Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The hardest thing to write in the history of the world. How the hell do you close out The Simpsons? You can't do any poo poo that's already been done as a gimmick, you gotta do something completely new that will be remembered forever, for better or (probably) worse. Here are some ideas to get started:

- Lisa gets into a private school in another state
- Mr. Burns is dead, and SOMEONE needs to replace him as boss at the Nuclear Power Plant!
- Marge is pregnant again
- Spacetime collapses from the impossibility of no one aging
- Ralph gets shot

Submit your own! Maybe we can get a script if someone has a good enough idea! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the simpsons was over years ago

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just stop airing new episodes. Why do they gotta say goodbye?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

homer kills and eats marge

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
nuclear plant explodes killing everyone

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

guest starring matt groening who is so disappointed with how bad the simpsons has got that he blows his brains out

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Grandpa gets put on life support, acts as allegory for The Simpsons. Last shot is family walking out of hospital after pulling the plug.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
Wow, talk about a blast from the past! I didn't know SpiderHyphenMan was still even posting

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lisa gets braces

Future Mrs Booger
Jan 18, 2012
The Simpson family goes on trial for mocking an overweight gentleman as he is being mugged. They are then arrested for violating Springfield's new "Good Samaritan" law for not helping the man being mugged. Over the next two episodes, all of the different people throughout the series are brought back to testify about them at the trial. Right as the judge is about to announce his verdict, "I find you..." it cuts to black.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Homer: "I have to go now, my planet needs me."

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Karl cucks homer with marge with his BBC
ned gay, so what.
bart gets a tumor

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Some redditor posted some scrub recursive idea where the end of the episode is just a recreation of the standard couch gag. Do that, it's not like there's anything else that'll make people even remotely happy other than tying a bow on things and saying "this was important."

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'll never understand why the show stayed on after Phil Hartman died.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Because he played minor characters and the show generates money?

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Mozi posted:

Homer: "I have to go now, my planet needs me."

With the cel pullout. ..if they had any balls.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
End of a one off episode parodying the confederate flag controversy as Springfield elects to secede from the union only to immediately be invaded by Canada, Mexico, Russia, North Korea, and Nebraska. Simply flashes on the screen "Thanks for 25 great years!"

Simpsons movie 2 announced six weeks later.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

If a show ends on TV, but no one watches it anymore, does it really have a finale?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Has the Simpsons parodied the Sopranos finale yet? They could do that in the finale. Except in the end Homer gets blasted away by Chief Wiggums.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
homer realizes that throughout life and history, nothing really changes, and that you should enjoy the moment for what it is and spend more time with your family

bart does something wacky

"why you little"

fin

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Rosalind posted:

If a show ends on TV, but no one watches it anymore, does it really have a finale?
Well we both love Korra so.

Calbiyum
May 18, 2015

Lord of Pie posted:

Lisa gets braces

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

ShaqDiesel posted:

With the cel pullout. ..if they had any balls.

that would be badass

Plexiwatt
Sep 6, 2002

by exmarx
The thing's hollow — it goes on forever — and — oh my God! — it's full of Marge!

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Everyone dies from the yellow dye Mr. Burns has been putting in the water so he can see them trying to break onto his property in the dark

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Raku posted:

Everyone dies from the yellow dye Mr. Burns has been putting in the water so he can see them trying to break onto his property in the dark
I actually love this.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

homer's alcoholism catches up to him

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Rapture happens but completely skips over springfield, leaving them untouched... But for how long? Witness, this Sunday at 8PM, the end of The Simpsons and the beginning of The Walking D'oh.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They get arrested and the trial is a clip show. The episode ends with them being led into a cell; Hommer screams and the camera pans over to the bones of the Seinfeld cast.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
it ends but then there's a Better Call Moe spinoff

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

a bone to pick posted:

The Rapture happens but completely skips over springfield, leaving them untouched... But for how long? Witness, this Sunday at 8PM, the end of The Simpsons and the beginning of The Walking D'oh.

:eyepop: a bone to pick posts something that isn't the equivalent of "this sucks" or "you suck" or "I hate everything"

*lights a candle in reverence*

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

:eyepop: a bone to pick posts something that isn't the equivalent of "this sucks" or "you suck" or "I hate everything"

youll be dead one day

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Grandpa Abe gets put on an obama death panel

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Orkin Mang posted:

youll be dead one day

as will we all

it'll be great

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

as will we all

it'll be great

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

What can I say, threads have been good lately.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Harald posted:

nuclear plant explodes killing everyone
i like this idea

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

gnarlyhotep posted:

I like you and also get the distinct impression that I'm one of the few who likes you and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I like you and also get the distinct impression that I'm one of the few who likes you and vice versa.

I don't know who likes you and I don't care who likes me, but I know you were around for the bad old days in GBS. Good to see you back.

• Locked thread