Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
In order to buy a character from the store, you must first encounter them in singleplayer. This is unfortunate because singleplayer is the opposite of fun.

Furthermore, the spread is such that you won't encounter every character on any one playthrough, so you'll have to tackle at least two different character's story modes if you want to get everyone. Or almost everyone.

The game's "Boss" character can only be unlocked by beating everyone's story mode and all the extra challenges where the computer doesn't even try to pretend it isn't cheating. It isn't worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

People need to know my OJ game is legit.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Idk if thread mentioned it yet but when you're building your deck, there's a thing at the top that says "1 2 3 S" and that's to save your deck for that particular character. You hit S and then click a number to save your current card loadout to that number for that character.
The greatest mystery solved.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Droyer posted:

After playing single player for a while I have come to the realization that Hime is a real fucker.
The final challenge that must be beaten to unlock her involves playing against three Himes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You might say she's ubiquitous.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You can't replace lives, Boom Boom.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

100% Orange Juice is a good game provided you have at least three friends you can afford to get super mad at and say dumb stuff to when you lose.

If you don't even have three friends, I don't know what to tell you.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Lotta Saki's cookies and being on fire when you main Yuki.

I too always throw in a Here and There, just in case.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Lobby up, two players needed.

Lobby: Jigen's Gravestone
Password: Goons

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Yuki is the best girl.

There's no shame in acknowledging that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I have done that.

It works quite well.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I will continue using Yuki as the original dedicated Yuki player but the rest of you impostors better clean your act up.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's certainly true that the person who takes the early lead is seldom the one who wins.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Click this link if you want to friend me on steam.

I actually don't own too many multiplayer games, but I'm typically up for chatting about whatever. To namedrop a few titles for the OP though: 100% Orange Juice, Age of Empires II, Civilization V, Greed Corp, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2, Metal Slug, Metal Slug 3, Monaco, Portal 2. Those three in bold there are the games I am most likely willing to jump into at a moment's notice; the rest, not so much.

I technically own a few other games with multiplayer but they either don't work so good (Saints Row: The Third) or I don't like them too much (Torchlight II).

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 7, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Just checked and am disappointed to see that War of the Human Tanks is single-player only.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I also have Risk of Rain but unless they patched it the method to get multiplayer working is really annoying.

I've never hosted or joined a successful game.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Every Metal Slug game worth playing is currently on sale on steam for like $4 a pop.

Several of us do co-op so it's probably worth picking up at least one of them.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

the meteor fuckers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMGMZsKXz94&t=25s

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas are good.

Your computer can definitely run Fallout 1 and 2.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Fallout 3 is probably a good game on its own terms but having played 1 and 2 I'm contractually obligated to be a crotchety old man about the direction they took things in.

EDIT: This isn't to imply you haven't played the original, or that playing the original necessitates disliking 3, just that for me it resulted in disappointment.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 16, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

They definitely take some getting used to if you're used to more modern RPGs. The combat, in particular, was never very good IMO.

I still like it though because it's one of the few RPG franchises I've actually felt encouraged to really roleplay in, actively inserting myself into the world and not just talking to everyone and stealing everything. I'd turn down quests because my character wouldn't do them, or accomplish them a certain way in keeping with their personality. In Fallout 2 I decided my character was so mad at a particular band of slavers that he killed them whenever he ran into them, always leaving two bottle caps in their inventory afterwards which I contextualized in my mind as leaving coins over their eyes Greek-style. I also dug how the status quo changed between games with the world moving forward. Fallout 1 is post-apocalyptic, but Fallout 2 (and New Vegas) are probably better described as post-post-apocalyptic with the reemergence of civilization and new societies.

Then Fallout 3 comes along and resets a bunch of stuff. I can appreciate why they thought it was necessary, but as someone who liked how previous Fallout games built off of each other it was kind of a slap in the face.

Fallout 4 seems to be another reset, so I can't say I'm too excited.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Done.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Turns out I will not actually be playing L4D2 tonight or any other foreseeable night as my connection is totally bogus at the moment with no idea when I can expect it to be better.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

He can be the guy who looks like joseph joestar
I'm glad.

DoubleDonut posted:

Don't worry, we succeeded after enduring the unreasonable bullshit that is Death Toll 4
I'm glad.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Glad you succeeded, not that Death Toll is unreasonable.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

100% Orange Juice is just a Mario Party that doesn't lie to you.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

100% Orange Juice is just Mario Party for people who don't have the time or the funds to actually play Mario Party.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

A short game of Mario Party is like an hour-and-a-half, two hour commitment.

Most OJ games finish in around 20 minutes.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Droyer posted:

OJ is mario party except instead of minigames the game doesn't pretend they mattered anyway.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Cross-posting in case anybody here wants to take me up on this:

Bad Seafood posted:

Have

Astebreed (humble bundle code)
Barbie Dreamhouse Party
Dark Souls
Deadly Premonition
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae (humble bundle code)
One Way Heroics (humble bundle code)
Out There Somewhere
Revolver 360 RE:ACTOR (humble bundle code)
The Ship (gift)
The Ship - 2 Pack (gift)
Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015
Stronghold HD
Unholy Heights (humble bundle code)
Vanguard Princess + DLC (humble bundle code)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Want

Ys Origin
War of the Human Tanks - ALTeR
Resident Evil 4
Sunless Sea

Contact me by PM, email, or befriending me on steam. I am open to price matching.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Nov 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Is team juicing something they added or something we're going to superimpose?

• Locked thread