Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

babypolis posted:

i think it says more about what goons care about than the state of the movie industry

lol no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Bourne 1 was pretty good but nothing special. The only thing I remember about the sequels was that the sound design was amazing.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

actually I'll watch Bourne 1 rn, thanks thread!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Oh wait, John Wick was p good

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Watching Transformers: Age of Extinction as we speak OP.

I think this might be the bad movie you're talking about.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Matey posted:

did they show puss in 80s movies? I feel like it was mostly if not exclusively titties. Don't get me wrong, titties are tite, but someone please prove me wrong and tell me about that 80s movies trim

There were a couple, but movies weren't in HD back then so . . .

Return of the Living Dead (1985) :nws: http://www.joblo.com/videos/movie-clips/hottie-linnea-quigley-return-of-the-living-dead :nws:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Angela Christine posted:

Return of the Living Dead (1985) :nws: http://www.joblo.com/videos/movie-clips/hottie-linnea-quigley-return-of-the-living-dead :nws:

horror movies dont count, jeez

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

The Dregs posted:

I really liked the Watchmen, but I never read comics so I can't get huffy about them ruining it.

i really really wanted to like the watchmen because i wanted to finally have a movie to point to all LOOOK TURNS OUT THEY DON'T ALL HAVE TO BE GARBAGE but when i rewatched it with friends a year later i couldn't fool myself anymore. it was bad :(

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
granted- it was bad for different reasons than all other superhero movies and they at least tried. i'll give it that. and it was lightyears ahead of marvel cgi summer blockbuster #23 but unfortunately that's not saying much

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

complaining about the bloated budgets of studios seems silly when right now its never been easier to produce and release indie movies. theres plenty of mindless flashy spectacle if you want that but theres also plenty of thoughtful slower stuff out there too

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
nothing wrong is bloated budget spectacle films, in fact they can be pretty spectacular (mad max) the difference is whether the director gave a poo poo while making it or not.

so yeah stick with indies, basically. any major label is just pushing out stuff based on a formula where they only change it just enough for most people to not recognize that they're making the same drat movie over and over.

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

Fog Tripper posted:

Oh wait, John Wick was p good

Yeah I actually quite liked that because he loved the headshot. I usually despise Keanu but I did like that.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Angela Christine posted:

Rutibex posted:

horror movies dont count, jeez

I'll allow it

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

i watched kingsman and it ended with a shot of a blonde ladies butthole

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

david... posted:

i watched kingsman and it ended with a shot of a blonde ladies butthole

not only does he murder every single rich person on earth he then goes to buttfuck a beautiful blond princess. kingsman has the best ending of all time

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Applewhite posted:

Watching Transformers: Age of Extinction as we speak OP.

I think this might be the bad movie you're talking about.

I think it might even be The Worst Movie.

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

RaceBannon posted:

I refuse to watch superhero movies.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

me too. superhero hating bro. theres a goon here for you

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

babypolis posted:

when this topic comes up goons always mention superhero movies but really as popular as they are its still a tiny fraction of all the movies made during a year and almsot all of them come out during the summer theres a ton of other good stuff out there and i think it says more about what goons care about than the state of the movie industry

nah

superhero movies being popular influences what your friends want to watch when you watch a movie together. a group larger than 3 or 4 isnt going to watch paths of glory or hiroshima mon amour for movie night, even if all people involved are fairly smart folks and "love movies". my friend, goons dont exist in a vacuum. unless if some people on this board literally have no friends.

some good films i've recently watched with friends: hot fuzz... wind also rises... the rifftrax of starship troopers. slim pickins

my favorite film of the past year was whiplash, but i watched that alone. idk if it would work as a movie night or an outing. probably some of the women would complain

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

the answer is "no they don't, stop watching lovely movies"

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Jupiter Ascending sucked penis, OP.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Interstellar was bad. It had pretty space stuff and that was it. Nolan is more of a cliché than joss whedon

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Nagato posted:

nah

superhero movies being popular influences what your friends want to watch when you watch a movie together. a group larger than 3 or 4 isnt going to watch paths of glory or hiroshima mon amour for movie night, even if all people involved are fairly smart folks and "love movies". my friend, goons dont exist in a vacuum. unless if some people on this board literally have no friends.

some good films i've recently watched with friends: hot fuzz... wind also rises... the rifftrax of starship troopers. slim pickins

my favorite film of the past year was whiplash, but i watched that alone. idk if it would work as a movie night or an outing. probably some of the women would complain

ive got a group of friends who go to the cinema every wednesday, regardless of whats on, and they've been doing it for about 10 years. ive seen every single lovely film circa 2005-2009 ama.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

opus111 posted:

ive got a group of friends who go to the cinema every wednesday, regardless of whats on, and they've been doing it for about 10 years. ive seen every single lovely film circa 2005-2009 ama.

what is your favorite food to snack on in the cinema?

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

opus111 posted:

Then I am simultaneously envious and sorry for you dude.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Have you seen whiplash? I honestly never wanted more to cum at the end of a film

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Matey posted:

what is your favorite food to snack on in the cinema?

the mans going every week, he can't be buying popcorn, hes not a millionaire

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How come in the Transformers movies they made Optimus into a really angry murder guy.

Taffer posted:

Interstellar was bad. It had pretty space stuff and that was it. Nolan is more of a cliché than joss whedon

Boy can't keep your wrongposting in a single thread can ya.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Taffer posted:

Actually Interstellar was good. Especially the robot.

Hollywood pls make a sequel to Interstellar that is just the robot for 90 minutes. TIA

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The movie woulda been better if they stuck with the original script where the Chinese had sent an expedition through but failed but their robots built their own society and they were the ones sending the message back through time. Still enjoyed what we got.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
would have been better if he'd sacrificed himself by flying into the blackhole and using his gravity superpowers to lift the super-spaceship into space but instead it went full-retarded

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
interstellar was pretentious boring hackneyed poo poo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol the docking scene after Matt Damon blows the hatch is both amazing AND exciting

naem
May 29, 2011

Applewhite posted:

Hollywood pls make a sequel to Interstellar that is just the robot for 90 minutes. TIA

The other 90 minutes should be Jessica Chastain and Anne Hathaway fighting an alien in their underpants

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Applewhite posted:

The robot was cool and good and possibly the only good thing about interstellar besides shiny visuals

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
my fav character was anne hathaway as christmas jones

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Rutibex posted:

the mans going every week, he can't be buying popcorn, hes not a millionaire

well, maybe he sneaks food in. I hear mr pibb plus redvines equals crazy delicious :xd::xd::xd::xd::xd:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
1998 was a great year for movies, maybe the best

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Nagato posted:

nah

Nah your friends just suck. I've seen numerous good films with a group of people who appreciate good films.

Lol you seriously think groups of people are only watching popcorn flicks together? You should move somewhere with culture and also raise your standards.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

moose face posted:

It is the year we got to see Kevin Bacon's dick, so.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moose face posted:

yeh 1998, unlike ur girlfriend, cant be eaten

• Locked thread