Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Posting styles are outdated. In today's crowded marketplace, the only way to stand out is through branding. There are thousands of content creators on this very forum. What are you doing to make sure you get your message out?
Here's some cool tips for building your personal brand:
1. Always sign your posts, so everyone knows your name.
2. Test your posts in focus groups before making them.
3. Create an eye-catching logo for your avatar, so people remember you when you post.
4. Develop a deep knowledge of one area of comedy and post about it exclusively.
5. Make "guest posts" in the threads of other content creators to reach a new audience.
6. Always snype, so your posts are at the top of every page.
7. Consider farming out low-level posts to an overseas agency to build up a solid white-noise presence, leaving you free to craft, test, and deliver premium content.
8. Tap into big data. Use a posting app to run analytics on your best posts, who quotes you, and where you can improve your outreach.

What do you do to increase brand awareness and convert leads into fans, GBS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Ways to monetize your posting:
1. Sell a post.
2. Post by commission.
3. Allow a post to be sold through inaction.
4. Blackmail gay republicans.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Write your username on your dick, take a dick pic, post it on the interwebs

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Great. Great discussion guys, really great. Love the energy. Now, let me just steal the spotlight for one quick second because this is a great moment to talk about affiliate posting. All you have to do is link one of your own posts inside a post. Simple, right? But everyone who clicks on that link gives you 2 views for 1 viewer. Talk about that ratio! Now, if they go on to emptyquote your post, share it on Twitter, and so on, things really take off and you can drive a lot of traffic to your content via that link. It's a great way to expose new people to your brand.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

people who are genuinely enthusiastic about marketing are psychopaths

like there are piles of reputable studies that have objectively proven this

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
Terrific feedback, that's great. I'm super stoked that you are participating in my brand's conversation. Now, if you are really looking to make your posts POP right off the page, I suggest using more positive language. Words like "psycopath" and poor capitalization are just going to turn your reader off. You don't want them to associate your brand with negativity, do you? Of course not! So let's jazz up those posts with some positive phrasing to get your reader's endorphins flowing!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Tom Gorman posted:

people who are genuinely enthusiastic about marketing are psychopaths

like there are piles of reputable studies that have objectively proven this

This guy gets it!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i want to wampa stompa on your tiny, lopsided balls until you start puking from the pain

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Ork of Fiction posted:

This guy gets it!

Great use of images to convey your message! Images and infographics are perfect for branding, because they are easy to read, easy to understand, and easy to share! Keep those .jpgs and .pngs coming!

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
1. Information is power, make sure your posts are well informed
2. Maybe hold off from criticising others until you can learn to laugh at yourself too
3. Get their attention with colourful images and graphics
4. Ascertain if your posts are suited to the forum demographic
5. You have to evolve your style to stay edgy

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Here's some cool tips for building your personal brand
A bullet point list? Use a proper two-by-two matrix, for Porter's sake.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

I'm posting about posting in a posted thread about posting

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Shirley Crabtree posted:

1. Information is power, make sure your posts are well informed
2. Maybe hold off from criticising others until you can learn to laugh at yourself too
3. Get their attention with colourful images and graphics
4. Ascertain if your posts are suited to the forum demographic
5. You have to evolve your style to stay edgy

Great work! Use abbreviations to sum up concepts for the reader! You went the extra mile and made your abbreviation a mnemonic AND related to a trending topic. Well done! That's the perfect way to communicate to readers who are into current events. By talking about "Gay" you are showing them just how in tune you are. Very nice!

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Quality posts for sale
Ask about bulk rates!

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Ephemeron posted:

A bullet point list? Use a proper two-by-two matrix, for Porter's sake.

That's a wonderful idea! A matrix shows the reader your message in an elegant form that gives them a spacial understanding of the relationship between several concepts. If you can get an infographic, that will be even more appealing.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

ok we get it op

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
The discussion here is going great, guys, well done. Community feedback like this is the bedrock to my brand, and yours too. Now let's discuss ratings. Thread ratings are super important for driving new visitors to your thread and getting those view counts up. The higher your rating, the more eyeballs you are going to get! It might be tempting to start "posting cartels" or "ratings circles" where a group of posters conspires to rate each other 5s. That's not going to cut it! With so many threads out there, you need true, organic, community-based ratings to stand out. It takes a lot of votes to sustain that golden 5, and no cartel will be big enough to do it! Plus, when you have true, organic support, you know your content is taking off in your target demo.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Matey posted:

ok we get it op

I can see you aren't as interested in branding tips as some of the other posters here. If you give me your email address, I can sign you up for my weekly Posting Tips newsletter, which might strike your fancy. It's chock full of the techniques I use to post and maintain my brand. Best of all, it's totally FREE!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lets pivot

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
"Voted" 5

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Great use of linking! I'm going to reward your effort by engaging with your content!

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I was involved in some marketing projects a while back and goddamn was it fun. It was like getting paid to play mind games with large amounts of people.

Tony_Montana
Apr 1, 2010

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Posting styles are outdated. In today's crowded marketplace, the only way to stand out is through branding. There are thousands of content creators on this very forum. What are you doing to make sure you get your message out?
Here's some cool tips for building your personal brand:
1. Always sign your posts, so everyone knows your name.
2. Test your posts in focus groups before making them.
3. Create an eye-catching logo for your avatar, so people remember you when you post.
4. Develop a deep knowledge of one area of comedy and post about it exclusively.
5. Make "guest posts" in the threads of other content creators to reach a new audience.
6. Always snype, so your posts are at the top of every page.
7. Consider farming out low-level posts to an overseas agency to build up a solid white-noise presence, leaving you free to craft, test, and deliver premium content.
8. Tap into big data. Use a posting app to run analytics on your best posts, who quotes you, and where you can improve your outreach.

What do you do to increase brand awareness and convert leads into fans, GBS?

When people IRL talk like that I feel like running far, far away and hiding.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Tony_Montana posted:

When people IRL talk like that I feel like running far, far away and hiding.

It seems that my language isn't really hitting home with you. Thanks for the feedback! I'll make an effort to shift my tone and see if I can hit better conversion rates in your demo.

clammy
Nov 25, 2004

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

That's some really good content! Really catches the eye! But why not capitalize on that opportunity to bring your leads further down the funnel?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

suck my dick

praxis
Aug 1, 2003

I really like what I'm hearing but we need to visualize some high quality metrics and cultivate these one-to-one strategic theme areas.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
storytelling

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
but OP how do you sign your posts if sigs are banned because SOMEBODY was a stupid lovely poopy baby and whined about them in QCS

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Ready to do some crystal reports now

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I could not be more stoked about this community feedback and reader-generated content. I'm going to recruit some more diverse voices to weigh in on this thread. Wish me luck!

Ask me about posting tips and personal branding!
<<PQKP>>

Rhizoids
Jul 4, 2009

by Ralp
Excellent thread op you da bomb

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

Rhizoids posted:

Excellent thread op you da bomb

Thanks, friend!

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I've put out some feelers in some of the more diverse sections of the Something Awful forums. Let's see who joins the discussion!

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
People who work in marketing/advertising should be executed IMO. They don't really do anything

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

I've put out some feelers in some of the more diverse sections of the Something Awful forums. Let's see who joins the discussion!

the south shall rise again op

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
not enough lamp posts

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006
this is a good thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

People who work in marketing/advertising should be executed IMO. They don't really do anything

lol yeah cause value is self-evident and people buy poo poo based solely on rational self-interest and weeks and weeks of research.

people who offhandedly dismiss marketing/advertising are oblivious to the fact that people other than them have different thoughts. why is coke doing better than pepsi?

• Locked thread