Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
I've never encountered this: should I apply to a job where I'm 99% sure the job description is wrong?

There's an opening for an Emergency Response Coordinator at a reputable company but the description doesn't match the title. The actual description is for somebody who sources parts and does mechanical work, which has absolutely nothing to do with the title. The words 'emergency' 'response' and 'coordinator' do not show up once in the text. Should I apply for it and if so, how do I even address that? "Hello all, I noticed you were looking for an Emergency Response Coordinator but you might have written something for a mechanic. In case you are looking for the former, here are my credentials."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd just ask in the cover letter portion or in the body of the e-mail itself.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
It would be through an online application so it wouldn't be an e-mail per se. How would you politely bring it up? I don't want to come off as a know-it-all or like they're idiots.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

If you can't e-mail or call anyone directly I'd just fill out the online application and wait for a response and then bring up the discrepancy the first time you get human contact.

I don't think they'd think they were idiots. At worst all you've done is pointed out an error that they can fix so no one else is confused.

slap me silly
Nov 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I would just go ahead and apply, and make it really clear with your resume and cover letter that you're in emergency management. No need to figure out their bullshit for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

If there's an email contact I would send your question to that from a fake (but professional, e.g. john.doe@gmail.com or whatever) email account and see how they answer

• Locked thread