Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Pro_JN and badbrakes playing Zelda 2 with one controller are still playing substantially better than I could ever dream of playing on my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

MrLonghair posted:

FF9 on the yellow stream, 9h35m estimate. Previously the ESA thought was to get nothing longer than six hours unless it's god-tier.
so Crash Bash is god-tier?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

CrashCat posted:

so Crash Bash is god-tier?

It's no Yoshi's Cookie tournament.

Very good FF9 at least, talkative, informative, the way I like it a lot. Most eager for the madness to be seen in Saturday's GTA5 run, been watching practice.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

These donation comments are really terrible.

EDIT: "What are your top 3 loli?" Bye yellow stream.

Mr E fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 1, 2015

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

RIP doom 2 run

e: haha it was noobest too, he should just stop coming to ESA, it's a curse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlEFrs-m2PE

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jul 1, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Only two people I recognize here that being Cereth (big FF speedrunner) and Neviutz (who I absolutely adore his Persona and Xillia runs).

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
RIP donation reader who couldn't wait two minutes to stop interrupting the runner :confused:

e: finally a replacement

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jul 2, 2015

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy
Is it me or is ESA too shy about pushing the fact that it's also a charity event? There's plenty of space on the layout to put the ESF logo there at the very least, and for the donation readers/runners to interject with brief reminders, too. That's the only bad thing I have to say about it, as it's been a relaxed, fun stream.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Erata posted:

Is it me or is ESA too shy about pushing the fact that it's also a charity event? There's plenty of space on the layout to put the ESF logo there at the very least, and for the donation readers/runners to interject with brief reminders, too. That's the only bad thing I have to say about it, as it's been a relaxed, fun stream.

Unless something changed, official priority/#1 thing about ESA is the social thing and gaming together. Charitable business being a nice appreciated bonus, but it's pretty under-represented. Purple stream has been without a donation reader since the original one at Advance Wars ran off after being told to stop interrupting the runner's speech twice. Chances are the replacement couldn't figure out the Push To Talk pedal and read in vain.

Could easily jam in a little briefer about MSF every other run and what ESA's all about.

e: Vice City 100% by LotsofS on purple in a few minutes

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 2, 2015

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

Unless something changed, official priority/#1 thing about ESA is the social thing and gaming together. Charitable business being a nice appreciated bonus, but it's pretty under-represented. Purple stream has been without a donation reader since the original one at Advance Wars ran off after being told to stop interrupting the runner's speech twice. Chances are the replacement couldn't figure out the Push To Talk pedal and read in vain.

Could easily jam in a little briefer about MSF every other run and what ESA's all about.

e: Vice City 100% by LotsofS on purple in a few minutes

They've been talking about MSF every few runs, but ESA from what I understand is like you say, more a social and speedrunning event.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Mr E posted:

They've been talking about MSF every few runs, but ESA from what I understand is like you say, more a social and speedrunning event.

Oh, It felt sparse during night-time when I watched most of it. More could tastefully be done,it was gigglefit o'clock for the hosts.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

Oh, It felt sparse during night-time when I watched most of it. More could tastefully be done,it was gigglefit o'clock for the hosts.

Yeah the hosts are useless as it gets later.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

SWAT4 9 player co-op must-see hilarities starting on the main stream whenever Twitch decides to let it stream again ("Failed to load video")

e Alright it's stable now, four screens instead of nine which nuked that fresh computer they built to handle streaming. Unfortunately they've been playing the game for nearly 15 minutes as the stream finally returns. Welp.
e: Forget it, it's dead

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jul 3, 2015

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

uuuuuuuuuh

GTA 5 co-op no mission skips starting very soon, must-see if you want to see its singleplayer rocked so hard http://www.twitch.tv/esamarathon2

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jul 4, 2015

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I've been watching this all week and it's been fun. Compared to GDQ events the scale is smaller and it seems more laid back, in a way. Not as much HYPE or funny outfits or constant focus on the donation amount. Very entertaining runs, though. I really liked the 9 hour FFIX stream, they managed to fill the space pretty well.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
Does anyone have the VOD of the CNC Tiberium Sun run?

Had ESA on all week but barely watched the stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

MVP posted:

Does anyone have the VOD of the CNC Tiberium Sun run?

Had ESA on all week but barely watched the stream

http://www.twitch.tv/esamarathon2/v/6727219?t=07h03m15s

They're all listed here: https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/3bffcp/esq_vods_thread_2015/

• Locked thread