Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Splendid film. The film's emotional through-line is really well handled and I get the feeling that they first worked out what Riley's story was going to be, beginning to end, then came up with the Emotions' story based on that. It's very coherent on that level, since she's not allowing herself to be sad she can't really be herself.

Would probably have appreciated the animation more if I hadn't seen this at a drive-in very far back. I would kinda like to see this in 3-D just for the crazy abstract "shortcut" scene.

The voice cast was superb- none of it felt like stunt casting, even Lewis Black. (I mean it's sort of obvious but he does well.) Also Kyle freaking MacLachlan is the dad!

Also, while Pixar keeps up the tradition of really freaking sad moments, they may have managed their freakiest bit yet with the bisected dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Lava was predictable but I still have the song in my head so at least a partial success.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm with you on the corporate thing but I don't think reading the story from the mother's POV adds more than it takes away. The mother really doesn't understand what's going on inside- she doesn't see that suppressing her sadness has made her unable to feel much of anything.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BUTT posted:

the idea that a child being LGBT and aware of said LGBT-ness is somehow creepy needs to die yesterday, regardless of whether it applies to this movie.

def want a Sadness plush though

I'm open to the idea that Riley is something other than 100% hetero, which is well past due, I just don't think the argument was convincing.

• Locked thread