Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The corporate-ization of the mind was interesting. It hit all the corporate notes, and I found a bunch of lil injokes both condemning and celebrating that sort of culture. The way the jellybean folk are matterafact about their job, the way management (the emotions) had rusty or very little knowledge about the ground floor operation, and the technical training manual nook looks exactly like how a couple of my previous jobs handled documentation.

Its not the main thrust of the film, and they don't get into it deeply, nor should it. But I appreciated it.

The other emotions being useless when left at the controls felt like it was Joy's fault. She was the overbearing type of boss that never trusted anyone else to do anything, so she dominated the controls and pushed sadness into the sadness circle. So of course if she was out the whole office would burn down, Joy made it that way. I really wish they went harder on that arc.

Sidenote: 11 year old niece's opinion on the SF townhouse: ew yucky. 25 year old me's opinion on the SF townhouse: That is a loving mansion in downtown SF, this lil girl dont know how good she got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Its a california rent joke. Rent is high in SF. That townhouse is a unbelievable find that could easily go for $4000 per month.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Spatula City posted:

It's me. I'm the one that wants a Sadness plush. :3:

Disgust is my spirit animal.

The Disney toy machine will absolutely destroy with this movie. I dont think it'll hit Frozen levels of merch saturation, but it'll do really really well.

Anyone seen how Tumblr reacted to this movie? I see this film giving flimsy validation that the headmate community will latch on to. Its like the 11 year old demographic from 10 years ago never stopped buying.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Holy gently caress I forgot about Zootopia. It'll be Lola Bunny and spacejam all over again!

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Fuckalla yall, Lava is great.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
But what did you think about the sexuality of an 11 year old girl or the state of the real estate market in San Fran compared to Montana?

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Good, sure.

But cool? You'd be hard-pressed to find a more square motion picture from recent years. Maybe Aloha is less hip.

I dunno, Aloha seems itll be p cool. Polynesian afterlife seems like a dope setting.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I just feel like the visuals and feel didnt match up to Pixar's previous films. Especially with the concept.

In WALL-E you had earth covered in skyscrapers of trash. In Nemo the sea is a vibrant colorful community. In Up you had a lush jungle and was tranported there by a house lifted by a bajillion colorful ballons.

In Inside Out you go into the mind. That should be fuckin dope! Oh... it just looks like my company's executive offices... and a nice verson of a warehouse...

Balls...

Still a good movie. Just not Pixar's best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

I guess I don't know how to read movies.

Its why I come to CineD to read about movies I saw wrong.

• Locked thread