Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

MikeJF posted:

Eh, Antichamber had a fantastic start but it kinda felt like they ran out of steam towards the end and just leaned on the cube gun puzzles too hard rather than the spacetime fuckery,

I agree with you but I have similar feelings toward the Portal games as far as meandering in the later parts, and I think in the end Antichamber just had a lot more to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I never finished the co-op campaign.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

sout posted:

It's also worth mentioning the Stanley Parable demo is completely separate from the actual game and worth a short look at in addition to playing the game.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

If you're gonna do the Stanley Parable, download & play the demo first: it's actually the prologue and gets you in the mood.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Who eats cake at a christmas party?

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Phlairdon posted:

Gamers

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I never finished the co-op campaign.

It's good.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Phlairdon posted:

Good to know, thanks for the heads up.

Looks like Black Forest gâteau which I believe is acceptable as a Christmas cake. Chocolate Roulade is also acceptable for the season.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

cynic posted:

Looks like Black Forest gâteau which I believe is acceptable as a Christmas cake. Chocolate Roulade is also acceptable for the season.

I'm learning so much in this thread.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Portal 2 has the best writing of any game ever. Was Jay Pinkerton the lead writer?

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Portal 2 is good. After you're done check out some of the community maps, they can be pretty awesome. Some are actually hard.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

the blonde chick in the back picking her nose is the best part

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
The obsession with the companion cube makes no sense and is dumb as hell. You only see the thing in 2 levels and use it for like 4 minutes of gameplay.

Why the loving obsession?

I understand the cake is a lie because the whole game builds up to it slowly... But the companion cube is barley in the game.

gently caress gamers and their memes.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Haha, OP is a fatty fatty no parents!!
That's just a little joke from my favourite robot ball, lol

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
if computer code didn't make my brain itchy i would be making a 5-a-side multiplayer mod with the Edgeless Safety Cube

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

all the men in this world have big block eyebrows so if you see a woman with big block eyebrows WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
video game

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Prorat posted:

The obsession with the companion cube makes no sense and is dumb as hell. You only see the thing in 2 levels and use it for like 4 minutes of gameplay.

I understand the cake is a lie because the whole game builds up to it slowly... But the companion cube is barley in the game.

valve just managed to tap into gamers innate loserdom

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The first one was really good, never really got around to playing the others. I watched my roommates do the co-op campaign or whatever for the second one. Seems like the magic was lost.

Prorat posted:

It's like the only other thing you really interact with in the short 1-2 hr game that might elicit an emotional response (even if it is just for a moment when you hesitate to burn it) :shrug:

It's not that hard to figure out.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
I really liked both games but I felt that the second one seemed to forget subtlety in humor

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Oh and I'm good thanks for asking :)

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014

Hobohemian posted:

Portal 2 is good. After you're done check out some of the community maps, they can be pretty awesome. Some are actually hard.

This, too, by the way

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

Shayu posted:

I really liked both games but I felt that the second one seemed to forget subtlety in humor

I agree that the second one wasn't as subtle, but I really enjoyed the fast paced humor that it had, had me cracking up a few times. All in all, the writing for it was great.

Shayu posted:

Oh and I'm good thanks for asking :)

Super duper!!!

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hmm. it's like a culture appropriating a culture appropriating a culture worshipping popular culture and consumerism. a kulturception, if you will

quakster fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 28, 2015

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Portal is a cool game, too bad it doesn't count as art.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

Jughead wearing the fallout shirt looks like he's seriously ready to kick someones rear end while holding that beer bottle by the neck.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Phlairdon posted:

Jughead wearing the fallout shirt looks like he's seriously ready to kick someones rear end while holding that beer bottle by the neck.

Fastest way to get caps. Somehow.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
just re-read ebert's "games can't be art" essay

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gaben thought of concept when one day he thought of sci fi ways to get food out of the fridge.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
My mom is the woman who voiced glados

Ricardio
Dec 3, 2012

Completely Consensual

Zzulu posted:

My mom is the woman who voiced glados

Ur mom is a real gladass

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Have u guyses played dear Esther? It's sweet

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Dear Esther may be cool on drugs, otherwise it's not. It made me sad sober but I'm a bitch.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

Trailer looks cool enough that I'll buy it when it goes down to $5

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
Dear Ester is a game where you walk. You're not allowed to run.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Jimbo Jaggins posted:

Dear Ester is a game where you walk. You're not allowed to run.

lol if you don't play with mods.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

sout posted:

lol if you don't play with mods.

it has mods?

next question: is there a Duke Nukem mod

sout
Apr 24, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

it has mods?

next question: is there a Duke Nukem mod

dunno i never played it, been hanging around in too many bethesda games threads.
in any case I think it's a source game so it probably wouldn't be too hard to gently caress around in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i don't care if video games are art but sometimes it's nice to walk on a beach while poems get said.

• Locked thread