Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Passenger Of poo poo posted:

gently caress you

How the gently caress could anyone derive any entertainment from Says You!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Free Toppings
Jul 1, 2007

SUCK
THE
SHIT
OUT
OF
MY
OWN
ASSHOLE
I guess I am backwards because I always liked Keillor and loving loathe Car Talk.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

How the gently caress could anyone derive any entertainment from Says You!?
There are devoted Vinyl Cafe fans.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ANOTHER SACRIFICE FOR THE BLOOD GOD HAIL SATAN

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I'm reading every post in his lake woebegone voice

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Dead car talk guy spinning in his grave like a wheel on an automobile *two old men laugh hysterically for three minutes*

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Wait wait is honestly the worst radio program I have ever listened to.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Miltank posted:

Wait wait is honestly the worst radio program I have ever listened to.

Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me!'s target audience is people who are actually excited about voting for Hillary Clinton

and I've just told a better joke than the D-list comedians like Mo Rocca or Paula Poundstone they bring on that terrible show

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Oh man where am I gonna go to hear more wacky Lutheran hijinks

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

ashgromnies posted:

Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me!'s target audience is people who are actually excited about voting for Hillary Clinton

Lol

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i guess he couldn't keep up that pace...forever

dude's pretty old, found a pretty good racket for himself though considering he wasn't very interesting or funny. if only we could make money for our uninteresting humorless posting

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

fuckin mo rocca

echopraxia
May 22, 2015
Wait wait is one of the few passable shows on NPR. Its at least better than that loving trivia show with the acoustic guitar or ira glass's quirky horseshit

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

ashgromnies posted:

and I've just told a better joke than the D-list comedians like Mo Rocca or Paula Poundstone they bring on that terrible show

It's kind of weird that Paula Poundstone actually has a steady work.

Not because of the child abuse thing, but because she's awful.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Every episode of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me there's at least one instance where everyone just gets quiet and sits patiently while Paula Poundstone spends 30 seconds laboriously trying to put together a joke in the same manner as somebody passing a kidney stone.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I like PHC for the fiddle music. Keilor has his moments but he isnt the main draw for me.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rajjoble posted:

creepy rear end voice

you have the wrongest opinion of them all

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

as a white female grad student, i like wait wait dont tell me

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
You are my most loathsome political ally

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Ya know I hear he killed a guy in Fargo and buried him in a gopher hole eh?

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Lutha Mahtin posted:

my parents always listened to these shows when I was growing up so it's weird now that the people on them are all old and dying. they've been my weekend background noise for decades. I respect the PHC crew for the amount of material they put out each year, even if the quality is pretty uneven.

I am the exact opposite. I didn't even really know what NPR was until that conservative kid with the mic drummed up a fake scandal. That was when I tuned in to hear what all the fuss was about. PHC ws really the only thing on it that I liked, and now it is asically over.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I guess since I went to both a PHC and Punch Brothers show in the last year this is a natural transition.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

I find PHC enjoyable and have found memories listening to it. RIP

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i think we can all agree that the evidence is strongly in favor of garrison keillor being a huge dick irl though

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
I wonder who they will get to bore me to sleep once he is gone. If background noise were given physical form, it'd be him.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

Xaris posted:

ya thats basically how i view him, except he posts in byob

Never

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Feminition posted:

as a white female grad student, i like wait wait dont tell me

You kids and your radio programs. :rolleyes: