Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I was just driving home and it occurred to me - I have no idea how many different cars I've ridden in. I bet it's like a thousand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
three

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
A thousand cars? wtf?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

A thousand cars? wtf?

working the street means you see the insides of a lot of cars

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

A thousand cars? wtf?

Over a whole lifetime? I think its possible.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I don't think you guys are taking my question very seriously.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

my profile says 23,473 but i know it must be higher because i found a way to increase my cpm (cars per minute) to like 5.3-7.7.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
i dont gently caress cars op just dudes

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Frog Act posted:

I was just driving home and it occurred to me - I have no idea how many different cars I've ridden in. I bet it's like a thousand.

You whore.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

It was largely platonic, with the exception of my high school girlfriends 1992 LeSabre

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

i was "inside" a lightning mcqueen cosplayer once

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015
what a valid question maybe the dmv should ask this

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i dunno about riding but i do know i have driven 75±5 different freeway legal motor vehicles

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
I've driven at least a few thousand, maybe more

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
for ppl saying "thousands" - i don't think you've thought this through. or you're really bad at abstract estimation.

i'd say the average middle-aged adult would be - maybe - a couple hundred different cars. maybe.

Bugdrvr
Mar 7, 2003

I've worked on cars for a living since around 1998. I have been in lots and lots of different cars. I don't remember the nicest but do remember the dirtiest ones.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

for ppl saying "thousands" - i don't think you've thought this through. or you're really bad at abstract estimation.

i'd say the average middle-aged adult would be - maybe - a couple hundred different cars. maybe.

I'll grant that I am really bad at estimating things like that but 200 cars doesn't seem like enough. I've been in a lot of cars I think.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
As many as the amount of dicks that have been in your mom.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
think about all the planes you've been on, each with its own different inspections missed. each flight bearing the risk of any part of the plane failing, dropping you out of the sky like a 10 ton aluminum turkey that god never intended to fly

lol if your reading this at a airport

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

I'm not your average middle aged adult. My professional and private lives both revolve around cars.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I'd guess probably around a hundred for me.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
in the end, we are all cars in a way

for our skeletons

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Zzulu posted:

in the end, we are all cars in a way

for our skeletons

skeleton cars sounds like a sweet band name

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Do buses count?

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
Put it like this 365 days a year, minus 104 for Saturday's and Sunday's off, another 25 for vacation and holidays etc. that's 236 working days in a year. Some days I work on 1 car for a big project, others 5+, so I think 3 a day is a nice conservative average. That's 708. Now I've been working on this one manufacturer for over 10 years, so 7080 just for one make alone. That doesn't even count the independent shops I've worked at or the poo poo I do in my spare time. I guess you're right, I was way off.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Mostly the backseats of cars. I'm sure your mom remembers how many better than I do.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

Lufiron posted:

Put it like this 365 days a year, minus 104 for Saturday's and Sunday's off, another 25 for vacation and holidays etc. that's 236 working days in a year. Some days I work on 1 car for a big project, others 5+, so I think 3 a day is a nice conservative average. That's 708. Now I've been working on this one manufacturer for over 10 years, so 7080 just for one make alone. That doesn't even count the independent shops I've worked at or the poo poo I do in my spare time. I guess you're right, I was way off.

we get it dude, you work with cars

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
less than a thousand, more than a hundred

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
twenty three short busses

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stoic Commie posted:

twenty three short busses
that too

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I take a lot of taxis for work so I bet it's over a hundred.....over a hundred cars.....

I wish I could swap that for how many women i've been in.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

spud posted:

I take a lot of taxis for work so I bet it's over a hundred.....over a hundred cars.....

I wish I could swap that for how many women i've been in.

Not if the women smelled like the taxis.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

gleebster posted:

Not if the women smelled like the taxis.

Eh....I have low standards

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
parody thread idea: how many moms you been inside

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I have no idea but it has to be a lot because I take black cars everywhere when I am in the city.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Demonachizer posted:

I have no idea but it has to be a lot because I take black cars everywhere when I am in the city.

Racist.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ive been in a lot of police cars

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

spud posted:

Racist.

I am black so it is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystery Steve
Nov 9, 2006
Fun Shoe
gently caress you I'm gonna be counting cars all night now.

• Locked thread