Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
without feeling self conscious?

for me about 20-30 mins maybe more if in top 66.6 - 75% of page 1

good threads can't die but at the same time you don't want to be that guy who people know is looking at page 2 and posting in that poo poo, just have hope that someone else does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
i am sorry to hear about your autism op and i hope that you get better

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
i genuinely don't think about it, usually on mobile so i probably necro thread all the time w/o knowing or caring. HTH

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

lol nooner got a 30 day probation for necroing a bunch of old threads it was pretty lolfunny

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Matey posted:

lol nooner got a 30 day probation for necroing a bunch of old threads it was pretty lolfunny

36 mins right here

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Vin BioEthanol posted:

36 mins right here

might wanna check that math again bub

yoloer420
May 19, 2006
Six months

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
oh snap

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Matey posted:

wait why? if a thread hasn't been goldmined gassed or closed you can still post in it...

was this a ralp thing?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I pretty much only ever look at the first page, so however old the posts on the first page are.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Sonofsilversign posted:

wait why? if a thread hasn't been goldmined gassed or closed you can still post in it...

was this a ralp thing?

not sure. i just remember seeing his rap sheet and loling

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Matey posted:

not sure. i just remember seeing his rap sheet and loling

I think it's because people sometimes use it to troll the first page, filling it with old dumb threads that had properly faded away from notice.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Vin BioEthanol posted:

without feeling self conscious?

for me about 20-30 mins maybe more if in top 66.6 - 75% of page 1

good threads can't die but at the same time you don't want to be that guy who people know is looking at page 2 and posting in that poo poo, just have hope that someone else does

yep

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

IDK I hadn't really thought about it much, OP

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

i guess a week or so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Here is the official policy:

Ralp posted:

There is no penalty if you're adding something even a little bit worthwhile. Recently someone mass-necroed a whole page of old threads about to fall into archives, and someone else bumped an awful and highly illegal "free my buddy" thread in GBS with an empty quote. These are the acts of posters trying to make the forums worse instead of adding to them. (and actually I even reversed the second guy's ban anyway due to someone else's apology/explanation, but it's still a good example and might be specifically what you are referring to in the first place)

• Locked thread