Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
QP got her pudding back :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I got Lemon down twice and THEY STILL COULDN'T PULL OFF A WIN.

If you're gonna talk about me in the third person, the least you could is not spread lies of my well-deserved victory. :colbert:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thinking on it, it might be useful to include a list of people's in-game names in the OP.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
if you win as popopo does she keep all the stuff she stole?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
You can't replace lives, Boom Boom.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Strange Quark posted:

If you're gonna talk about me in the third person, the least you could is not spread lies of my well-deserved victory. :colbert:

No you played very well. Besides the moment when all of us decided to gang up on you at the end I really enjoyed when you landed on that exchange trap. Unfortunately I misused 2/3 of the hypers I stole.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 29, 2015

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It was a fun moment full of revenge kills, gently caress-ups, jerky RNG, one-rolls, and then Twiddy accidentally passed by Home instead of claiming his victory.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I've finished QP's plot and extra mission, how do I d a second characters plot?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

They showed up for me after I exited out to the main menu and went back in.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
also, i didnt see a lobby so i made one.

name: adtrw, pw: goons

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

they should all be there once you beat QP's scenario

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Allarion posted:

It was a fun moment full of revenge kills, gently caress-ups, jerky RNG, one-rolls, and then Twiddy accidentally passed by Home instead of claiming his victory.

iirc he used a hyper to guarantee a victory roll and that brought him down to 198 stars. :lol:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

You need to buy the other characters to get access to their campaigns, so you need to buy suguri, kai, and the other one

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

My computer crashed

It happens. A lot, actually

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man, that final boss and map is even more bullshit.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

iirc he used a hyper to guarantee a victory roll and that brought him down to 198 stars. :lol:

Yuuup. I misread 228 as 238 and thought I could afford it. :bang: :cheers:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Sorry about the connection issues. I've started another lobby.

ADTRW
goons

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 29, 2015

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

Guide to cheating with cheat engine:

Step 1. Open cheat engine and open the process in cheat engine you wish to cheat (100% Orange Juice in this case, should be easy to find)

Step 2. Start a single player game and look at your star count. Type this number into the "Value" part and click "First Scan" while making sure scan type is set to Exact Value and value type is set to 4 Bytes. Clicking "First Scan" should bring up a whole buncha numbers.

Step 3. Do anything to change your star value in the game (ie lose a star, get a new star, anything that changes its initial value to a new value that is not the same as its initial value). Enter this new value into cheat engine in the "Value" section and click "Next Scan" (do NOT click new scan or you will have to start this process over). Clicking "next scan" should bring up a bunch of numbers, but a much smaller amount of them.

Step 4. Repeat Step 3 (changing your star value, placing this changed value into the "value" section and clicking "next scan") until you end up with only 2 results left. These 2 values are your star value. You will want to highlight these values, click "Add selected values to the address list", and then highlight both addresses in the address list (holding shift lets you select multiple addresses) and double click the value while continuing to hold down shift and you will be asked to set the value of the addresses. Set it to some high number above 200. From there, you will want to look at the address list and click the checkbox on both of these values (located at the far left of the addresses) in order to "freeze" the address at that value.

Step 5. Play the game as normal, holding down control and shift to vastly speed up turns and always choose the star normas and you will win the round in around 2-5 minutes. As an added bonus, you can keep the values frozen at that number and as long as all you are doing is playing single player, the game will remember that your stars are set to whatever high number you set them at for each new game. Just remember to close out of cheat engine when playing multiplayer though, unless you want to get VAC banned for 100% Orange Juice of all things.

For some added insurance with the campaign, you can repeat steps 2-4 using the star values of your enemies and force them to constantly have 0 stars or use it with your HP value to force yourself to have a large amount of infinite HP so that you can't ever be killed. Remember that when you do this once, as long as you don't close out of cheat engine or close out of 100% OJ or go into 100% OJ's multiplayer mode, you can continue to play single player with these same addresses' values frozen no matter how many new single player games you start, so with this method you can easily complete the campaigns and extra levels to unlock the rest of the characters.

Thanks for this. Immensely less frustrating than actually playing SP.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

You can actually just set your norma level to 5 and win immediately. Norma is 4 bytes starting at value 0 (so, first scan for 0, then next scan for 1 after you gain a norma level) and ending at 5 for a win state.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
down for a quick game, adtrw/goons

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Polsy posted:

You can actually just set your norma level to 5 and win immediately. Norma is 4 bytes starting at value 0 (so, first scan for 0, then next scan for 1 after you gain a norma level) and ending at 5 for a win state.

Cool, thanks, does that stick between rounds or do you have to set it up each time

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Cool, thanks, does that stick between rounds or do you have to set it up each time

It sticks, it's actually consistently the exact 4 bytes behind the first 'stars' value (at least, for me)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Polsy posted:

It sticks, it's actually consistently the exact 4 bytes behind the first 'stars' value (at least, for me)

Cool

I already beat all the single player poo poo but hopefully this makes it easier for others to beat the single player quickly to unlock the other characters

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
If you plan on buying the game/dlc for yourself it's marginally cheaper on their website. The four pack is almost 50% off if you want to buy for it for yourself and friends.

http://sites.fastspring.com/fruitbatfactory/product/buy

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Let's juice! Lobby adtrw password goons.

Chumbler brought up in the chat thread that we could use steam voice chat while playing. If you think that's a good idea message me on Steam and i'll set it up. my steam id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/droyer264

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Droyer posted:

Let's juice! Lobby adtrw password goons.

Chumbler brought up in the chat thread that we could use steam voice chat while playing. If you think that's a good idea message me on Steam and i'll set it up. my steam id is http://steamcommunity.com/id/droyer264

You should be able to do it through just going in the adtrw steam group chat I think.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

You should be able to do it through just going in the adtrw steam group chat I think.

use the loving steam chat you Dorks!!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

who wants to die first :getin:?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
A weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

You are the literal worst.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
i'm making a new lobby. adtrw, goons, y'all know the drill

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

I know that feeling.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I knew the dice would not abandon me in my time of need.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Nothing worse than being three spaces from the finish line and rolling ones twice in a row.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jun 30, 2015

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Droyer posted:

I knew the dice would not abandon me in my time of need.

well its not like you're Seph or anything.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
we need a fourth

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This is a stupid game for stupid people. That's what I say.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

This is a stupid game for stupid people. That's what I say.

i hate it *plays for hours*

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
There's little as satisfying as rolling the catgirl with the gun and throwing oneself into battle over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

we need a fourth

I will answer the call.

• Locked thread