor see him as basically the equivalent of an unfunny shitposter who gets handed big sacks of money for his rambling

i saw it live once :v:
ya thats basically how i view him, except he posts in byob

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hes a loving bigot piece of poo poo with a soothing voice

eat poo poo die

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

hes a loving bigot piece of poo poo with a soothing voice

eat poo poo die

you are probably the worst person i have ever seen

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
you are the "burger king" right?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
remember when i made all those threads about 5 guys burgers and poo poo? i dont know if you know this but it was because of you. you are horrid. anywhos peace

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

remember when i made all those threads about 5 guys burgers and poo poo? i dont know if you know this but it was because of you. you are horrid. anywhos peace

your gay

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
plus nooner

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hi nooner

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

im not nooner

mods???

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
anywhos, kill yourselves late

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
He's a big goony baby who threw a giant fit when one of his neighbors wanted to add on to their home near his dumb mansion.

gently caress 'm.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Deki posted:

He's a big goony baby who threw a giant fit when one of his neighbors wanted to add on to their home near his dumb mansion.

gently caress 'm.

what the gently caress are you talking about rear end in a top hat?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Why even have the PHC without him, might as well wrap it all up. For boring old people stuff we have the Vinyl Cafe to come in and it has the bonus of being Unintelligible Canadian Stuff will further rile goons.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

GBS - where all the women are men, all the men look like rapists, and all the posts are below average.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Kilmers Elbow posted:

GBS - where all the women are men, all the men look like rapists, and all the posts are below average.

why are you here???

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

dad gay. so what posted:

you are probably the worst person i have ever seen

how could u see me over the internet

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The women will always be strong, the men good looking, and the children above average.

Keillor is immortal to me, idk

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
PHC used to just be a hurdle to overcome on the way to Car Talk.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
Circle jerk show for people to circle jerk about because they are circle jerkers.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
HES LITERALLY LIKE A GOD TO ME THIS WAS THE BEST SHOW EVER IN ALL TIME AND

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Give Pat a Job posted:

PHC used to just be a hurdle to overcome on the way to Car Talk.

my parents always listened to these shows when I was growing up so it's weird now that the people on them are all old and dying. they've been my weekend background noise for decades. i respect the PHC crew for the amount of material they put out each year, even if the quality is pretty uneven.

any goons listen to Wits? that show was started by Minnesota public radio/american public media (they're the same company shh) in order to appeal to younger listeners. it can be hit or miss too. but then sometimes you get a magical sketch, like the one where keegan michael key plays pacman and has to deal with the creeping horror that he might have seen a ghost!!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I can't get very mad at prairie Home Companion, because we live in a universe where Says You! exists. Says You! is the worst radio show ever made.

It's worse than the worst TV show, movie or book, too. Says You! is loving horrible, and I actually hate the people who make it.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
what's the most apt adjective to describe his brand of humor?

folksy? smarmy? cloying?

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the ketchup sketch they do i guess

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GBS has a lot of public radio opinions and I guess it's just proof that everyone here is old now.

Passenger Of Shit
Apr 21, 2015

boom boom boom posted:

I can't get very mad at prairie Home Companion, because we live in a universe where Says You! exists. Says You! is the worst radio show ever made.

It's worse than the worst TV show, movie or book, too. Says You! is loving horrible, and I actually hate the people who make it.

gently caress you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
He is an insufferable douche

• Locked thread